Mike20090622

Hopeless for Russian fiancé

24 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, Irina and Chris said:

Look into tickets with Emerates.  They have rt $2300 moscow to Mexico City.

Turkish airlines has gone crazy with their pricing.  However it may be possible to get a much better price booking seperately Moscow to Istanbul on aeroflot or another, then to Mexico City on Turkish.

Yeah they have. 2 weeks to 1.5 month ago was not to bad. Since we don't have a lot of money but have plenty of time we looked in to going all sorts flights. Best prices to get to US or Mexico was flying from Istanbul. Even to the U.S. picking airports that are 6 to 12 hours from me and then drive there was a heck a lot cheaper. 

Also word of advice avoid  LOT if you can. We had to buy a lot of airline tickets just to get visa, dismissed from military services, or just travel. Most of our tickets was Turkish Airlines every since one of them was able to cancel; and get refunded very quickly.

We had 2 tickets from LOT one was a refundable and one was not. We canceled them a whole 40 days before the flights was to go out. It was hard to cancel them and by the times the flight date comes, for one of them it still listed as good. Still no refund.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Irina and Chris said:

That sucks.  My fiance's tickets from Mexico City on Turkish Airlines were listed cancelled but we checked and only her flight Istanbul to Sochi was gone.  They changed her to an Istanbul to Moscow flight.

Will Emirates cancel without refunding?  

Regardless, I am currently experiencing the same hopelessness and depression.  So saddening to distill down to long chats and video calls.  Feels like life is on pause.  We aren't even to NOA2.  Filed in September '21 and so far nothing at all.  Likely another 6+ months just to move another step forward.  BTW, It was nice living together in Mexico, but no work or income sucked.  She had to go back for her son who's dad tragically died.  We both want to go back there, hopefully in September.  Hope you get some news.  

Only the return flights are canceled so I still will goto Moscow on July 20 if they don’t cancel the flights and I will buy return flights separately, I buy from Moscow to Istanbul on August 10 with cheaper tickets about 800$, then Istanbul to Washington DC about 1100$, not very bad compared with Turkish airlines of 3500$.

I also checked from Moscow to mexico and found some cheaper ones of buying separately from Istanbul to mexico, 2100$ each person, but we may just insist on meeting in Moscow for 3 weeks. We are 2021 April filer and I didn’t expect them to come to America this year, and our case got expedited in uscis due to the war. I wonder it will be more than two years for you to wait before your fiancé can come to America.

we lived 4 months together in mexico last year and I can live in Mexico and work in America side everyday, crossing the border is painful so I applying Global entry card but it will also take more than a year, American government is so bad and inefficient in everything. Her mom is very sick and her kids need goto schools so it’s not a good time to live together in Mexico for too long for her mom and kids concerned with 

Edited by Mike20090622

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mike20090622 said:

Only the return flights are canceled so I still will goto Moscow on July 20 if they don’t cancel the flights and I will buy return flights separately, I buy from Moscow to Istanbul on August 10 with cheaper tickets about 800$, then Istanbul to Washington DC about 1100$, not very bad compared with Turkish airlines of 3500$.

I also checked from Moscow to mexico and found some cheaper ones of buying separately from Istanbul to mexico, 2100$ each person, but we may just insist on meeting in Moscow for 3 weeks. We are 2021 April filer and I didn’t expect them to come to America this year, and our case got expedited in uscis due to the war. I wonder it will be more than two years for you to wait before your fiancé can come to America.

we lived 4 months together in mexico last year and I can live in Mexico and work in America side everyday, crossing the border is painful so I applying Global entry card but it will also take more than a year, American government is so bad and inefficient in everything. Her mom is very sick and her kids need goto schools so it’s not a good time to live together in Mexico for too long for her mom and kids concerned with 

Mexico is a great county with welcoming people.  So many go there to be together when our government cannot function and keeps us apart.  

I also applied for Global Entry.  Took them 9 months to send disapproval letter.  No idea why.  Flying and going through TSA isn't too bad.  However, I usually drive across now.  We plan on going back in September.  Ironically, we will be elgible for Mexican Citizenship in 15 months...  US takes that long just to pick up the Visa application and read it.  

