59 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Family said:

Did you have enough funds in your account? Did you ask the bank why they bounced the payment ( am assuming used a debit card or credit card).

Options are to wait for the packet ( that will be returned) as rejected filling and send it Again with a Money Order

We used Navy Federal credit card. We don;t know the reason yet. We're assuming maybe the bank thought of it as a fraudulent transaction. How long does it take for the packet to be returned to us?  :( Sorry, but what is money order?

Edited by anna galacs

Just now, anna galacs said:

We Navy Federal credit card. We don;t know the reason yet. We're assuming maybe the bank thought of it as a fraudulent transaction. How long does it take for the packet to be returned to us?  :( Sorry, but what is money order?

You should have the packet back within 2 weeks. 
Your husband will know what a money order is but “ giro postal” is closest to mind 

What country are you in?

2 minutes ago, Family said:

Or if husband has a complete copy of the I-824 packet, he can do a Wet Signature on the copy and send it out w the Money Order.

Make sure he keeps a copy of the filing

Sorry... i think I missed out on this one. Is the packet the one that mailed to USCIS , right? We don't have copies of it. 

3 minutes ago, Family said:

Your husband will know what a money order is but “ giro postal” is closest to mind 

What country are you in?

Oh, I see, So after getting back our form i-824, do we fill out another form? or do we use it again and send a money order? 

I'm from the Philippines. Is it the same as Manager's or Bank's check? 

1 minute ago, anna galacs said:
6 minutes ago, Family said:

Or if husband has a complete copy of the I-824 packet, he can do a Wet Signature on the copy and send it out w the Money Order.

Make sure he keeps a copy of the filing

Sorry... i think I missed out on this one. Is the packet the one that mailed to USCIS , right? We don't have copies of it. 

Oh…please make sure when you refile you keep a COMPLETE COPY of what you send to USCIS! 
I recommend waiting a bit , they will send it back . 

Declined Credit Cards

If a credit card is declined, we will not attempt to process the credit card payment again. We will reject your application, petition, or request for lack of payment.Apr 25, 2022

https://www.uscis.gov/pay-with-a-credit-card

6 minutes ago, anna galacs said:
11 minutes ago, Family said:

What country are you in?

Oh, I see, So after getting back our form i-824, do we fill out another form? or do we use it again and send a money order? 

I'm from the Philippines. Is it the same as Manager's or Bank's check? 

I assumed your husband is in the US…because you CANNOT send foreign checks as payment…and it will take way longer for them to send rejected packet to Philippines 

Is your husband in the Philippines with you?

Edited by Family

7 minutes ago, Family said:

Oh…please make sure when you refile you keep a COMPLETE COPY of what you send to USCIS! 
I recommend waiting a bit , they will send it back . 

Declined Credit Cards

If a credit card is declined, we will not attempt to process the credit card payment again. We will reject your application, petition, or request for lack of payment.Apr 25, 2022

https://www.uscis.gov/pay-with-a-credit-card

Huhuhu this makes me anxious and kind of scared. "We will reject your application, petition," if they reject our application, does it mean that we have to start all over again? :( 😢 

No , they just reject the I-824 filing because payment did not go through. As soon as he mails it in with a money order ( bank check or even personal check), then they will begin processing it. 

He can use the same packet , no need to redo

No reason to worry, just a little delay. 
This time he needs to make copies!

9 minutes ago, Family said:

No , they just reject the I-824 filing because payment did not go through. As soon as he mails it in with a money order ( bank check or even personal check), then they will begin processing it. 

He can use the same packet , no need to redo

No reason to worry, just a little delay. 
This time he needs to make copies!

Oh I see. This helps a lot. Thank you so much!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.