Waitingtolong

July Interview Letters

195 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Laud said:

No idea about CH, but I'll outline my current thinkingnonnwhen I'll interview which maybhelp you make your own guess.

What I imagine is happening is family visas are being held up at NVC until student visas are sorted. Semester starts mid to late August so I'm expecting family visa interviews to start up again in a month or so. But everyday without seeing anyone recieving IL makes that guess less and less likely.

Next I'm guessing where I am in the backlog. It looks as though the last people to be interviewed DQed late May. My DQ is July 12 so there are around 6 weeks of DQs ahead of me in the queue. Once the student visas are out the way I'd hope they get through interviews faster than DQs come in so I optimistically think this will add about 3 weeks for me (though this  is spiralling into totally uninformed guesswork 🙃)

With all that in mind, I'm expecting an interview in mid-September.

Would make sense. Saw lots of young people when I went to the London embassy last week! Not many families around.

Edited by angeldeborah

What do we all think? Do you think we’ve already been allocated our slot for the interview? I’m hoping so, because it will be a shorter wait for the interview. Could just be a delay getting the letters out as discussed before ^^ 

37 minutes ago, Tyler Joseph said:

What do we all think? Do you think we’ve already been allocated our slot for the interview? I’m hoping so, because it will be a shorter wait for the interview. Could just be a delay getting the letters out as discussed before ^^ 

That’s sounds good.. did this happen to others, then?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
3 hours ago, Tyler Joseph said:

No, sorry buddy. Just got a response from my embassy saying they haven't gotten my case from NVC yet. Which means the interview has not yet been scheduled.

2 minutes ago, Nika P said:

No, sorry buddy. Just got a response from my embassy saying they haven't gotten my case from NVC yet. Which means the interview has not yet been scheduled.

Damn!!! So annoying!! What’s your DQ date? 

3 hours ago, Tyler Joseph said:

I think we haven't been allocated interviews yet because the embassies aren't booking up slots for family visa until they've sorted the student visas. So when they *do* recieve our cases it's possible that some of us have a shorter waits, as they fill up the slots. It's worth noting that after the long gap last summer an unusually high amount of VJers had interviews in the 10 days after.

9 minutes ago, Laud said:

I think we haven't been allocated interviews yet because the embassies aren't booking up slots for family visa until they've sorted the student visas. So when they *do* recieve our cases it's possible that some of us have a shorter waits, as they fill up the slots. It's worth noting that after the long gap last summer an unusually high amount of VJers had interviews in the 10 days after.

That’s good to hear. Thanks for sharing this. 

5 minutes ago, Tyler Joseph said:

That’s good to hear. Thanks for sharing this. 

To be clear I'm just guessing! I'm going off another users suggestion rather than anything concrete.

Interestingly, I just had a look at a subreddit for student visas and it seems like London have started giving students an opportunity to apply for an interview waiver, so they skip the interview stage entirely. I suppose this also backs up idea that London are trying to plough through a large amount of visas before term starts in August. It'd be good if someone on the forum knew more about the student visa process and could offer some insight on this.

21 hours ago, Laud said:

To be clear I'm just guessing! I'm going off another users suggestion rather than anything concrete.

Interestingly, I just had a look at a subreddit for student visas and it seems like London have started giving students an opportunity to apply for an interview waiver, so they skip the interview stage entirely. I suppose this also backs up idea that London are trying to plough through a large amount of visas before term starts in August. It'd be good if someone on the forum knew more about the student visa process and could offer some insight on this.

Not sure if I’m comparing apples to pears to the nth degree now, but I read on the K1 forum people had received interview letters during last week, and that they expect the next batch of ILs during the first week of August.  Oh, the mysteries of NVC and their processes 😫

19 minutes ago, Redrobot said:

Not sure if I’m comparing apples to pears to the nth degree now, but I read on the K1 forum people had received interview letters during last week, and that they expect the next batch of ILs during the first week of August.  Oh, the mysteries of NVC and their processes 😫

That's really interesting, could mean they're starting in family visas again...!

This hiatus in interviews seems to only be affecting certain countries. What country with the K1 interviews you saw from? I still can't find any* timeline in either IR1 or K1 for the UK with a 'consulate recieved' date since the start of June.

(*I can find one example but it's a fairly incomplete timeline and no interview date so far)

12 minutes ago, Laud said:

That's really interesting, could mean they're starting in family visas again...!

This hiatus in interviews seems to only be affecting certain countries. What country with the K1 interviews you saw from? I still can't find any* timeline in either IR1 or K1 for the UK with a 'consulate recieved' date since the start of June.

(*I can find one example but it's a fairly incomplete timeline and no interview date so far)

The person who posted is from India:

32 minutes ago, Redrobot said:

The person who posted is from India:

Oh that's really interesting. It looks as though a whole load of cases left NVC yesterday from many countries. I don't understand much about the K1 process but it seems like a key difference between K1 and CR1/IR1 is that at K1 cases are scheduled by the applicant wheres at CR1/IR1 it's done for you.

This may be a sign they're prepping to start scheduling interviews for family visas for CR1/IR1 too. It might be a good idea to check ceac more over the next few days as some of us may have left NVC. Fingers crossed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.