Wadewilsones

Guest marriage and citizenship application

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a question about citizenship application based on the 3-year rule. I am married to an American citizen for almost 3 years, but due to circumstances, we will need to live separately in different states for 1-2 years.  Will it have any effect on my ability to apply for 3-year rule citizenship? 

Right now I have I-751 pending, and my eligibility for citizenship will start in November 2022. 

Thank you!

The rule is 3 being a green card holder and being married with an USC. When did you received your greencard?

Did you get a Conditional or a 10 years greencard?

Can you share what reason will make you and your husband unable to live together?

18 minutes ago, PaulaCJohnny said:

The rule is 3 being a green card holder and being married with an USC. When did you received your greencard?

Did you get a Conditional or a 10 years greencard?

Can you share what reason will make you and your husband unable to live together?

I got my conditional green Card in February 2020. I applied for Removal of Condition in November 2021.  Still waiting. 

So, my spouse's dad bought land for my husband, but it needs to be maintained with electricity, water and etc. During all this, my spouse will live in a workshop on this land, and I honestly don't want to live in the workshop. Plus, I am still a student, and if I move out I will need to pay tuition as a non-resident. So, we decided I will rent a room in our city with my friend and my spouse and will go and build a house. And when everything will be done we will move in again.  

27 minutes ago, Wadewilsones said:

I got my conditional green Card in February 2020. I applied for Removal of Condition in November 2021.  Still waiting. 

So, my spouse's dad bought land for my husband, but it needs to be maintained with electricity, water and etc. During all this, my spouse will live in a workshop on this land, and I honestly don't want to live in the workshop. Plus, I am still a student, and if I move out I will need to pay tuition as a non-resident. So, we decided I will rent a room in our city with my friend and my spouse and will go and build a house. And when everything will be done we will move in again.  

I think if you have proof o that you both are still a couple, have finances together, visit each other frequently, etc will be easier to show what you are still together.

The person that review your case want to make sure that your relationship is real so this is what you need to show.

Sometimes people have no choice other than be far away . Your job, IMO, is to show that even with all this distance you are still a couple and are working to be together again as soon as possible.

good luck 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.