Paula&David

September 2022 I-130 filers

522 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MarmiteC said:

it usually takes about 24 hours for it to show up. I had the same. Try tomorrow. 

And yay!!! Congratulations. When's the interview for?

Cheers Marmite

They've given me the 29th November, but going to ask to move it to February as we only want to move in July (tie-in to end of school years)

2 hours ago, bencdxb said:

Cheers Marmite

They've given me the 29th November, but going to ask to move it to February as we only want to move in July (tie-in to end of school years)

I could be wrong but I thought you could only reschedule once the original interview has passed. 

You only have to activate the visa within the 6months of your medical, not necessarily actually move, although you should be out less than 6 months from that date. Just a thought.

48 minutes ago, MarmiteC said:

I could be wrong but I thought you could only reschedule once the original interview has passed. 

You only have to activate the visa within the 6months of your medical, not necessarily actually move, although you should be out less than 6 months from that date. Just a thought.

Congrats. If the visa is issued in December, July will be 7 months which will make the visa to be expired so it’s better you let NVC know and reschedule it as you are saying or you can travel to the states and activate the green card and maybe return back for some few weeks, actually i don’t know how that works but try to work it out with NVC

1 hour ago, Peter and Tam said:

it’s better you let NVC know and reschedule it

After NVC sends out the first IL, re-scheduling is handled by the consulate, and procedures for re-scheduling vary depending on the consulate.

@bencdxb @MarmiteC  There seems to be a new process for re-scheduling for London, prior to the original appointment.  Check this thread -- https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/797230-rescheduling-london-consulate-ir-1cr-1-interview-new-process/?do=findComment&comment=10866026

25 minutes ago, Chancy said:

After NVC sends out the first IL, re-scheduling is handled by the consulate, and procedures for re-scheduling vary depending on the consulate.

@bencdxb @MarmiteC  There seems to be a new process for re-scheduling for London, prior to the original appointment.  Check this thread -- https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/797230-rescheduling-london-consulate-ir-1cr-1-interview-new-process/?do=findComment&comment=10866026

Sure, I forgot the case is no more with NVC after IL and have been sent to the consulate. 

Edited by Peter and Tam

12 minutes ago, 24601lr55 said:

Also I see was just updated today... NVC document review gone from 7 days to 60 (!?!)

NVCStage.thumb.png.381083e401a5785f2d9c26d71da43cfc.png

Oh wow!  That's odd.  They were down to like a week.  I hope it's just a glitch!

2 minutes ago, MarmiteC said:

Oh wow!  That's odd.  They were down to like a week.  I hope it's just a glitch!

That sounds bad I hope it’s a glitch ours was reviewed in just 8 days and we submitted our complete documents on August 25, but saw it today that they are reviewing cases submitted on August 17. So it has definitely gone back. 

Just a heads up that we got our DQ e-mail this afternoon.  Soo progress is slowly being made.  At what point can we schedule the medical?

6 hours ago, Speedy troy said:

I just received a msg in my NVC portal "All required applicant documents have been received and approved" and the body of the message I found  "DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED"

Does this mean I'm approved? and I have to wait for the embassy for an interview?

I only sent the documents on the 9th of this month.

Yeah that is it, your case is DQ’d and awaiting interview appointment. Congratulations 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.