jjcantab

Case FE Review Note - Domicile

4 posts in this topic

I just received an update from the NVC that all of our documents have been accepted, however received the following "Case FE Review Note":

[Petitioner] might not have a principal residence or be domiciled in the United States. Please submit proof of domicile.

I live overseas with my spouse.  I already submitted the following as attachments to my I-864: (1) declaration of intent letter from me; (2) letter from my parents saying we can stay with them; (3) US bank account statement at my parents' address; (4) federal voting evidence; and (5) a moving quote to move our belongings to the USA.

Is there anything else (short of me moving to the US ahead of my spouse) I could do to strengthen my application?  Would more financial statements with US addresses be of any help?  Is it worth me re-uploading the above in case these documents were missed?

I have read elsewhere here that the domicile matter is ultimately decided by the CO at the embassy.  Will our case progress any further at the NVC or will it remain in limbo until I submit further documents?

Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If it is just a note and not an RFE, then you should be fine.  It's more of a reminder to submit what you submitted.

• 2 months later...

For anyone in the same situation: I ended up submitting another explanatory letter and more evidence (two moving quotes, appraisal of our home's value from an estate agent, more statements of US financial accounts).  I labelled all of them as "proof of US domicile" in the NVC system and also submitted a public enquiry to bring it to their attention.

Nearly 2 months later I received my DQ and (on the same day, go figure) a response to the public enquiry informing me that my case was documentarily qualified.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.