Terry1979

N400 interview rfe but status inline for oath ceremony

2 posts in this topic

I had my n400 interview on 05/03/2022 5 year basis. The officer said i passed the test but he need more documents and i have to wait for mail .  That proves i worked and reside in the US "Paper said . Decsion cannot be made  at this time".

He want me to provide all the income for past 5 years 1099 papers and all other income iam self employed . And he said it have to match my tax returns. Even though he had all the tax information and transcripts. I would expect cos i had to stay 8 month outside the usa due to covid it was impossible to travel. I explained all this to him and provided my intent to come back before the 6 month mark even the airline ticket i bought for that.

My question is few hours after getting home i was checking my case status online and it say status recommended for approval and another inline for oath cermony.  Made me real happy even though it doesnt make sense after requesting more evidence. 

I wonder if any one had similar situation. And if i still should be worried that i will receive an rfe still or status change to rfe or iam good and should be just waiting for my ceremony  date. It doesnot make much sense but why he said i need more evidence then status changed to inline for oath cermony . Iam happy it did but still worried though.

Thanks in advance

Filed: Other Timeline

Probably because you were out of the states longer than 6 months? Either way I think you are already approved so you don't need to worry about it.

04/27/2016 sent AOS PACKAGE

05/02/2016 PRIORITY DATE (day 1)

05/17/2016 FIRST NOA'S RECEIVED. HARD COPIES.

05/20/2016 BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT FOR 06/01/2016

06/01/2016 Biometrics taken.

08/02/2016 I-765 Work Permit approved. (day 90)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.