JBRE22022

TSC approved I140s not going to NVC

276 posts in this topic

On 5/21/2022 at 6:54 AM, JBRE22022 said:

@Sindhieagle Yes, civil documents tab is not showing for me. This happened before and there is a thread here regarding that. CEAC is also going through maintenance this Saturday, so I won't bother until Monday

Hi, the upload button wasn't available for me too. Realized I had to mail the Civil docs with the attached cover letter from NVC. How long after mailing your documents did you hear from NVC? And are you DQ yet? 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

@Surulere I received the DQ email about 5 weeks after documents arrived at NVC. The processing time on the website is about two months, and I believe this varies according to the country of chargeability.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, JBRE22022 said:

@Surulere I received the DQ email about 5 weeks after documents arrived at NVC. The processing time on the website is about two months, and I believe this varies according to the country of chargeability.  

NVC (amazedly) contacted me two weeks after my documents were sent. Unfortunately, don't know exactly why, they requested me to resend my birth certificate. Waiting again to hear from them.

Timeline

@JLVS22BR  Regarding birth certificates, to be safer its better they are recent and unabridged (certidão de inteiro teor). This is because though your birth information does not change,  you might change your name and gender and this would not show in a regular birth certificate. If you want to be bulletproof you can also have it Hague apostilled (will take longer and be much more expensive at the notary), but I am not sure if this is really needed (I had birth certificates apostilled but not the marriage one).

Timeline
30 minutes ago, JBRE22022 said:

@JLVS22BR  Regarding birth certificates, to be safer its better they are recent and unabridged (certidão de inteiro teor). This is because though your birth information does not change,  you might change your name and gender and this would not show in a regular birth certificate. If you want to be bulletproof you can also have it Hague apostilled (will take longer and be much more expensive at the notary), but I am not sure if this is really needed (I had birth certificates apostilled but not the marriage one).

@JBRE22022 that's definitely a great tip! All of our documents but my birth certificate were approved. My lawyer said that this is occurs more often than it should. In my case, she thinks that it was because my birth certificate (although newer) was different than my wife's birth certificate. She advised us to request my wife's most recent certificate, in order for us to resubmit both of them (accompaning their respective translations) with her adfidavit that the documents are in accordance with the visa documents by country (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Brazil.html). I'll keep your recommendation in mind, altough hopefully they will DQ us now.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 minute ago, JLVS22BR said:

@JBRE22022 that's definitely a great tip! All of our documents but my birth certificate were approved. My lawyer said that this is occurs more often than it should. In my case, she thinks that it was because my birth certificate (although newer) was different than my wife's birth certificate. She advised us to request my wife's most recent certificate, in order for us to resubmit both of them (accompaning their respective translations) with her adfidavit that the documents are in accordance with the visa documents by country (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Brazil.html). I'll keep your recommendation in mind, altough hopefully they will DQ us now.

Hi,

I submitted my documents on August 10th, and NVC asked me to send birth certificate for my wife on Ausgust 24th. So it seems, my case is similar to you. This means that somebody is already looking at our files or we need to wait till 2 months to get the DQ notification ?

Timeline
21 hours ago, AnotherGC said:

Hi,

I submitted my documents on August 10th, and NVC asked me to send birth certificate for my wife on Ausgust 24th. So it seems, my case is similar to you. This means that somebody is already looking at our files or we need to wait till 2 months to get the DQ notification ?

Well, I think that at the moment they asked more information they were reviewing the files. So if everything is ok with the new documents, I hope they reply in the same amount of time that the case is DQ.

Timeline
2 hours ago, JLVS22BR said:

Well, I think that at the moment they asked more information they were reviewing the files. So if everything is ok with the new documents, I hope they reply in the same amount of time that the case is DQ.

You mean same amount of time means, it will be early compared to 70 days.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, JLVS22BR said:

Yes! Sorry that I wasn't so clear, by same amount of time I was meaning two weeks.

Nice. I ma hoping by end of September we should get DQ email. 

Timeline
On 8/31/2022 at 7:50 PM, JLVS22BR said:

Hi,4

Did you send your docuemnts by mail or uploaded to the CEAC website ? In my case, I need to send the docuemnts by mail. I sent he documents to the DOS mail address (as instructed in the letter from NVC ) which is  DOS Visa, Sterling, USA. However, my original documents I sent to 

Portsmouth
03801-2914
Do i need to submit documents to the Portsmouth address too ?

Timeline
On 9/3/2022 at 6:30 AM, AnotherGC said:

Hi,4

Did you send your docuemnts by mail or uploaded to the CEAC website ? In my case, I need to send the docuemnts by mail. I sent he documents to the DOS mail address (as instructed in the letter from NVC ) which is  DOS Visa, Sterling, USA. However, my original documents I sent to 

Portsmouth
03801-2914
Do i need to submit documents to the Portsmouth address too ?

Hi @AnotherGC, when my layer first send our documents she didn't share with me the tracking code, so I'm not sure to which address she sent the package. However, I know that the second batch of documents was sent to the P.O. Box (STERLING, VA 20166).

Filed: Other Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 8/16/2022 at 11:56 PM, JBRE22022 said:

@immishok good luck with your application! From the resources I used plus what I have seen here and in other places, the order can be

- regular NVC inquiry

- email to NVCresearch@state.gov

- request to the USCIS ombudsman

- request to a member of congress

- writ of mandamus (lawsuit) 

I just resorted to the first two before NVC opened my case and some people here have contacted the USCIS ombudsman. I'd say the first two can be contacted after 30 days of delay. The regular inquiries have a long lead time to be answered, which you can check at the NVC page, so you time your request somewhat early. I'd say it is a good idea not to send simultaneous requests. The first requests or requests when the delay is less than 60 days are likely to get boilerplate answers about COVID, etc. but worth nonetheless to document the history of contacts. NVCresearch used to be relatively fast (<1week) to respond, but maybe they are getting a lot of requests and having delays as well. Finally there is the ombudsman which you can try contacting after you did the first two. Some people here got prompt support, others experience more delays. 

Hello....

I wanted to send an email to NVCresearch@state.gov; my I140 (NIW case) have been approved for >60days now, and I dont think it had been send out to NVC. Do you have an email template on how to reach out to NVCresearch ?

Timeline

@MalaYoon I sent a plain email, make sure to include all you data (Name, DOB, contact information) and the USCIS case number and approval date. Highlight that your case has been approved for more than 60 days and that you marked consular processing on your I-140 form (please double check this), however has not yet received a welcome letter and a DOS case number. You can also attached a screenshot of the USCIS approval as evidence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.