J&D1008

MAY 2022 I-129F K1 FILERS

342 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

So out of the 34 posted responses posted there are 22RFE's.  For the I129F, is this a normal percentage of responses that get RFE'ed or it seems to me that USCIS is rubberstamping them to clear the Que. because it's my understanding that the RFE is a request for clarification or need more information. So is this info after the NOA2 an issued from the NVC or before it goes to the NVC issued from the California processing center?

Edited by Roy an Panitta

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Roy an Panitta said:

So out of the 34 posted responses posted there are 22RFE's.  For the I129F, is this a normal percentage of responses that get RFE'ed or it seems to me that USCIS is rubberstamping them to clear the Que. because it's my understanding that the RFE is a request for clarification or need more information. So is this info after the NOA2 an issued from the NVC or before it goes to the NVC issued from the California processing center?

Yes and no.

Yes, because an RFE stops the clock in a way.

No, because nearly all of these are additional RFEs. As in, the second ones. The petitioner gets one final chance to provide the information before the case goes down.

Overall, for every additional RFE in the second wave, there were 2 approvals in the second wave and 1 in the first wave. I don't record approvals: it's simply a case off the workload for me.

So, as long as one has checked every box and provided every piece of evidence with the initial petition, they stand a chance at 14 - 14 1/2 month processing.

I also believe that wife visas are tougher to prove which may trigger RFEs. But that's a guess.

P.S. That explains why VJ keeps my predicted approval firmly at 14 months despite numbers that I'm running pointing at 18 months+.

Edited by Lynxyonok

Timeline

It's fascinating to see how cases genuinely depend on the officer reviewing them.

I see batches of hundreds where it's an approval after approval, not a single RFE followed by batches of hundreds where RFE's constitute 70%+ of new updates.

If this trend persists, it may become a useful tool for interview planning for us when time comes, to an extent.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
6 hours ago, Lynxyonok said:

It's fascinating to see how cases genuinely depend on the officer reviewing them.

I see batches of hundreds where it's an approval after approval, not a single RFE followed by batches of hundreds where RFE's constitute 70%+ of new updates.

If this trend persists, it may become a useful tool for interview planning for us when time comes, to an extent.

Maybe new adjudicators are more cautious and tend to RFEs.
Did you  already see chunk of updates in Nov? Wonder if they go ahead with 14 months and process older petitions later. They definitely seem to process petitions from several months at the same time and maybe expand that window.

Edited by Eddie101

Timeline
14 hours ago, Eddie101 said:

Maybe new adjudicators are more cautious and tend to RFEs.
Did you  already see chunk of updates in Nov? Wonder if they go ahead with 14 months and process older petitions later. They definitely seem to process petitions from several months at the same time and maybe expand that window.

No, nothing past mid-October other than 2 strays.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Yea KXP this is gonna be our year... we'v waited our time now it's our turn..

Happy New Everybody an may God Bless you an yours for this new year.. 

This year im celabrating in Amphawa Thailand, Panitta an I brought in the new year together...

Timeline
On 1/1/2023 at 1:51 AM, Roy an Panitta said:

Yea KXP this is gonna be our year... we'v waited our time now it's our turn..

Happy New Everybody an may God Bless you an yours for this new year.. 

This year im celabrating in Amphawa Thailand, Panitta an I brought in the new year together...

That's the perfect way to do so.

Russians believe you will spend the year with those you meet it with.

Needless to say, I did the same thing you did :)

P.S. We've got to exchange New Year food recipes.

Timeline
On 12/31/2022 at 10:31 PM, kxp said:

Hoping 2023 will be our year 🤞🤞🤞 good luck all, and every happiness. 

Never give up, never surrender.

Have you watched "Galaxy Quest?"

Silly.

Prophetic.

Russians say (Kaverin, Two Captains):

Strive - and search

Find it - and don't let it go.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Lynxyonok said:

That's the perfect way to do so.

Russians believe you will spend the year with those you meet it with.  That belief resonates through out most of the world. And i for one also believe the same. 

Needless to say, I did the same thing you did :) awesome i hope yu guys had a great time 

P.S. We've got to exchange New Year food recipes.      i do enjoy exchanging recipes,,, 

Timeline

I am believing more and more firmly that cases are being given out in batches to individual officers.

For example, have mercy on whoever gets this one's next set(s)... 😳

2290000491 Initial RFE Sent 12/16/22 1/10/23
2290000487 Initial RFE Sent 1/10/23 1/10/23
2290000484 Initial RFE Sent 12/14/22 1/10/23
2290000482 Initial RFE Sent 1/10/23 1/10/23
2290000481 Name Was Updated 10/25/21 1/10/23
2290000475 Initial RFE Sent 12/16/22 1/10/23
2290000474 Case Was Received 9/29/21 1/10/23
2290000472 Initial RFE Sent 12/13/22 1/10/23
2290000471 Initial RFE Sent 12/16/22 1/10/23
2290000465 Initial RFE Sent 12/13/22 1/10/23
2290000464 Case Was Received 9/29/21 1/10/23
2290000463 Initial RFE Sent 12/8/22 1/10/23
2290000462 Initial RFE Sent 12/8/22 1/10/23
2290000461 Initial RFE Sent 12/20/22 1/10/23
2290000460 Initial RFE Sent 1/9/23 1/10/23
2290000456 Initial RFE Sent 12/19/22 1/10/23
2290000454 Initial RFE Sent 12/16/22 1/10/23
2290000453 Initial RFE Sent 1/10/23 1/10/23
2290000450 Initial RFE Sent 12/20/22 1/10/23
Edited by Lynxyonok

Timeline

So, let's see where we are.

The first wave of case updates is around November 1 - 2, 2021. Essentially, the current USCIS posted 15,5-month case-close timeframe, but there's a caveat.

Nearly half of newly-examined cases get RFEs. That's a 2+ week delay.

I expect USCIS to resign to state 16+ processing timeframe sometime this month.

In the meantime: how do we get more evidence to USCIS before they even ask about it?

That's definitely something I'm thinking about in January of this year.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

All too quiet on the Western front!

Seriously, there are almost 4K of us!

Anyways.

The current first approval wave is around 11/15/21, and yes, our expected timeframes for own approval are still falling back, it looks like October when all chips fall down.

So, when and where is everyone to meet their SO in the meantime?

Not saying she'd (or he'd) get bored and stray but... skin touch beats a million of texts anyday.

Edited by Lynxyonok

Timeline

So, here's something interesting that I have found: it is possible to go from an RFE Response back to an Additional Evidence Requested status.

In other words: use this waiting time to make your case ironclad.

2290001551 RFE Response Received 1/6/23 1/13/23

2290001551 Additional RFE Sent 1/24/23 1/31/23

Timeline

Not sure if everyone else's timelines keep getting pushed back - mine is, I'm almost up to September 2023. That's VJ estimate.

I'm tracking the first wave of approvals of this moment around WAC2290022500.

For a mid-May filer like me, that's 18,462 cases away from the goal post - assuming I make it to the first wave at all - and that, based on official USCIS processing data, is 8.5 months away - i.e., mid-October 2023. And those hit by RFEs have to layer on anywhere from 2 to 12 weeks.

Tough, I know. I've noticed an uptick in withdrawal rates.

But we will get through this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.