Helena55

Work address confusion in I-129f and DS-160 (self-employed)

2 posts in this topic

Hi! Here I am with another question about DS-160.

My circumstances: I starred working as a freelance translator in 2020 and this is my current occupation as well. In the year 2020-2021 I worked online as a freelance translator while traveling the Philippines.

2021-2022 I came back to my home country (Russia) and switched several addresses since then.

When I was filling out my I-129f I looked up what to put as my work address if I’m self-employed, and it said “your home address if you work from home”. So stupidly enough I put the dates of my employment as 2020-current and put my address in Russia at the time of filing…

The problem is that right above it in a different question it states that my home address for the year 2020-2021 was in the Philippines (you can ser the picture attached). I just realized that.

The petition was approved. Now I’m filling out my DS-160 and it asks me about my work history again.

Should I just put “2020-now *My current home addresses* (different from what I put in I-129f since I moved out)” there?

Or should I do it very detailed, with dates for every address I used? For example:

01.01.2020-01.06.2020 *address #1 Philippines* — self employed 
01.06.2020-01.01.2021 *address #2 Philippines* — self employed 

01.01.2021-01.06.2021 — *address #1 Russia (the one listen in the petition)* — self employed 

01.06.2021-now *address #2 Russia (my current address)* — self-employed?

Thank you in advance!

68-FAD979-C9-A9-4-EBD-816-C-8-D1-B9-B962

Edited by Helena55
Typo

47 minutes ago, Helena55 said:

Or should I do it very detailed, with dates for every address I used? For example:

01.01.2020-01.06.2020 *address #1 Philippines* — self employed 
01.06.2020-01.01.2021 *address #2 Philippines* — self employed 

01.01.2021-01.06.2021 — *address #1 Russia (the one listen in the petition)* — self employed 

01.06.2021-now *address #2 Russia (my current address)* — self-employed?

You realized they were asking you for your physical  ( home ) address and have correctly understood the question. 

Do exactly as you wrote in your post above for the DS-160 and don’t worry about the error on the I-129F . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.