320 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, aaroncv3 said:

Thanks!  The journey isn't over, of course, this is just a major milestone.  I think you can fairly expect an update soon, too, actually, just in the last week i saw my VJ estimate go down, and today was ahead of the estimate it gave just hours before the AR2.

You've given me so much hope!  My VJ estimate went down as well.  My PD is 9 days after yours so I'm hoping an approval is right around the corner!  Did you get notified by email or one of the apps that notifies you?

Just now, Ramirez65 said:

You've given me so much hope!  My VJ estimate went down as well.  My PD is 9 days after yours so I'm hoping an approval is right around the corner!  Did you get notified by email or one of the apps that notifies you?

Way more pathetic (or maybe graceful is a better word) than that.  Are you ready?  Silly question; you spent more than a day looking into being a mole at USCIS.  OF COURSE you're ready.

I was doing what i imagine you and most other people do here to stave off the insanity... Going through the various topics, sprinkle hope, refresh my USCIS status page, repeat.

Well, in between one post and the next, the AR date changed.  And so I went to the Documents tab, and there it was: the I-130 Approval.

I discovered it before any app sent me any notification.

The USCIS "Case status" tab still shows AR2, but the NOA2 is clearly in the Documents tab.

So if your posting around here is any indication, i imagine your experience will be just as pathetic and/or graceful.  🤣🤣🤣  Good luck!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, aaroncv3 said:

Way more pathetic (or maybe graceful is a better word) than that.  Are you ready?  Silly question; you spent more than a day looking into being a mole at USCIS.  OF COURSE you're ready.

I was doing what i imagine you and most other people do here to stave off the insanity... Going through the various topics, sprinkle hope, refresh my USCIS status page, repeat.

Well, in between one post and the next, the AR date changed.  And so I went to the Documents tab, and there it was: the I-130 Approval.

I discovered it before any app sent me any notification.

The USCIS "Case status" tab still shows AR2, but the NOA2 is clearly in the Documents tab.

So if your posting around here is any indication, i imagine your experience will be just as pathetic and/or graceful.  🤣🤣🤣  Good luck!

You see how it pays off to be neurotic?  I knew I wasn't doing all that work for nothing....you've just solidified it for me.  You've also saved me from having to go work for USCIS - my family thanks you for that as well.  😂😂😂

Just now, Ramirez65 said:

You see how it pays off to be neurotic?  I knew I wasn't doing all that work for nothing....you've just solidified it for me.  You've also saved me from having to go work for USCIS - my family thanks you for that as well.  😂😂😂

Hey, one man's neurosis is another man's sensibility.  Hope is a scarce asset these days, but is the sensible niche of the neurotic.  So rebrand and profit, I say!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats!!!  

Just checked my status... Petition approved!!

I had to look under documents tab because my status still says "actively reviewing" but the date changed to today's so that was weird... So I looked under documents and there it was.. the approval notice.

Now the fun starts eh??

Timeline

Congratulations!!  You guys are making me feel left out….we all want to join the party!!  Good for you I’m sure you’re so relieved.  Don’t worry about NVC….nothing can be as bad as USCIS.  I think the worst is over.

23 minutes ago, Mern V said:

Congrats!!!  

Just checked my status... Petition approved!!

I had to look under documents tab because my status still says "actively reviewing" but the date changed to today's so that was weird... So I looked under documents and there it was.. the approval notice.

Now the fun starts eh??

Congrats! 

Curious on updates with your case as we are both Canada based will be going through Montreal. 

I will keep providing updates here as we work through NVC/Consulate stuff. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ramirez65 said:

Congratulations!!  You guys are making me feel left out….we all want to join the party!!  Good for you I’m sure you’re so relieved.  Don’t worry about NVC….nothing can be as bad as USCIS.  I think the worst is over.

You are next!!  Promise! Hang tight!

Timeline
Just now, NorthnerSouth98 said:

Congrats! 

Curious on updates with your case as we are both Canada based will be going through Montreal. 

I will keep providing updates here as we work through NVC/Consulate stuff. 

PERFECT thank you yes let's keep each other in the loop! 

1 minute ago, Mern V said:

PERFECT thank you yes let's keep each other in the loop! 

Of course, we were approved yesterday so we are quite similar time lines. 

Does anybody know what we are looking at with the NVC from case creation to interview letter? On VJ it says NVC is processing cases from June 2022 but the NVC website says they processing cases from January. 

Any insight would be great with data points or metrics you are using! 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, NorthnerSouth98 said:

Of course, we were approved yesterday so we are quite similar time lines. 

Does anybody know what we are looking at with the NVC from case creation to interview letter? On VJ it says NVC is processing cases from June 2022 but the NVC website says they processing cases from January. 

Any insight would be great with data points or metrics you are using! 

From January 2022 or 2023?? I cannot imagine waiting another year for this to happen. Our lawyer estimated maybe another 3 - 5 months.

2 minutes ago, Mern V said:

From January 2022 or 2023?? I cannot imagine waiting another year for this to happen. Our lawyer estimated maybe another 3 - 5 months.

Jan 2023. I’m curious to see how long it takes. We already have our documents ready to submit for NVC once our case is created. 

The only piece I am waiting on is the RCMP police check which I sent off for today, was told 5-10 BD’s on that one. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, NorthnerSouth98 said:

Jan 2023. I’m curious to see how long it takes. We already have our documents ready to submit for NVC once our case is created. 

The only piece I am waiting on is the RCMP police check which I sent off for today, was told 5-10 BD’s on that one. 

You're good! We have been gathering all documents for the I-864 and I waiting on a couple forms to complete 2022 taxes. 

RCMP check? I didn't realize that was a requirement! Where do I find out more?

1 minute ago, Mern V said:

You're good! We have been gathering all documents for the I-864 and I waiting on a couple forms to complete 2022 taxes. 

RCMP check? I didn't realize that was a requirement! Where do I find out more?

Attached an example of what you need an explanation! You can book an appointment with your local police if they do finger printing for RCMP or you can use an approved 3rd party company. You can find a list of those on the RCMP website. 

RCMP Example.pdf RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check Instructions.pdf

Timeline
3 minutes ago, NorthnerSouth98 said:

Attached an example of what you need an explanation! You can book an appointment with your local police if they do finger printing for RCMP or you can use an approved 3rd party company. You can find a list of those on the RCMP website. 

RCMP Example.pdf 36.97 kB · 0 downloads RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check Instructions.pdf 53.02 kB · 1 download

Awesome thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.