Waitingtolong

July Interview Letters

195 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Laud said:

Yes, I obviously wasn't tracking the interview dates as closely 12 months ago so have no idea what's normal. The student visa suggestion seems very feasible to me - it makes sense to prioritise those who have a hard deadline for arrival and bring a lot of money in over those of us waiting for family visas.

Some of us have dual intent though; I’m not sure they view family applicants as non-contributors! 

1 minute ago, Redrobot said:

Some of us have dual intent though; I’m not sure they view family applicants as non-contributors! 

Agreed.

And regarding your point on patterns, I've just done a timeline search looking at interviews in London during the summer of 2021 and it seems to have followed a similar pattern, albeit earlier in the summer. There was a consistent flow of interviews until 17 May. Then only 2 interviews reported in the next 10 weeks, and then suddenly a big chunk of interviews on 26 July and more at the start of August.

I tried checking Netherlands but there weren't enough listed to really notice much.

9 minutes ago, Laud said:

Agreed.

And regarding your point on patterns, I've just done a timeline search looking at interviews in London during the summer of 2021 and it seems to have followed a similar pattern, albeit earlier in the summer. There was a consistent flow of interviews until 17 May. Then only 2 interviews reported in the next 10 weeks, and then suddenly a big chunk of interviews on 26 July and more at the start of August.

I tried checking Netherlands but there weren't enough listed to really notice much.

That’s interesting indeed! I checked all Amsterdam data last week and made some pie charts 😂. The data sample for NL is so minuscule though that I can’t rely on the conclusions,  especially as NVC and the embassies just seem to have no ‘new normal’ yet!  

830E8FFD-41C6-42B7-A64C-9A42F87CCA99.jpeg

90D55CC1-06A2-42A3-810A-F5E13BDDD3E3.jpeg

82679A29-7371-496A-8DE9-A977BBAE3008.jpeg

On 7/15/2022 at 12:39 PM, Nika P said:

Belgian Embassy here. DQ since June 21 and been waiting ever since. I know of people in Belgium DQ'd earlier in June and getting their interview letter the following week. It's almost been 4 weeks for us. So this is an NVC thing most likely, right?

I too got the confirmation that I'm in the queue for the interview at the end of June. No other news since then, unfortunately. The status is "At NVC" when I check the ceac website. What's yours? 

7 hours ago, Redrobot said:

That’s interesting indeed! I checked all Amsterdam data last week and made some pie charts 😂. The data sample for NL is so minuscule though that I can’t rely on the conclusions,  especially as NVC and the embassies just seem to have no ‘new normal’ yet!  

830E8FFD-41C6-42B7-A64C-9A42F87CCA99.jpeg

90D55CC1-06A2-42A3-810A-F5E13BDDD3E3.jpeg

82679A29-7371-496A-8DE9-A977BBAE3008.jpeg

I have to say I love how we are all digging into data to find out answers or have an approximative idea of what’s going on 😁 (analyst speaking 🤣)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
2 hours ago, WaiverFinder said:

I too got the confirmation that I'm in the queue for the interview at the end of June. No other news since then, unfortunately. The status is "At NVC" when I check the ceac website. What's yours? 

Same, "At NVC". Today's the four-week mark. Let's hope that actually means something.

4 hours ago, MSC2021 said:

I have to say I love how we are all digging into data to find out answers or have an approximative idea of what’s going on 😁 (analyst speaking 🤣)

This is what a void of information/communication from NVC does to someone’s state of mind and search for answers 😂

1 hour ago, Nika P said:

Same, "At NVC". Today's the four-week mark. Let's hope that actually means something.

Same, “at NVC” 

I think it has something to do with student visa appointments. 

I know people in Korea scheduled to interview in July had their appointments moved to August.

Korea has been sending out interview letters once a month (usually the third week) but in June they sent out two sets of IL's.(The 15th and the 27th)

They also didn't send ILs out in January. 

No reports I've seen of interview letters since June 27.

I'm expecting people will receive ILs in the last week of July though... 

Good luck EVERYONE!

Interview letter dates I found for Korea- if anyone is interested. 

image.png.72eba054a3bf8bd3249fb2dba20bd45f.png

Edited by ROK2USA

7 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

I think it has something to do with student visa appointments. 

I know people in Korea scheduled to interview in July had their appointments moved to August.

Korea has been sending out interview letters once a month (usually the third week) but in June they sent out two sets of IL's.(The 15th and the 27th)

They also didn't send ILs out in January. 

No reports I've seen of interview letters since June 27.

I'm expecting people will receive ILs in the last week of July though... 

Good luck EVERYONE!

Interview letter dates I found for Korea- if anyone is interested. 

image.png.72eba054a3bf8bd3249fb2dba20bd45f.png

thanks for this! do you think if we receive IL end of July (for no backlog embassies), we may have our interview in September (August would be much better...) ? thanks!

Edited by MSC2021

2 minutes ago, MSC2021 said:

thanks for this! do you think if we receive IL end of July (for no backlog embassies), we may have our interview in September (August would be much better...) ? thanks!

I have no idea. It could be August or September. 

For our consulate it will definitely be September because those of us who have received interviews are scheduled until August 25 and people who can schedule their own appointments can only select days in September. 

2 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

I have no idea. It could be August or September. 

For our consulate it will definitely be September because those of us who have received interviews are scheduled until August 25 and people who can schedule their own appointments can only select days in September. 

At the Tunisian Embassy the last Interview scheduled was August 24 also for Cr1 interview their Dq date was June 8 and another June 10. My dq was June 17 and I’m still waiting.  I’m thinking maybe they are waiting to schedule Septembers. 

22 minutes ago, MSC2021 said:

No idea about CH, but I'll outline my current thinkingnonnwhen I'll interview which maybhelp you make your own guess.

What I imagine is happening is family visas are being held up at NVC until student visas are sorted. Semester starts mid to late August so I'm expecting family visa interviews to start up again in a month or so. But everyday without seeing anyone recieving IL makes that guess less and less likely.

Next I'm guessing where I am in the backlog. It looks as though the last people to be interviewed DQed late May. My DQ is July 12 so there are around 6 weeks of DQs ahead of me in the queue. Once the student visas are out the way I'd hope they get through interviews faster than DQs come in so I optimistically think this will add about 3 weeks for me (though this  is spiralling into totally uninformed guesswork 🙃)

With all that in mind, I'm expecting an interview in mid-September.

1 hour ago, Laud said:

No idea about CH, but I'll outline my current thinkingnonnwhen I'll interview which maybhelp you make your own guess.

What I imagine is happening is family visas are being held up at NVC until student visas are sorted. Semester starts mid to late August so I'm expecting family visa interviews to start up again in a month or so. But everyday without seeing anyone recieving IL makes that guess less and less likely.

Next I'm guessing where I am in the backlog. It looks as though the last people to be interviewed DQed late May. My DQ is July 12 so there are around 6 weeks of DQs ahead of me in the queue. Once the student visas are out the way I'd hope they get through interviews faster than DQs come in so I optimistically think this will add about 3 weeks for me (though this  is spiralling into totally uninformed guesswork 🙃)

With all that in mind, I'm expecting an interview in mid-September.

thanks a lot for your answer and insight! well definitely better to plan a larger window for sure! it all makes sense!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.