Mor

medical records from Colombia that doesn't archive

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello. So I know that a medical records is needed for the person going to the interview and needed to enter the U.S.  What happens when the country keeps no records? My husband lives in Colombia. He is 43 years old. Colombia has an archive law that states after 20 years, medical history records (includind vaccines) are discarded.  So how does he go about to obtain something that doesn't quite exist?

What medical records are you talking about?

Before the interview your spouse will be asked to go to a doctor recommended by the US Embassy. And this records would be delivered to him/her directly or sent to the Embassy.

The only previous information that he/she need to show is the vaccination records.

Good luck 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, PaulaCJohnny said:

What medical records are you talking about?

Before the interview your spouse will be asked to go to a doctor recommended by the US Embassy. And this records would be delivered to him/her directly or sent to the Embassy.

The only previous information that he/she need to show is the vaccination records.

Good luck 

Exactly, his vaccinations that he has had has been discarded because its been  more than 20 years. The vaccines  they need (most of them) we got them when we were kids or teens.

Timeline
Just now, Mor said:

Exactly, his vaccinations that he has had has been discarded because its been  more than 20 years. The vaccines  they need (most of them) we got them when we were kids or teens.

Also, if he is missing any vaccine, I have been already told that the medical doctors charge way more to get them with them. There has been complaint about that. Basically, whatever vaccine records he already has had there is no proof, meaning he might have to take them ALL again.

1 minute ago, Mor said:

If he needs to take some of them, rather do it in his home town and pay cheaper. However, its a lot of vaccines

2 hours ago, Mor said:

Also, if he is missing any vaccine, I have been already told that the medical doctors charge way more to get them with them. There has been complaint about that. Basically, whatever vaccine records he already has had there is no proof, meaning he might have to take them ALL again.

If he needs to take some of them, rather do it in his home town and pay cheaper. However, its a lot of vaccines

I think you are a little bit confused. He will not be required to take all the vaccines that a person need to take since the birth. Some vaccines need to be take in certain ages and different reasons.

He will probably receive a recommendation from the physician about the necessary ones.

You can try to email the doctor before the appointment and ask this. I did it and took all my needed vaccines in a lab that I choose. 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, PaulaCJohnny said:

I think you are a little bit confused. He will not be required to take all the vaccines that a person need to take since the birth. Some vaccines need to be take in certain ages and different reasons.

He will probably receive a recommendation from the physician about the necessary ones.

You can try to email the doctor before the appointment and ask this. I did it and took all my needed vaccines in a lab that I choose. 

Maybe I didn't communicate well, but I am not confused. I know its the vaccine that's needed. But that is still part of your medical record.  However, he is already up to date with his vaccine. The issue is that in Colombia they destroy medical records after 20 years.  Therefore  having no proof that he has had them, and not really a fan of just taking vaccines (especially the same one more than once). I did call, and they didn't want to provide the cost of the vaccine or cost of the appt.  over the phone. Just curious how other people in Colombia have dealt with finding their records.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.