Paula&David

September 2022 I-130 filers

523 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, ms_gv said:

So I was rereading the requirements for translation and from what I understand, I don't need to translate if they are in Spanish and that is the official language of where we are applying from.

Did anyone else submit NVC docs without translating because they were in the language of the country you were applying from?

I think for NVC part you have to translate everything documents because NVC isn’t based in Spain but for the consulate or interview part translation isn’t compulsory when documents are in the language of the county where the interview was to be held. 

5 minutes ago, bond132 said:

is there anyone who can related to this status

Yeah mine said that for a few weeks before being approved. What date did you apply?

5 hours ago, lvjeremylv said:

Yeah mine said that for a few weeks before being approved. What date did you apply?

I saw the same thing from June,1 till August 2nd for my approval. Wish you an approval soon. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hey all! We submitted files to the NVC - turnaround was SO FAST! It was 5 business days.

I wrote a short notice that because I work freelance and earn in pesos, I didn't meet the US tax requirement so I didn't have tax returns for the last few years. My dad in the USA are my joint sponsor. We also submitted all of my partner's required docs in Spanish (the original language) since we're living in a Spanish-speaking country and no issue there! Really happy we didn't have to translate anything.

NVC accepted (approved) everything, but asked for the 1099 and Schedule Forms from my parents' 2022 taxes. Just submitted those today so hopefully will get DQ in the next few days.

Just wanted to update info in case anyone hasn't sent docs yet!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

DQ notice just arrived from NVC! It took us exactly 2 weeks total, including the notice that we needed to send additional documentation. The second review actually took a little longer than the first.

Waiting to hear about the interview date!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

For those people who have already gone through the interview process in London, realistically, how long does it take them to get your passport back to you?

1 hour ago, bencdxb said:

Hi everyone,

For those people who have already gone through the interview process in London, realistically, how long does it take them to get your passport back to you?

Took 3 days for mine. Interview was Tuesday, passport delivered Friday.

• 3 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity, those of you in the UK how long did your police certificate take to come through? I’ve applied for mine this week and am hoping it doesn’t take ages haha. 

We have decided to change our timeline and not wait until August like our original plan as I want to move as soon as possible. 

41 minutes ago, Mil123 said:

Just out of curiosity, those of you in the UK how long did your police certificate take to come through? I’ve applied for mine this week and am hoping it doesn’t take ages haha. 

We have decided to change our timeline and not wait until August like our original plan as I want to move as soon as possible. 

My UK certificate took about 3 weeks in total

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.