Don0

Original documents and extra docs

5 posts in this topic

Hi VJ Community! I'm in the organizing part of my printed papers and I was wondering if I need to send anything original to USCIS? Like our marriage certificate? Son's birth certificate? Or would a copy of everything be okay? 

Also, is it okay to have the 3 hole binder at the left side or would a 2 hole puncher on the top be best? 

I was also wondering about something I read in another thread. It said that CR1 would probably not have their interviews waived. If that's the case, then should I make double copies so I can bring it to the interview or not? Or maybe for personal use?

Sorry I have a lot of questions. I hope someone can help! Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
  • In preparing your packet, remember:
    • Do not use binders or folders that we cannot easily disassemble.
    • Use fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.
    • Sticky tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. For easy filing, place the tabs on the bottom of the page, not the side.
    • Do not use heavy-duty staples; instead use fasteners or heavy clips.
    • Do not submit originals unless specifically required. 
    • Do not submit oversized documentation unless it is necessary.
    • Send single-sided copies of your supporting documentation.

3 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:
  • In preparing your packet, remember:
    • Do not use binders or folders that we cannot easily disassemble.
    • Use fasteners to hold together thick or bulky applications or petitions. Two-hole punching the top of the material for easy placement in the file is appreciated.
    • Sticky tabs assist in locating items listed as attachments. For easy filing, place the tabs on the bottom of the page, not the side.
    • Do not use heavy-duty staples; instead use fasteners or heavy clips.
    • Do not submit originals unless specifically required. 
    • Do not submit oversized documentation unless it is necessary.
    • Send single-sided copies of your supporting documentation.

Wow! This is really helpful! Thank you so much! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.