EC&IC

What is Montreal’s current CR1 interview waiting time?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

(This is my first post, I'm sorry if this information exists somewhere—I searched the forum and found information from 2020 and early 2021, but nothing since. And the timelines I found seem all over the place, but I haven't found the way to organize them by DQ date.)

Could anybody help me have an idea as to the waiting time for interviews in Montreal, once we are DQ'ed? Thank you.

Timeline
On 7/23/2022 at 7:03 PM, EC&IC said:

(This is my first post, I'm sorry if this information exists somewhere—I searched the forum and found information from 2020 and early 2021, but nothing since. And the timelines I found seem all over the place, but I haven't found the way to organize them by DQ date.)

Could anybody help me have an idea as to the waiting time for interviews in Montreal, once we are DQ'ed? Thank you.

I was DQ’d April 15th, received IL June 15th and my interview is August 1st. CR1 Montreal

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Dawgydawgworld said:

I was DQ’d April 15th, received IL June 15th and my interview is August 1st. CR1 Montreal

Thank you! This is exactly the information I was hoping for, I appreciate it.

Timeline

The "part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group" thread maintains the following spreadsheet, go to tab 2022 for the latest updates. 

Some late May DQ's got interviews today, July 25th for September.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit#gid=255923754

Timeline
7 hours ago, M.Knaebel said:

The "part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group" thread maintains the following spreadsheet, go to tab 2022 for the latest updates. 

Some late May DQ's got interviews today, July 25th for September.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit#gid=255923754

Thank you! This is very useful, I'll bookmark it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/25/2022 at 8:10 PM, EC&IC said:

Thank you! This is very useful, I'll bookmark it.

If you jump onto that thread, take a look at the FAQ's (there's a link in my siggy) and you can ask Hawk Riders to add you to the spreadsheet since your timeline is already filled out :) 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Apologies for the somewhat noob question...but can anyone clarify my assumptions/estimates based on the folks above?

Submit application/docs + ~3 month wait time (estimation according to State Dept website of case review time) + ~2 month wait time for IL (interview letter) + ~2 months until interview?  I've been intentionally delaying my NVC submission, to push the interview hopefully into winter/spring 2023.  Yes, I know about the 1 year inactive case rule (PD around 2/1 for my case).  Was planning on submitting final NVC docs and such by end of September...

Timeline
On 7/30/2022 at 11:02 AM, Idlewild said:

Apologies for the somewhat noob question...but can anyone clarify my assumptions/estimates based on the folks above?

Submit application/docs + ~3 month wait time (estimation according to State Dept website of case review time) + ~2 month wait time for IL (interview letter) + ~2 months until interview?  I've been intentionally delaying my NVC submission, to push the interview hopefully into winter/spring 2023.  Yes, I know about the 1 year inactive case rule (PD around 2/1 for my case).  Was planning on submitting final NVC docs and such by end of September...

Based on current timelines, if you submit documents end of September and get DQ’d based on that submission, your interview would most likely be March or April 2023. (If your CR1 category)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Jayu Patel said:

Do anyone got any interviews whose DQ date is in June 2022? If yes what is the date if interview ?

My DQ date was May 3 

My notice of Interview was June 15

My interview was Aug 8

from my conversation with the interviewer, they have ramped up and are processing more each passing month.  :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/9/2022 at 2:22 PM, Jayu Patel said:

Do anyone got any interviews whose DQ date is in June 2022? If yes what is the date if interview ?

Please fill out your timeline: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=398717

Then, head here: 

Review the FAQ's linked in my signature.  Once you've filled out your timeline and if you're interviewing for IR/CR-1 in Montreal, you can request Hawk Riders to add you to the spreadsheet, also linked in my signature.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.