Paula&David

September 2022 I-130 filers

522 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MarmiteC said:

Silly question but could you book an air bnb close to the other one and then kind of loiter around outside the other one on the day of delivery? If I recall you get a timeslot also? 

Thanks @MarmiteC, that's what I was thinking as a fallback option

1 minute ago, bencdxb said:

Thanks @MarmiteC, that's what I was thinking as a fallback option

Or you can sent it to the airbnb and go to the post office to route it to where you want to receive it, it’s been done here but I don’t know if is the same in UK. It’s a paid service you can subscribe for a specific period of time. 

anyway, I had my interview yesterday and was verbally approved but my status on ceac is updated to Ready with yesterday’s date as the last updated I’m kind of sceptical now, it should have been approved. 

I don't think you can re-route it after interview in the UK. It's not sent via normal post but via a courier called DX. I checked and definitely got a 2 hour time window. I'd be loitering if I could. 

Does it show issued yet and are you still in the UK?

I interviewed in Tuesday, mine showed issued on Thursday and delivered on Friday.

3 minutes ago, MarmiteC said:

I don't think you can re-route it after interview in the UK. It's not sent via normal post but via a courier called DX. I checked and definitely got a 2 hour time window. I'd be loitering if I could. 

Does it show issued yet and are you still in the UK?

I interviewed in Tuesday, mine showed issued on Thursday and delivered on Friday.

Was it still ready until Thursday then it changed to issued or it was approved right after the interview 

Hey everyone I need some info help please! My husband and I have had issues trying to figure out filing taxes. I now am about to send them off so I can get my proof of income but he just found out from his dad that the council is telling him he needs to start bidding for properties. He can’t go with him. Will moving affect his process or do we have to notify them of his move? I need help please. Thanks! 

17 minutes ago, DaniandChris said:

Hey everyone I need some info help please! My husband and I have had issues trying to figure out filing taxes. I now am about to send them off so I can get my proof of income but he just found out from his dad that the council is telling him he needs to start bidding for properties. He can’t go with him. Will moving affect his process or do we have to notify them of his move? I need help please. Thanks! 

What stage are you at? NVC?

On 3/9/2024 at 8:55 AM, MarmiteC said:

I have to upload proof of income on CEAC. I’m filing my taxes now for proof of income. Once I have my proof of income he can submit his visa application. Then wait for an interview letter for his interview date.

Edited by DaniandChris
Wrong quote

4 hours ago, DaniandChris said:

I have to upload proof of income on CEAC. I’m filing my taxes now for proof of income. Once I have my proof of income he can submit his visa application. Then wait for an interview letter for his interview date.

So he needs to put whatever address he's currently at on the DS260. He has an option to add a mailing address if I recall correctly, so could he add somewhere that shouldn't change and he'll have access to? 

3 minutes ago, MarmiteC said:

So he needs to put whatever address he's currently at on the DS260. He has an option to add a mailing address if I recall correctly, so could he add somewhere that shouldn't change and he'll have access to? 

He will most likely end up at his aunts house till he immigrates. So he could use her’s.

On 3/9/2024 at 4:46 PM, Peter and Tam said:

Okay thanks 

After much back and forth with the embassy, I finally managed to get the address changed. Submitted to a DX site on Monday, went to AP yesterday, then to Issued this morning. Fingers crossed I get passport back tomorrow or Friday

On 3/20/2024 at 4:22 PM, bencdxb said:

After much back and forth with the embassy, I finally managed to get the address changed. Submitted to a DX site on Monday, went to AP yesterday, then to Issued this morning. Fingers crossed I get passport back tomorrow or Friday

That’s good news! I hope you managed to get the passport back with no issues

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hey everyone, my husband got approved on Tuesday!! Had his interview, brought the giant folder with so many extra forms and proofs of domicile, etc and they didn't really ask for anything extra, just hard copies of everything from CEAC.

The guy asked him 3 questions and that was it. I think the fact that we live together here helped, I was really worried about proof of domicile but we just took photocopy of my still valid US driver's license, proof over voter registration and a utility bill from the address we'll be living at that has been changed to my name starting January 2024, as well as my US passport. 

They told him he'd get his passport in 2-3 weeks, so now it's the final waiting game of this whole thing! We're probably going to move in July so we have some time to finalize everything here. 

Sending all of you lots of good luck that you get approvals soon as well!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.