Wiks

i751 RFE - List of Documents

6 posts in this topic

I received RFE letter today. I'm hoping you can help me with the list of documents that I should prepare. 

Here's a list of documents that I'm planning to send: 

- Lease for the apartment, email from landlords saying we're approved for the apartment  
- IRS transcripts for year 2019, 2020, 2021 
- IDs/driving licenses 
- My 401k with her as a beneficiary
- Work insurance with her name as emergency
- Emails from her family (family events)
- More photos with family + trips/flights
- Amazon deliveries history with our address
- Text screenshots

Interesting is that the apartment lease was sent to USCIS, but they didn't list it in the mail...

Here's part of the letter:

rfe2.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
16 hours ago, Wiks said:

I received RFE letter today. I'm hoping you can help me with the list of documents that I should prepare. imageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebe

Here's a list of documents that I'm planning to send: 

- Lease for the apartment, email from landlords saying we're approved for the apartment  
- IDs/driving licenses 
- Text screenshots

Interesting is that the apartment lease was sent to USCIS, but they didn't list it in the mail...

Here's part of the letter:

rfe2.png

The attached photo of the RFE letter doesn't seem to work. Can you post it again (or type out what it is asking for)?

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Wiks said:

Here's the image:

Thanks!

rfe2.png

Okay, that is super helpful. 

I'm pasting your list from your original post to respond:

Do you only have one lease to show since the date of marriage? For instance, we sent our lease from 2019, 2020, and 2021. If this is your first lease, where did you live before?

Good, this solves the tax return issue

- IDs/driving licenses 

Do they show the same address? 

Good addition. 

What do you mean by work insurance? Is this referring to having your spouse as an emergency contact or having your spouse on your work health insurance plan?

Not good evidence. I wouldn't bother with these - emails are insanely easy to fabricate. Do you have letters or cards family members have mailed to you both instead?

Good addition. 

Does this show you were both receiving deliveries (both names on different orders)? If so, good.

- Text screenshots

Not good evidence either. Texts are also easy to fake and you can change contact names at a whim. 

Other suggestions of things you could provide:

• documentation of any joint loans (such as a car loan)
  • car insurance showing both names
  • joint memberships (gym, costco)
  • documentation of being an authorized user on spouse's credit card (easy to add if you haven't done this) 
  • any utility bills in both names or separate utility bills that go to same address (like if the water bill is in your name but power is in theirs)
  • power of attorney/living will 
  • If you have any pets, documentation from vet showing you are both "owners"

Lastly, why did you send only 7 months of bank statements? Do you both have a joint checking account? If so, send all bank statements from the date it become a joint account to the present date. If there was a large gap between date of marriage and date of being added to joint account, send a brief letter explaining why.

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

beloved_dingo thank you for your suggestions!

Do you only have one lease to show since the date of marriage? For instance, we sent our lease from 2019, 2020, and 2021. If this is your first lease, where did you live before?

- We had 2 leases since we got married, I sent the last on to the USCIS but it looks like it got lost...but we have both, USCIS should have the first one.

- Yes, IDs show the same address

What do you mean by work insurance? Is this referring to having your spouse as an emergency contact or having your spouse on your work health insurance plan?

- Correct, your spouse as an emergency contact 

Does this show you were both receiving deliveries (both names on different orders)? If so, good.

- We orders for our furniture, some home appliances, they're on my name 

We don't have a car (living in a city)

We don't have it

• documentation of being an authorized user on spouse's credit card (easy to add if you haven't done this) 
  • any utility bills in both names or separate utility bills that go to same address (like if the water bill is in your name but power is in theirs)

All the bills besides internet, are included in rent (USCIS can see that on the lease agreement)

I'll explore that one, thanks!

No pets :(

Lastly, why did you send only 7 months of bank statements? Do you both have a joint checking account? If so, send all bank statements from the date it become a joint account to the present date. If there was a large gap between date of marriage and date of being added to joint account, send a brief letter explaining why.

- We have joint statements for almost 4 years, I sent last 7 statements not all of them because that's what the lawyer suggested.

Some other ideas:

- Holiday cards from friends and family

- Letters from IRS that shows our names on the letter

Thank you so much for helping me with this! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Wiks said:

beloved_dingo thank you for your suggestions!

- We had 2 leases since we got married, I sent the last on to the USCIS but it looks like it got lost...but we have both, USCIS should have the first one.

- Yes, IDs show the same address

- Correct, your spouse as an emergency contact 

- We orders for our furniture, some home appliances, they're on my name 

We don't have it

All the bills besides internet, are included in rent (USCIS can see that on the lease agreement)

I'll explore that one, thanks!

No pets :(

Lastly, why did you send only 7 months of bank statements? Do you both have a joint checking account? If so, send all bank statements from the date it become a joint account to the present date. If there was a large gap between date of marriage and date of being added to joint account, send a brief letter explaining why.

- We have joint statements for almost 4 years, I sent last 7 statements not all of them because that's what the lawyer suggested.

Some other ideas:

- Holiday cards from friends and family

- Letters from IRS that shows our names on the letter

Thank you so much for helping me with this! 

1. Send both leases. USCIS misplacing things is not unheard of. 

2. Definitely send the copies of your IDs. 

3. Gotcha, emergency contact info is good. But are you not both on the same health insurance?

4. No worries about the car stuff. 

5. Makes sense for the bills, as you said USCIS will see that in the lease. 

6. There are templates for POA online that are simply to follow if you want to look into that :)

7. Unfortunately your lawyer gave bad advice. Send all statements from the date of marriage to present. 

You should be 100% fine once they get all of this in response. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.