320 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, philharmonic said:

Has anyone gotten approved from the Vermont service center? It has the longest (16 month) wait period for spousal I-130.

I'm not sure, but you may be into the time range where they will accept inquiry.  Another thing, it is possible that your case changed service centers without you being notified.  Based on my observation, it's fairly common.  My case started out at Texas Service Center.  I made an inquiry through 'Emma' 12 months after the PD and found it was transferred to Potomac Service Center immediately after arriving at Texas Service Center.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, aaroncv3 said:

I'm not sure, but you may be into the time range where they will accept inquiry.  Another thing, it is possible that your case changed service centers without you being notified.  Based on my observation, it's fairly common.  My case started out at Texas Service Center.  I made an inquiry through 'Emma' 12 months after the PD and found it was transferred to Potomac Service Center immediately after arriving at Texas Service Center.

Yeah, mine was transferred out of Nebraska to Vermont. Thanks. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

For those of you who have already uploaded your documents to NVC, what words of wisdom can you give those of us who are stressing out about it?  Do they tell you exactly which documents are needed?  Do you have to upload both sides (even blank pages)?  Do you need to upload passport photos?  Evidence such as photos, airline tickets, etc.?  I haven’t been able to find a concise list of documents that I will need to have ready.  It would be helpful if you shared your experience.

Got approval notice overnight - took 373 days, so pretty much exactly in line with many others at Potomac!

NOA1: Feb 20 2022

Active Review: Jun 22 2022

Approval: Feb 28 2023 (didn’t get a second Active Review notice before approval, as some people seemed to) 

SC: Potomac (receipt said Nebraska but I think that’s just a placeholder when you file online, a few days after filing asked Emma and they said the case was at Potomac)

Glad to be past the (hopefully) longest part. Am lucky to be dealing in the visa segment of the journey with the London embassy, which seems to be very reasonable by comparison to others. Will keep the timeline updated as we go through the rest of the process. Good luck to everyone who’s still waiting to hear, it won’t be long!

Timeline
7 hours ago, gointransatlantic said:

Got approval notice overnight - took 373 days, so pretty much exactly in line with many others at Potomac!

NOA1: Feb 20 2022

Active Review: Jun 22 2022

Approval: Feb 28 2023 (didn’t get a second Active Review notice before approval, as some people seemed to) 

SC: Potomac (receipt said Nebraska but I think that’s just a placeholder when you file online, a few days after filing asked Emma and they said the case was at Potomac)

Glad to be past the (hopefully) longest part. Am lucky to be dealing in the visa segment of the journey with the London embassy, which seems to be very reasonable by comparison to others. Will keep the timeline updated as we go through the rest of the process. Good luck to everyone who’s still waiting to hear, it won’t be long!

Congratulations!!  

Well! I have news too, but it's not a good one. After 367 days, I got an RFE. They asked for a document that cannot be issued. I asked a friend who got a similar RFE, and she sent a letter in response explaining why this document cannot be issued. I'm just super frustrated that they sent an RFE this late. Like they could have sent it earlier when they did the initial review. Now, I'll send a response to this RFE and God knows how long they'll take to review it again. God have mercy on me! I did not anticipate this RFE because I have submitted everything they asked for on the checklist. 

So you can get an RFE super late in the process too. 

1 minute ago, Mnaz said:

Well! I have news too, but it's not a good one. After 367 days, I got an RFE. They asked for a document that cannot be issued. I asked a friend who got a similar RFE, and she sent a letter in response explaining why this document cannot be issued. I'm just super frustrated that they sent an RFE this late. Like they could have sent it earlier when they did the initial review. Now, I'll send a response to this RFE and God knows how long they'll take to review it again. God have mercy on me! I did not anticipate this RFE because I have submitted everything they asked for on the checklist. 

My observation is that the AR1 "actively reviewing" might be better stated as, "actively queuing".  Good luck.  I understand being discouraged, but we're all rooting for you!  Git 'er done! 👏📣

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mnaz said:

I'm so sorry this is happening.....to wait that long only to get an RFE is beyond frustrating.  Since you've waited this long, it may not take them long to do another review before approval.  I would send that letter ASAP and hope for the best.  Good luck!

Timeline
1 minute ago, NorthnerSouth98 said:

Hi All, 

Sharing an update, we have completed our application and it is now with the NVC for DQ.

Will continue to update, NVC looking like 17 days on average via last month’s group. 

How did the NVC process go?  Any tips or tricks you can share?

Just now, Ramirez65 said:

How did the NVC process go?  Any tips or tricks you can share?

It was fairly quick, we’re using an attorney so that helped quite a bit. 

We had almost all of the documentation needed as we gathered it all BEFORE we received I130 approval to save time. The police report delayed us, as well as gathering some tax documents form a joint sponsor. 

I posted before but the DS260 is a pain as you are constantly kicked out of the application, be sure to save a lot. 

It took us about 2 weeks from approval to submission. 

Case approved!!! So happy and relieved! I submitted my RFE response last night. Even though it was March 1, the status immediately changed to: on March 2, we received your response and have started working on your case again.

I have received 5 emails from USCIS this morning that they have taken an action on my case. I checked an hour ago, the status was same as last night and no new document. So I was frustrated with all these emails from them. Like why are you bothering me?

Then I decided to check again now, as I thought if they keep sending me emails there must be something. The status changed to active review again. And there was the approval notice in the documents!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mnaz said:

Case approved!!! So happy and relieved! I submitted my RFE response last night. Even though it was March 1, the status immediately changed to: on March 2, we received your response and have started working on your case again.

I have received 5 emails from USCIS this morning that they have taken an action on my case. I checked an hour ago, the status was same as last night and no new document. So I was frustrated with all these emails from them. Like why are you bothering me?

Then I decided to check again now, as I thought if they keep sending me emails there must be something. The status changed to active review again. And there was the approval notice in the documents!

Excellent news....so happy for you!!

Timeline

Sooooo I just received my NVC welcome email and I know it says "your case can take up to 3 days to be activated" but of course I tried logging in anyway.  When I do that, I get an application error - did anyone else have this issue?  Do I just need to wait until my case is activated?  Is this just another "hurry up and wait" tactic in this endless sea of immigration steps?  I feel like a hamster on a wheel 😝

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.