Paula&David

September 2022 I-130 filers

523 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hey all, we haven't heard anything about our interview date for about 2 months now. Just wondering how long it took other people between getting DQ'd and their interview date?

I know each country/embassy is different, and we sent a message today just to make sure we didn't miss anything but considering how fast we got DQ'd, we were definitely hoping the interview date would've been assigned already.

47 minutes ago, ms_gv said:

Hey all, we haven't heard anything about our interview date for about 2 months now. Just wondering how long it took other people between getting DQ'd and their interview date?

I know each country/embassy is different, and we sent a message today just to make sure we didn't miss anything but considering how fast we got DQ'd, we were definitely hoping the interview date would've been assigned already.

Could you believe we are still waiting for interview appointment, it’s been 5 months now. Brussels Embassy. 

Timeline
21 hours ago, Peter and Tam said:

Could you believe we are still waiting for interview appointment, it’s been 5 months now. Brussels Embassy. 

OMG! That is so long! Have you sent a message to the NVC or anything? They just responded to our message saying we are in line to get an appointment and they will let us know but gave no indication of where in line we are nor any estimate of how long that might take, so we're back to just waiting. The NVC site says they aim to get interview dates within 90 days of DQ so 5 months is much longer!! 

1 minute ago, ms_gv said:

OMG! That is so long! Have you sent a message to the NVC or anything? They just responded to our message saying we are in line to get an appointment and they will let us know but gave no indication of where in line we are nor any estimate of how long that might take, so we're back to just waiting. The NVC site says they aim to get interview dates within 90 days of DQ so 5 months is much longer!! 

I think it’s about the embassy, we sent NVC a message and they responded with the same message you got. Certain embassies are backlogged and release appointment date for cases when they have time. I saw it from other people who have been waiting for 12 months and more. I hope we here something soon. 

Timeline
On 1/30/2024 at 1:37 PM, ms_gv said:

We just got a date for the end of March! But of course the only two doctors in the city who do the medical test don't have appointments until April.🙃 Does anyone know what the protocol is in this situation? Do we just need to reschedule our interview date after registering it? 

1 hour ago, ms_gv said:

We just got a date for the end of March! But of course the only two doctors in the city who do the medical test don't have appointments until April.🙃 Does anyone know what the protocol is in this situation? Do we just need to reschedule our interview date after registering it? 

Hi, I think general advice is to go for the interview, and they'll issue the visa when the medical comes through assuming all is ok?  It may be better to check with others at your embassy though.

Timeline
On 2/7/2024 at 12:19 PM, MarmiteC said:

Hi, I think general advice is to go for the interview, and they'll issue the visa when the medical comes through assuming all is ok?  It may be better to check with others at your embassy though.

We wound up calling the clinic directly and getting a "overflow" appointment for 20 days before the interview, so that's should be more than enough time. Everything on the .gov website says you need to have the medical done before the interview, so we didn't want to risk it. The clinic said it was a pretty common practice to make these sorts of overflow appointments

13 minutes ago, ms_gv said:

We wound up calling the clinic directly and getting a "overflow" appointment for 20 days before the interview, so that's should be more than enough time. Everything on the .gov website says you need to have the medical done before the interview, so we didn't want to risk it. The clinic said it was a pretty common practice to make these sorts of overflow appointments

You can do the medical after. But yeah it is much easier and less stressful to have everything in place and then the interview is the last thing. You get approval then you're good to go, no more needing to wait and worry.

Hi everyone. Just wondered if anyone had any issues getting a marriage certificate? We got married in the US and have ordered one recently and been given an estimated arrival date of the middle of next month. Really frustrating as it’s the last thing we’re waiting on before submitting our documents to await the interview. Very annoyed we didn’t order it sooner, but for some reason in my head I thought it was something we would have got in the post after getting married, and my husband just had it somewhere around the house. 

On 2/14/2024 at 7:49 PM, Mil123 said:

Hi everyone. Just wondered if anyone had any issues getting a marriage certificate? We got married in the US and have ordered one recently and been given an estimated arrival date of the middle of next month. Really frustrating as it’s the last thing we’re waiting on before submitting our documents to await the interview. Very annoyed we didn’t order it sooner, but for some reason in my head I thought it was something we would have got in the post after getting married, and my husband just had it somewhere around the house. 

We just received an email from NVC that our expedited request has been approved and case has been forwarded to the embassy. Our status is now in transit, it’s so strange because we did not request any expedited. How long do you think the status will change from in transit to ready. 

On 2/20/2024 at 8:08 PM, Peter and Tam said:

We just received an email from NVC that our expedited request has been approved and case has been forwarded to the embassy. Our status is now in transit, it’s so strange because we did not request any expedited. How long do you think the status will change from in transit to ready. 

Finally I received my interview date scheduled on March 8 but there are no medical appointments available, can I attend without the medicals, the earliest available date is March 22. 

Hi all,

I've got my embassy interview next week, and just getting everything ready. For anyone who's done the interview, do they really want hard copy copies of everything in the USCIS i-130 submission, or is the NVC submission material sufficient? If it's the i130 submission, I think I'm bringing a suitcase of material!

1 hour ago, bencdxb said:

Hi all,

I've got my embassy interview next week, and just getting everything ready. For anyone who's done the interview, do they really want hard copy copies of everything in the USCIS i-130 submission, or is the NVC submission material sufficient? If it's the i130 submission, I think I'm bringing a suitcase of material!

Congrats, mine is on the March of 8th, my interview letter came with a checklist of what to bring to the interview and they stated those that they require the original and those documents that they require photocopies. I wish us best of luck.

1 hour ago, bencdxb said:

Hi all,

Whatever civil documents you uploaded to the system during the NVC submission, take those. And make sure it's the exact documents. For example. When we were uploading the information for my wife, we could only find her short form birth certificate, so that's the one we uploaded. In the meantime we located her long form certificate, so when it came time for the interview we took it instead, thinking since it has more detail that it would be better. No. They needed to see the one we uploaded, so she had to submit it after the fact.

So yeah any civil documents you uploaded is what they're looking to see.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

So, had my interview on the 5th March, and got a 221g rejection due to the police clearance certificate from Hong Kong not being available. Turns out that it just wasn't sent from the US Embassy in Abu Dhabi (original case number was an ABD case) to London when the case got transferred. I am beyond annoyed.

Hong Kong will only issue the certificates directly to embassies, not to you, so I never received it and was informed that it had been dispatched and CEAC seemed to say everything was okay. So now I've had to fly to Abu Dhabi, pick up the certificate, scan and submit it and send the original by courier.

Now I'm in a situation that the courier address the US Embassy in London have is for an AirBNB I had booked, and now am not at. There is no way on the website to change the courier address after the interview and I'm getting a blank from my emails to the embassy, so no idea what to do now about submitting my passport. I can't have my passport sent to an address I'm not at, and I can't book the same AirBNB until May.

Incredible frustrated and annoyed 😡

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.