Milenka

Evidence of Engagement

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

On the DS-156k it lists that "Evidence of Engagement" is needed. What kind of evidence did everyone attach, if any? We don't have an engagement ring, because first of all this isn't a Russian tradition, and secondly for either of us this isn't a tradition. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

-Milena

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

Timeline
On the DS-156k it lists that "Evidence of Engagement" is needed. What kind of evidence did everyone attach, if any? We don't have an engagement ring, because first of all this isn't a Russian tradition, and secondly for either of us this isn't a tradition. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

-Milena

Milena,

One of the things I think may help you is your documentation of relationship, such as, emails, letters, cards, and phone bills. I printed out some of our emails. In those emails that I printed out I deleted some of the more "personal" sentences that I felt they did not need to read. Any evidence you can show about your love for each other will help and the relationship you have.

Basil

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Renewed letters of intent to marry withing 90 days of entering on the K-1.

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance...r_of_Intent.doc Addressed to the Embassy or Consulate.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Renewed letters of intent to marry withing 90 days of entering on the K-1.

:thumbs:

We had no "proof" of an engagement other than the letters cut-and-pasted straight from the VJ guides section.

Worked for us!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

If you have letters before and after the engagement(when he asked to marry you), correspondence with wedding plans etc are a big help. Much of what we had was that kind of written correspondence and truth be told we wrote those as we were going because we talked through much of the plans on the phone. If there is correspondence from your family or his stating that they are looking forward to the wedding and he or you have never been happier. That kind of stuff.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Yes, we submitted besides the receipt from the ring a receipt for the diner he took me out for that night. Plus pictures and copies of phonebills, specific ones, in which you could see to which country the call was made of received from.

:yes:

o5cni131ii.png

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2009-05-04

NOA Date : 2009-05-21

Online USCIS website: 06-03-2009 ( so am I a May or June filer now.)

Bio. Appt. : 2009-07-24 (walk-in on 07/14/09 and accepted)

*Touch*: 07-15-2009

Card ordered: 2009-08-26

Letter received approved: dated 08-22-2009 :o

*touch* : 2009-08-31

Green card recvd: 2009-09-01

April 2010: Eligible to file for US citizenship

My handmade Jewelry

Timeline

Thanks, everyone :)

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.