AnotherGC

August 2022 NVC submission

326 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bigmasoud said:

But they don't work on Saturdays, do they? Thanks to both of you, I will be checking constantly and post here 🙏

They sometimes give updates on Sat … (I think they work couple hours to clear backlog)

21 minutes ago, MrsSmithh said:

They sometimes give updates on Sat … (I think they work couple hours to clear backlog)

I am anxious every day right now haha. Off of everyone’s DQ’s I’m thinking maybe I will get mine by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. It’s torture waiting for that email

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

I am anxious every day right now haha. Off of everyone’s DQ’s I’m thinking maybe I will get mine by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. It’s torture waiting for that email

Trust me I understand completely. I checked every minute of everyday since they updated Wednesday. It’s a sickness 🤣 I was so anxious, had anxiety, even my pressure rose lol

9 minutes ago, MrsSmithh said:

Trust me I understand completely. I checked every minute of everyday since they updated Wednesday. It’s a sickness 🤣 I was so anxious, had anxiety, even my pressure rose lol

Oh for sure. I submitted my docs on 08/23 so I’m trying to just keep checking here and wait and see who all keeps getting DQ closer to my date so I can keep a lookout. And I go visit my husband on 11/17 so I’m praying to be DQ so we can celebrate when I get there because it will be amazing to know that after this visit the next time I go will be for his interview

Timeline
Just now, Ctavarez90 said:

Oh for sure. I submitted my docs on 08/23 so I’m trying to just keep checking here and wait and see who all keeps getting DQ closer to my date so I can keep a lookout. And I go visit my husband on 11/17 so I’m praying to be DQ so we can celebrate when I get there because it will be amazing to know that after this visit the next time I go will be for his interview

I pray that you receive great news. Yes, this is a great resource for keeping your mind sane but sometimes people hardly post so it’s hard to keep track. I’m really praying for great news for you next week. Is your case expedited ?

11 minutes ago, MrsSmithh said:

I pray that you receive great news. Yes, this is a great resource for keeping your mind sane but sometimes people hardly post so it’s hard to keep track. I’m really praying for great news for you next week. Is your case expedited ?

Thank you so much. I have repeatedly been looking over my documents I’m sure I have them memorized by now haha. And no it’s not expedited. I go to visit my husband for two weeks and then I won’t go back again until he has his interview. In the Dominican Republic after being DQ it takes about 3.5 months to get your interview letter so really hoping and praying for good news next week

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Thank you so much. I have repeatedly been looking over my documents I’m sure I have them memorized by now haha. And no it’s not expedited. I go to visit my husband for two weeks and then I won’t go back again until he has his interview. In the Dominican Republic after being DQ it takes about 3.5 months to get your interview letter so really hoping and praying for good news next week

That’s great ! 3.5 months is awesome! In Jamaica it’s 18-24 months. But I have an expedited case, so praying we’ll get over soon. There are some excess things they ask for. Like W2s, Wages & Income form, (if they make over a certain amount). Did you ever get a RFE before ?

11 minutes ago, MrsSmithh said:

That’s great ! 3.5 months is awesome! In Jamaica it’s 18-24 months. But I have an expedited case, so praying we’ll get over soon. There are some excess things they ask for. Like W2s, Wages & Income form, (if they make over a certain amount). Did you ever get a RFE before ?

I’ve never gotten an RFE. This is my first time submitting and I’m using a joint sponsor as well. I made sure to submit my W2s and my joint sponsors W2s and I know my joint sponsor makes WELL over the minimum amount needed. I’m also in a WhatsApp group of people petitioning their spouses from the same country as me so we are always sharing information and checking if we have any questions or anything. So I’m really praying all goes well. I know with people in our group that had an expedite they got their interviews scheduled within a month so maybe you will be the same🙏🏻

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ctavarez90 said:

I’ve never gotten an RFE. This is my first time submitting and I’m using a joint sponsor as well. I made sure to submit my W2s and my joint sponsors W2s and I know my joint sponsor makes WELL over the minimum amount needed. I’m also in a WhatsApp group of people petitioning their spouses from the same country as me so we are always sharing information and checking if we have any questions or anything. So I’m really praying all goes well. I know with people in our group that had an expedite they got their interviews scheduled within a month so maybe you will be the same🙏🏻

Ok message me privately 

30 minutes ago, MrsSmithh said:

Ok message me privately 

No problem! Looking forward to seeing more DQ’s. We are all so close!!!🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻♥️♥️♥️♥️

@Bigmasoud hoping to see you get your DQ on Monday!!!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

17 hours ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Good for you. The embassy where I've been appointed has a 5 months wait time, but by each step we get closer and that's what matters.

Thanks again, I'm waiting for Monday too. No news so far. Will keep you all posted.

9 hours ago, Bigmasoud said:

Good for you. The embassy where I've been appointed has a 5 months wait time, but by each step we get closer and that's what matters.

Thanks again, I'm waiting for Monday too. No news so far. Will keep you all posted.

The new week starts tomorrow and I’m expecting to be DQ along with you. Every time my phone dings I’m checking it haha. It’s so gut wrenching. But let’s all hope for good news this week 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

1 hour ago, Ctavarez90 said:

The new week starts tomorrow and I’m expecting to be DQ along with you. Every time my phone dings I’m checking it haha. It’s so gut wrenching. But let’s all hope for good news this week 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Yeah, we shall call tomorrow the DQ day lol. I wish you get the good news very soon.

43 minutes ago, Bigmasoud said:

Yeah, we shall call tomorrow the DQ day lol. I wish you get the good news very soon.

Thanks! And I work with 2 year olds so my nerves are already on edge 🤣🤣 I love the kids in my class but when your nerves are already on high alert waiting for this kind of news it can be crazy!!!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.