busyybeee

Do I need to upload 2021 tax docs and updated documents in NVC for the interview?

4 posts in this topic

1.My spouse has an interview 3 weeks from now. I submitted 2018, 2019, and 2020 tax returns and all the docs in the NVC website in Jan 2022 and all the docs were approved hence it was sent to the Embassy. However, will I need to upload recent 2021 tax return/return transcripts/W2 to NVC again?  I emailed my 2021 tax docs to my spouse, so can he just print and take those to the interview in case they ask for it?

2.I also sent an updated I-864 signed (will electronic signature work or does it have to be signed in ink)?

3.Lastly, how long is the employer letter valid until? Mine was signed in Jan 2022 by my employer. Will I need updated letter as well?

Since, the petition was approved based on old records, I was wondering if I need to submit new finances/tax records/job letter? Or they wont bother with the new ones?

Thank you!!!🙂

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Advice on this varies.  Some say it does no harm, some say it does.  This risk is yours to take but the downside of potentially causing a scheduled interview to be delayed seems to outweigh any upsides to uploading new evidence.  

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/19/2023 at 1:51 AM, Mrna23 said:

May I can how the interview went? Did you upload new tax return prior to interview or not? Did they ask new tax return? Thank you 

Also wondering. What did you do?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.