Jump to content

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi there,  I am trying to apply a green card for my mother. She is currently residing in Hong Kong. My I-130 has been approved and just got a NVC number. I am in the process of gathering the civil documents, and one of the document is "certificate of no criminal conviction". In Hong Kong consulate's website, it clearly stated "Please do not request that the Certificate of No Criminal Conviction be sent directly to the National Visa Center, as this may cause delays in your case." (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/HongKong.html). However, from the Hong Kong police department's website, it stated "Upon receipt of complete application documents and the required processing fee, we shall issue the Certificate and send it directly by registered mail of the Hongkong Post to the relevant Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority. Applicants will NOT receive any copy of the Certificate." (https://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/11_useful_info/cert_no_crime_overseas.html). If the Hong Kong police department refused to send me a copy of Certificate of no criminal Conviction, I then can't scan it and upload it to CEAC. Is anyone here from Hong Kong and can shed some light what you did? 


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've had this question as well. I messaged alot of the Hong Kong based VJ members and the response seems to be the same. When you apply at HKFP, they'll issue you a receipt, and that receipt is what you upload at NVC, together with a note explaining HKFP protocol. 


I've just submitted mine. Since I'm out of Hong Kong for the meantime, I couldn't produce the receipt, and sending the requirements from abroad back to HK is just too much of a hassle. In the required docs, I marked Hong Kong Police Certificate 'document not available' and put a note explaining HKFP protocols, and that I've scheduled an appointment with them (I uploaded the email confirmation of my appointment) to make sure it reaches the US consulate in time for the interview. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...