Paula&David

September 2022 I-130 filers

523 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, DaniandChris said:

I have a few questions if anyone can help from the UK. We’re looking into getting the police certificate and it says it can take up to 30 days. We just paid our fees and are waiting to start the DS-260. Can we order the certificate at any point or have to wait after we submit the DS-260? It’s says about getting the civil documents after we submit the DS-260, but if they give us a interview date very quickly and it will take a bit to get the police certificate we’re worried of we won’t get it in time for the interview. Also, when applying it’s says service required, what does that mean? Thanks!

IMG_3395.jpeg

Definitely apply now.

For the service required, they do a priority processing I think? It's it their fees list if it's available. 

1 hour ago, DaniandChris said:

I have a few questions if anyone can help from the UK. We’re looking into getting the police certificate and it says it can take up to 30 days. We just paid our fees and are waiting to start the DS-260. Can we order the certificate at any point or have to wait after we submit the DS-260? It’s says about getting the civil documents after we submit the DS-260, but if they give us a interview date very quickly and it will take a bit to get the police certificate we’re worried of we won’t get it in time for the interview. Also, when applying it’s says service required, what does that mean? Thanks!

IMG_3395.jpeg

Hi,

You can't get DQ until you have the police certificates, so no problems about scheduling the interview. This doesn't get scheduled until you're DQ. For the ACRO check for me, including being couriered to the middle east, this took about 2 weeks, so think the 30 days is them covering themselves.

Service required - this should be a drop down and you're after a police record of criminal conviction or good standing

52 minutes ago, bencdxb said:

Hi,

You can't get DQ until you have the police certificates, so no problems about scheduling the interview. This doesn't get scheduled until you're DQ. For the ACRO check for me, including being couriered to the middle east, this took about 2 weeks, so think the 30 days is them covering themselves.

Service required - this should be a drop down and you're after a police record of criminal conviction or good standing

Do we receive any confirmation when submitted the NVC civil documents, we submitted our documents on the August 24th and didn’t receive any confirmation email or notice. Also how long will it take for NVC to review the documents.

Edited by Peter and Tam

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Peter and Tam said:

Do we receive any confirmation when submitted the NVC civil documents, we submitted our documents on the August 24th and didn’t receive any confirmation email or notice. Also how long will it take for NVC to review the documents.

As soon as we submitted everything to NVC we received an email titled "U.S. DoS - CEAC Confirmation" with our case number and a confirmation that everything has been received. NVC has this website (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html) that they update every Monday with the latest information regarding their processing times. The last update says that it is taking them around 12 days to review documents once submitted. 

6 hours ago, mikojesz said:

As soon as we submitted everything to NVC we received an email titled "U.S. DoS - CEAC Confirmation" with our case number and a confirmation that everything has been received. NVC has this website (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html) that they update every Monday with the latest information regarding their processing times. The last update says that it is taking them around 12 days to review documents once submitted. 

I received this email as well but that was when I submitted the ds260 I’m talking about after uploading all the civil documents and then submitting them. Thanks  

47 minutes ago, Peter and Tam said:

I received this email as well but that was when I submitted the ds260 I’m talking about after uploading all the civil documents and then submitting them. Thanks  

Same here. Received a confirmation email when I submitted the actual visa application, but nothing when I submitted the civil docs or the financial docs. 

Only submitted everything on Tuesday, so figure I've got at least another week to wait to hear back once NVC have actually looked at all of the documents

7 hours ago, bencdxb said:

Same here. Received a confirmation email when I submitted the actual visa application, but nothing when I submitted the civil docs or the financial docs. 

Only submitted everything on Tuesday, so figure I've got at least another week to wait to hear back once NVC have actually looked at all of the documents

I didn't receive anything either - I remember being anxious I hadn't done it right whilst waiting for it to come through. I got approved in just over 2 weeks so perhaps the system just doesn't send out emails to everyone? I wouldn't worry until the expected time frame has passed! 

p.s. I am really enjoying seeing all these approvals come in.... congratulations to everyone!!!!

Edited by Micam

19 hours ago, bencdxb said:

Hi,

This opens up as a word document. No drop down menus at all. 

17 minutes ago, DaniandChris said:

This opens up as a word document. No drop down menus at all. 

I just did the police certificate form last week and I'm pretty sure it says they currently aren't offering expedited service. It's standard service only. About 4 days later I got an email telling me I had made a mistake in my submission and they had me do it again. So I don't think it's taking them very long to look at requests.

And now it's just a waiting game. Feels like waiting for someone, somewhere to respond is 99.9% of this whole process. Fingers crossed it's just a short wait to get the interview scheduled

Screenshot_20230828_153104_Brave.thumb.jpg.fd4d8692a208e44ae5e87f75f6081c79.jpg

18 hours ago, bencdxb said:

I just checked NVC page and as of August 28, NVC is reviewing documents submitted on August 17 so maybe ours will be the next review update. 

1 hour ago, Peter and Tam said:

I just checked NVC page and as of August 28, NVC is reviewing documents submitted on August 17 so maybe ours will be the next review update. 

Any way of knowing how far out interviews are being conducted once documents are reviewed? Is it generally a short lead time or should we expect to be waiting a while?

14 minutes ago, lvjeremylv said:

Any way of knowing how far out interviews are being conducted once documents are reviewed? Is it generally a short lead time or should we expect to be waiting a while?

Depends on which embassy your looking at. In the UAE the embassy runs a telegram channel where they publish which months DQ they're currently processing. Currently they're interviewing DQ from Sept 2022.

UK seems to be fairly consistently about 4-8 weeks. I assume this info would be available from NVC or the embassies?

6 minutes ago, bencdxb said:

Depends on which embassy your looking at. In the UAE the embassy runs a telegram channel where they publish which months DQ they're currently processing. Currently they're interviewing DQ from Sept 2022.

UK seems to be fairly consistently about 4-8 weeks. I assume this info would be available from NVC or the embassies?

It lives us in a dark hole again because we never know when after being DQ there will be interview scheduled there should have been an information somewhere that at least we can stipulate things while waiting. 

2 minutes ago, Peter and Tam said:

It lives us in a dark hole again because we never know when after being DQ there will be interview scheduled there should have been an information somewhere that at least we can stipulate things while waiting. 

Does anyone know US embassy in Brussels waiting time after DQ, I just wanna know an estimation. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.