3 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I was recently doing some research about the process for naturalization ( I can apply in June) and came across some change of address threads. I couldn't find an answers that I need, so asking the questions here

1. My address on file where I received my Green Card is in Knoxville, Tennessee ( my in-laws)

2. I moved to Nashville, Tennessee in March 2020, for a job, but didnt know/realize I had to change my address

3. Now, at the end of May,22 I am going to move to New Jersey as I got a new job

4.I don't have any documents/process pending at USCIS at this moment

Q1 - Do I need to update the address to reflect the Nashville address or can I update the address straight to the New Jersey address?

Q2 - If the latter, does that pose any issues when I eventually apply for naturalization?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

EMMO

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-d-chapter-6#:~:text=Noncitizen%20nationals%20will%20satisfy%20the,to%20be%20eligible%

In general, an applicant for naturalization must file his or her application for naturalization with the state or service district that has jurisdiction over his or her place of residence. The applicant must have resided in that location for at least three months prior to filing. 

u could have filed while in Knoxville if u had changed your address with USCIS and then had it forwarded to the new district

but now  u must live in NJ 3 months before u file 

get a NJ DL and send the AR-11 for address change to USCIS

Hey @JeanneAdil

Thanks for the reply, appreciated.

I will update my address to my NJ address.

Just checking - not having changed address to Nashville (where i lived for 2 1/2 years) wont be an issue right?

So 

1. Knoxville address = address on record

2. Nashville = lived there for 2 1/2 years (didn't change address to this)

3. NJ = Moving here now - so will change the address to NJ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.