May I ask you, Mike, how did you go about getting expedited because of war?  Although it doesn't seem you are expedited really.  I noticed an application with a Ukranian bride that went start to finish in 3 months under the Uniting for Ukraine.l program.  Also have noticed others, including Russian applications getting prioritized and moving quickly.  I sit waiting for NOA2 for 9 months now.  So depressing thinking about how much more wait lie before us.  It has cost us so much financially and emotionally.  Travel, living together in Mexico, etc...   Its like a dystopian story that has come true.  Really quite unbelievable so many of us are victims of our own government.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Irina and Chris said:

Mexico is a great county with welcoming people.  So many go there to be together when our government cannot function and keeps us apart.  

I also applied for Global Entry.  Took them 9 months to send disapproval letter.  No idea why.  Flying and going through TSA isn't too bad.  However, I usually drive across now.  We plan on going back in September.  Ironically, we will be elgible for Mexican Citizenship in 15 months...  US takes that long just to pick up the Visa application and read it.  

May I ask you, Mike, how did you go about getting expedited because of war?  Although it doesn't seem you are expedited really.  I noticed an application with a Ukranian bride that went start to finish in 3 months under the Uniting for Ukraine.l program.  Also have noticed others, including Russian applications getting prioritized and moving quickly.  I sit waiting for NOA2 for 9 months now.  So depressing thinking about how much more wait lie before us.  It has cost us so much financially and emotionally.  Travel, living together in Mexico, etc...   Its like a dystopian story that has come true.  Really quite unbelievable so many of us are victims of our own government.

K visa petitioners are small section and kind of losers that no one care about, they put H visa and F visa and J visas on top of Fiancé visa or spouse visas. My excuses for expedited processing are two, I can’t transfer money to my fiancé due to the war and my fiancé lives in belgorod which is just 30 miles from Kharkiv and she hears explosions every night, but still no use now that our case is stuck in embassy phase forever, it’s so hard for Russian to get Schengen visas for the interview and I heard many got rejected, moving to Poland is before the war, and it’s close and convenient for Russia people to go there, now Poland is the country that hates and be unfriendly most to Russia people and the department of state should assign another country like Kazakhstan for Russia interviews, but no people care

Timeline
On 6/27/2022 at 10:48 PM, Irina and Chris said:

I'm in the same boat in this ridiculously horrible process. 

We relocated to Mexico for the past 1.5 years while we wait.  It was my impression that Mexico was welcoming Russians and eased immigration.  Haven't heard that this has changed? There are Russian communities in Playa Del Carmen, Queretaro and Mexico City, maybe more.  We also obtained Mexican residency and are hopeful that she can go to Mexico City for the interview.

That said, I notice that no K1 NOA2s have been reported since April.  I have to wonder if there is some sort of hold on Russian fiancee visas.  

Got approved today with a Russian fiancé. 

I am getting discouraged at the process I'm seeing here.  My fiance lives in Russia and we hadn't started the K1 process yet when things went south.  She is finding it hard to be optimistic seeing as we have not even begun and she can no longer access information.  Seems like it can take literally years at this point.  

Timeline
1 hour ago, TylerInPuyallup said:

I am getting discouraged at the process I'm seeing here.  My fiance lives in Russia and we hadn't started the K1 process yet when things went south.  She is finding it hard to be optimistic seeing as we have not even begun and she can no longer access information.  Seems like it can take literally years at this point.  

At least two years I think. I will travel to Moscow on July 20, my return flights got canceled and need buy again, also I need do PCR test, I hope I won’t be questioned too much in Russia customs, I will be in Russia for 3 weeks and hopefully everything goes well. Dating a Russia girl is so hard theses days, if a Ukrainian, May come to America anytime, my fiancé lives in belgorod and was bombed by 3 Ukraine missiles and 4 people got killed and 11 residents buildings were destroyed, I prefer to let them move to mexico but her mom is very sick, also the rubles goes up nonsense and my financial support to her become light, everything is so hard. Our case was ready in Warsaw embassy for two months and we didn’t get a invitation or instructions email yet, and they didn’t give a timeline, seems all Russian visas are stopped there and we haven’t heard any updates 

Edited by Mike20090622

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.