naypersonna

Does adding a derivative child change DQ date?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you can not add a derivative child to a CR1/IR1 visa 

only to to a F2 done by a LPR

the child needs his/her own I 130 petition with ALL supporting evidence

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
14 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

you can not add a derivative child to a CR1/IR1 visa 

only to to a F2 done by a LPR

the child needs his/her own I 130 petition with ALL supporting evidence

I know that already. I’m not talking about my case exactly. In general does it change the DQ date 

Edited by naypersonna

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, naypersonna said:

I know that already. I’m not talking about my case exactly. In general does it change the DQ date 

since all children are suppose to be listed on an F2,  then no,, they are already on the petitionspo

the spouse visa dq would not change but the USC may want to hold up the NVC process to allow a child's petition to catch up with the parent

hope that helps

37 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

since all children are suppose to be listed on an F2,  then no,, they are already on the petitionspo

the spouse visa dq would not change but the USC may want to hold up the NVC process to allow a child's petition to catch up with the parent

hope that helps

I've seen cases affected by this. Let's say there is a F2A that has been DQ in 2021 and a derivative child has been added to the application. This new derivative will require to upload some documents and these documents need to be reviewed by NVC. Once these news documents are reviewed and DQ, this new DQ date will be the one used for interview, not the first one from 2021. So, if there is a DQ from 2021 and a new DQ from 2022, then the latest one is used for the priority for interview.

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

hope that helps

The person is already DQ’d unfortunately so it seems that yes it would change the DQ date 

51 minutes ago, NikoTaino said:

I've seen cases affected by this. Let's say there is a F2A that has been DQ in 2021 and a derivative child has been added to the application. This new derivative will require to upload some documents and these documents need to be reviewed by NVC. Once these news documents are reviewed and DQ, this new DQ date will be the one used for interview, not the first one from 2021. So, if there is a DQ from 2021 and a new DQ from 2022, then the latest one is used for the priority for interview.

This is exactly what i was thinking 

2 minutes ago, naypersonna said:

The person is already DQ’d unfortunately so it seems that yes it would change the DQ date 

This is exactly what i was thinking 

Take a look at this question/answer:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview/appointment.html#int1

Can I include my children if they were not originally part of the case?

If the visa for which you are applying allows derivative children, your unmarried children under the age of 21 may be added as derivative applicants after your interview has been scheduled. You must directly contact the embassy/consulate to request specific instructions. At the interview the added applicant(s) will be required to pay the same fees, and submit the same forms and supporting documents as the original applicant(s).

Assuming they haven't added a derivate child, I recommend to wait until they get the Interview letter and then contact the consulate as previously specified.

• 4 months later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

@NikoTaino I wish I saw your advice about waiting till getting interview letter before add my newborn.

I'm DQ August 2021 but I have already added him as a derivative and now waiting to upload his documents. I'm sincerely praying it doesn't increase my waiting time.

• 10 months later...
On 1/31/2023 at 7:02 PM, Jannati said:

@NikoTaino I wish I saw your advice about waiting till getting interview letter before add my newborn.

I'm DQ August 2021 but I have already added him as a derivative and now waiting to upload his documents. I'm sincerely praying it doesn't increase my waiting time.

Did adding your child change your DQ date? Please share your experience. Thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Damiores said:

Did adding your child change your DQ date? Please share your experience. Thanks

Yes it did. It changed from August 2021 to March 2023.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Damiores said:

Wow...this is not nice. What do you suggest for one to do if child arrives before interview letter is received. Is it better to wait for interview date and add at the embassy?

Definitely add at the embassy. Bring all documents for the child, fill out/update the i864 and everything 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.