Lauriane_C

June 2022 NVC Submissions IR1

178 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Wavymago said:

We submitted an RFE on June 3rd so coming up pretty soon! I'll report back once we get an email!

Do you have a joint sponsor besides your wife?

2 minutes ago, Wavymago said:

No joint sponsor, it's only my wife. We missed adding a 1099 form so we added that and hoping to be DQ'd this time.

Thanks for the update. I am a little nervous because my wife hasn't worked in the US for the past several years but made some paypal transactions for which she was taxed. The tax transcript clearly states that 1099 is not needed and was not submitted (and we could not get Paypal to provide 1099 for 2021 because their >$600 rule was established for 2022). We did put in a statement that she has no W2 to submit as she worked abroad this whole time. We have a joint sponsor who submitted all of his tax-related stuff, so I hope that covers it.

2 minutes ago, chaoticenergy said:

Thanks for the update. I am a little nervous because my wife hasn't worked in the US for the past several years but made some paypal transactions for which she was taxed. The tax transcript clearly states that 1099 is not needed and was not submitted (and we could not get Paypal to provide 1099 for 2021 because their >$600 rule was established for 2022). We did put in a statement that she has no W2 to submit as she worked abroad this whole time. We have a joint sponsor who submitted all of his tax-related stuff, so I hope that covers it.

Is this your first time submitting? The 1099 that we got an RFE for was only about 25 dollars in total and it was some intreset from her bank so it's barley anything but they still asked for it. Just make sure to include all w2's and 1099's that are contributing to the total amount reported for the specific year. Do make sure you include a letter explaining along with the documents. I wish you the best of luck!

8 minutes ago, Wavymago said:

Is this your first time submitting? The 1099 that we got an RFE for was only about 25 dollars in total and it was some intreset from her bank so it's barley anything but they still asked for it. Just make sure to include all w2's and 1099's that are contributing to the total amount reported for the specific year. Do make sure you include a letter explaining along with the documents. I wish you the best of luck!

Okay, I hope it does not come down to that, but we will prepare it somehow (I don't know how to get 1099 that does not exist) or at least write an affidavit explaining that we do not have one. Our lawyer refused to mention 1099 in the letter that explained her income being entirely foreign and told us it would just confuse the officers to mention 1099. In any case, we are about to hear back from NVC soon.

My submission (first time) was compiled on June 3.

Edited by chaoticenergy

I am sure everyone has a spreadsheet like this by now. I have compiled NVC processing times and results for May filers based on the information I gathered from VisaJourney forums, various Facebook groups, WhatsApp chatrooms, and individual DMs. I think this will be most relevant to this group (June filers).

https://cryptpad.fr/sheet/#/2/sheet/view/hzqn5h7k2TaMqWlpzLMkguFBZcTG1JCyhTTbZ3TNd3Y/

Edited by chaoticenergy

1 hour ago, chaoticenergy said:

June 3 submission - got a Case FE Note today (Aug 9) :(

Was it for the 1099 thing? I'm nervous about this too because I work overseas but have 1099s as well and I'm worried they'll get confused and send me RFEs.

16 minutes ago, Chanel H. said:

Was it for the 1099 thing? I'm nervous about this too because I work overseas but have 1099s as well and I'm worried they'll get confused and send me RFEs.

No, everything else was accepted (and hopefully it stays that way). The FE Note was about my joint sponsor's 2021 Tax Return Transcript which does not exist yet because of the current IRS backlogs. I thought that they lawyers just submitted the 2021 Wage and Income Transcript, but apparently my lawyers mistakenly submitted the 2020 Tax Return Transcript instead and told NVC that it was for 2021. So we ended up getting an "invalid" on that document. Dumb reason to delay my entry into the US by months at a time.

My petitioner has no 1099 but we just uploaded an explanation that she does not have W2s in place of W2/1099 and it was accepted apprently.

Edited by chaoticenergy

10 hours ago, Wavymago said:

Oh wow, that makes me really nervous for my submissions. I have a rental that I get 1099's for, but I didn't include that at all. I figured that my W-2 from my job is more than enough by itself, and I submitted the tax transcripts for 2019, 2020, and tax return for 2021.

9 hours ago, chaoticenergy said:

I am sure everyone has a spreadsheet like this by now. I have compiled NVC processing times and results for May filers based on the information I gathered from VisaJourney forums, various Facebook groups, WhatsApp chatrooms, and individual DMs. I think this will be most relevant to this group (June filers).

https://cryptpad.fr/sheet/#/2/sheet/view/hzqn5h7k2TaMqWlpzLMkguFBZcTG1JCyhTTbZ3TNd3Y/

Great job in compiling!

But ack!! I also typed the date for my I-864! I do that because my handwriting is atrocious. Oh no. 😱

5 minutes ago, LN1Casey said:

Great job in compiling!

But ack!! I also typed the date for my I-864! I do that because my handwriting is atrocious. Oh no. 😱

I hope they overlook yours! Honestly, getting held up at the NVC stage is the dumbest thing I am having to deal with in life.

7 minutes ago, chaoticenergy said:

I hope they overlook yours! Honestly, getting held up at the NVC stage is the dumbest thing I am having to deal with in life.

I honestly think that's an absurd reason for an RFE.  There is no written guidance there that specifies it must be a hand written date, and it doesn't even make logical sense for it to be so. The rest of it is typed, the form itself has that section as type-fill in.

Hopefully it was just that adjudicator being a ####### on that day, not a real reason for return because honestly, #######?

1 minute ago, LN1Casey said:

I honestly think that's an absurd reason for an RFE.  There is no written guidance there that specifies it must be a hand written date, and it doesn't even make logical sense for it to be so. The rest of it is typed, the form itself has that section as type-fill in.

Hopefully it was just that adjudicator being a ####### on that day, not a real reason for return because honestly, #######?

It’s a pretty “typical” rfe. NVC is a preprocessing agency so they don’t adjudicate but just check if the forms are correct, etc and this has led to pigeonholing certain common issues with applications without much thought going into such things, most notably - not submitting w2/1099, scan issues (page cut off or is oriented sideways), typed signatures/dates, not providing proof of domicile for petitioner, police certificate not having the exact wording they are looking for, etc.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.