jeanne_p

CEAC "(400) Bad request" error when uploading additional docs after the interview

4 posts in this topic

Hi all

I had my IR5 interview at London on Monday the 9th. 

Officer asked that I appload several further documents.

I uploaded one of them the same night without any issues (was new translation of my birth certificate....

I had a self-translation on NVC, which it did accept. But in the interim I aquired an official translation and brought it with me to the interview, so they said I need to upload it to NVC).

So it was uploaded and submitted as a further document in "civil documents".

Then, by yesterday I amassed the rest of the required documents (if anyone curious, a different i864 and a set of it all from a new joint sponsor, previous joint sponsor was accepted by NVC but thrown out by CO!).

But now I can't upload them.

Firstly by the way, there is no way to add a new sponsor now that the file is "at London".

But the Embassy says to upload the docs into existing primary sponsor (which conicidentally I did with the original joint sponsor in the first place, and NVC bumped it off and made me wait extra 3 months)..

But OK, I am uploading them,, again, into the original sponsor.

But I can't upload them at all.

I get "(400) Bad request" no matter what type of file I choose.

For the sake of an experiment, I tried adding something else to civil documents (to which I added a document successfully Monday night) but I also get 400 "Bad request".

So I assume that this has to do with some kind of ajor CEAC server failure.

How common is that? any one else experiencing it? 

Do I just sit and wait for it to fix itself?

Thanks

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I've encountered the same problem. Tried different browsers and even I tried to do it on my phone, with no luck. I also think it has something to do with the current maintenance. I guess we will have to wait until Monday.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.