Alex1987@@@

I have been selected 2023

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I was selected for the dvlottery 2023, I am 35 years old, about 2 years ago I received a refusal of an f1 visa and consequently a refusal for an ESTA. So being selected for the lottery is a great opportunity to return to the USA, a country that I love very much, in fact in the past as soon as I had the opportunity I visited it often,(6 times) staying there as long as possible but without ever exceeding the legal times!I never thought I would be selected, in fact I checked the results only in early June, I hope this is not a problem, and two days later I completed the ds260I have some doubts that are not making me sleep peacefully. And I hope someone can help me and, just in case, I thank you very much.the number of my case is less than 8000, I hope it is a positive thing.

1) Can my problems with F1 and ESTA create problems for me now?

2) I forgot to put on the ds260  a 2-week trip to the USA.

3) I have included in the work experiences  the jobs that not qualify  me for the Lottery but to do them in my country you need at least 2 years of experience, and then on the ds260 I answered YES.

will a go to the interview? Or there is a risk that i will be denied right now?

I think there are steps to verify your experience is in the area needed on the online Department of Labor database. Check that. 

All other questions (1-2) are nothing to worry about. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

1 hour ago, milimelo said:

I think there are steps to verify your experience is in the area needed on the online Department of Labor database. Check that. 

All other questions (1-2) are nothing to worry about. 

Hi, thank you for your answer, on the form i put my actualy job and my 2 last jobs. In my Country these jobs need at least 2 years of experience and i answerd to the question "does this job needs at least 2 years of experience of training)" YES. Then, after i sent the form i checked the area of the Department of Labor, and my jobs don't require 2 years of experience, but only 6 months. So this is a big mistake for the form? 

i'm ok with the lottery because i got 2 diploma at a vocational school, i studied more than 13 years in my life. but i am afraid to made mistakes on the form and even don't be selected for the interview

1. Assuming prior refusals are not for things like serious criminal records, it should not impact your DV selection 

2. You can update that at the interview, or you can an ask KCC to unlock the DS260 and update it now

3. Correct, it asks for all work history, not just that which is qualifying for DV 

Are you qualifying based on completing high school, or do you need to qualify on work experience?

You cannot be disqualified “right now”. Only a consular official at an interview can make the decision to approve or deny you a visa. This also means that an interview does not automatically mean you’ll get a visa. You need to be sure you meet all the requirements. (If you submit a DS260, and your number gets current, you will be invited to interview when your embassy has capacity. )

Edited by SusieQQQ

20 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

1. Assuming prior refusals are not for things like serious criminal records, it should not impact your DV selection 

2. You can update that at the interview, or you can an ask KCC to unlock the DS260 and update it now

3. Correct, it asks for all work history, not just that which is qualifying for DV 

Are you qualifying based on completing high school, or do you need to qualify on work experience?

You cannot be disqualified “right now”. Only a consular official at an interview can make the decision to approve or deny you a visa. This also means that an interview does not automatically mean you’ll get a visa. You need to be sure you meet all the requirements. (If you submit a DS260, and your number gets current, you will be invited to interview when your embassy has capacity. )

Hi Susie, thank you for the answer. I studied more than 13 years, i got the diploma and with that school i can go to the University if i want. But the name of my school in Italy is called "istituto professionale alberghiero", it's the school for chefs, to work on the hotel ect ect, in Italy is like go to a regular high school and after the 5 years there you can go to the University. On the ds260 i put diploma to a vocational school, because is a professional school. I mean, i completed the high school so i'm ok for the lottery, but i put "vocational school" and not "high school" because in my Country is called "professional school". With all these mistakes or inaccuracies should i risk to even don't go to the interview?

22 minutes ago, Alex1987@@@ said:

Hi Susie, thank you for the answer. I studied more than 13 years, i got the diploma and with that school i can go to the University if i want. But the name of my school in Italy is called "istituto professionale alberghiero", it's the school for chefs, to work on the hotel ect ect, in Italy is like go to a regular high school and after the 5 years there you can go to the University. On the ds260 i put diploma to a vocational school, because is a professional school. I mean, i completed the high school so i'm ok for the lottery, but i put "vocational school" and not "high school" because in my Country is called "professional school". With all these mistakes or inaccuracies should i risk to even don't go to the interview?

A mistake/inaccuracy about the exact form of education as written on the entry form is not going to be a problem. (Remember you don’t even have to have met the education requirement to enter, only by the time you want a visa.)  For the DS260, you can request KCC to unlock the form and correct the education entries.

The only thing that matters is that the actual education received is of the correct form. If you are sure that despite its name, the high school you attended meets the DV requirement of it being equivalent to a US high school diploma and allows you general university entrance, then it will be ok (I do not know the Italian system so cannot comment on that). And if you interview in Italy, they will surely understand the high school system there. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

37 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

A mistake/inaccuracy about the exact form of education as written on the entry form is not going to be a problem. (Remember you don’t even have to have met the education requirement to enter, only by the time you want a visa.)  For the DS260, you can request KCC to unlock the form and correct the education entries.

The only thing that matters is that the actual education received is of the correct form. If you are sure that despite its name, the high school you attended meets the DV requirement of it being equivalent to a US high school diploma and allows you general university entrance, then it will be ok (I do not know the Italian system so cannot comment on that). And if you interview in Italy, they will surely understand the high school system there. 

Dear Susie, i got the high school diploma in Italy, so i am sure 100% to meets the dv requirement, i'm only afraid that the person who gonna read the ds-260 will notice the inaccuracy of the "work part" the "vocational school" part and could think i'm not qualify for the dv lottery without send me to the interview. If i will go to the interview i could explain everything.

My problem is that i really love USA, i love americans, i love New York. But after the refused of my F1 i felt like i won't be able to come back there, and this is a great opportunity to me, i don't wanna make mistakes and miss this lucky opportunity i have had.

Thank you for your time

50 minutes ago, Alex1987@@@ said:

Dear Susie, i got the high school diploma in Italy, so i am sure 100% to meets the dv requirement, i'm only afraid that the person who gonna read the ds-260 will notice the inaccuracy of the "work part" the "vocational school" part and could think i'm not qualify for the dv lottery without send me to the interview. If i will go to the interview i could explain everything.

My problem is that i really love USA, i love americans, i love New York. But after the refused of my F1 i felt like i won't be able to come back there, and this is a great opportunity to me, i don't wanna make mistakes and miss this lucky opportunity i have had.

Thank you for your time

I’ve already told you that there is no such thing as “someone” reading the DS260 and deciding not to give you an interview.

22 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

I’ve also explained to you that you can unlock and correct the DS260 if it’s still worrying you.

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

For the DS260, you can request KCC to unlock the form and correct the education entries

i understand you’re worried but it’s somewhere between annoying and disrespectful when I spend my time trying to help people and they ignore what I say. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.