Null_pointer

Am I in big trouble? Is this Visa Fraud?

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone's doing well. I have a question regarding the Visa Fraud. I don't know if I committed visa fraud in my case. So two years ago I got my b1/b2 visa. I applied for B1/B2 visa just to meet my then girlfriend now fiancé. We met online, although we entered a relationship two month before I attended the visa interview,  I wasn't quite sure if she was the one whom I wanted to have a long term relationship with. At least not before we seeing each other in person. I went to the interview, the officer asked me questions about the occupations of myself and my parents and so on. I told the officer the truth. However, there might be one question that I am not quite sure about how I answered, or I simplify can't remember if it was even brought up by the officer. The officer might have asked me a question on whether I know anyone in the US. I might have answered 'NO' or I might have answered 'I know some of my classmates are from the US'. On the DS-160 form, I used a random hotel address I found in Boston, but later when I got the approved visa I visited Las Vegas. I have never overstayed my visa nor violated any rule.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Null_pointer said:

Thank you for your advice, Do you think I have committed a fraud, should I turn myself in?

1 hour ago, Null_pointer said:

Thank you for your advice, Do you think I have committed a fraud, should I turn myself in?

Not really sure that is an option!! or to whom or how you would do that .. what you do moving forward is be honest in all your answers as asked.  ! If you cant recall what you answered then thats your honest answer…. though it sounds like you do recall answering a question ..  Don’t try to second guess USCIS or CBP 

Edited by Lil bear

3 hours ago, Lil bear said:

Not really sure that is an option!! or to whom or how you would do that .. what you do moving forward is be honest in all your answers as asked.  ! If you cant recall what you answered then thats your honest answer…. though it sounds like you do recall answering a question ..  Don’t try to second guess USCIS or CBP 

Thank you for your advice!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.