marjandchri

I-134 Beneficiary A-Number from NOA 2? And, other I-134 questions.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Filling out our I-134, and do have some questions:

1) Is the A number from the NOA 2 (above beneficiary's name) the one to use for I-134?  I've seen some who use it, and some that don't. 

2) The I-134 is sent with her for the interview.  Does it have to be originals, or can be copy?  I know this is asked a lot, and she is checking with the embassy, but thought I would ask from experience. 

3) I have filed an Affidavit of Support before, but I don't remember the exact date (2010'ish).  I want to generalize the date, but not sure if this will hinder?

4) Question 26.a. from I-134, should I put the current beneficiary, or a previous one? 

Thank you all in advance; as many of you, we have been waiting a few minutes for this to go 'Ready'.

26 minutes ago, marjandchri said:

The I-134 is sent with her for the interview.  Does it have to be originals, or can be copy?

Print, hand-sign, scan, and email to your beneficiary.  The US embassy in Manila will be fine with a print-out of the I-134 scan, if they ask for it at all.

6 hours ago, marjandchri said:

Filling out our I-134, and do have some questions:

1) Is the A number from the NOA 2 (above beneficiary's name) the one to use for I-134?  I've seen some who use it, and some that don't. 

2) The I-134 is sent with her for the interview.  Does it have to be originals, or can be copy?  I know this is asked a lot, and she is checking with the embassy, but thought I would ask from experience. 

3) I have filed an Affidavit of Support before, but I don't remember the exact date (2010'ish).  I want to generalize the date, but not sure if this will hinder?

4) Question 26.a. from I-134, should I put the current beneficiary, or a previous one? 

Thank you all in advance; as many of you, we have been waiting a few minutes for this to go 'Ready'.

1) The A-number is on the NOA2. I think that is the first place you will see that your beneficiary has been given an A-number.

2) A copy works as well as the original

3) Best to contact your previous beneficiary to get a better idea. They closer you are to the correct date the better. I think it helps the CO determine if you are financially responsible for any other person.

4) The previous beneficiary.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 2:55 AM, marjandchri said:

We were approved after interview today.  Thank you, everyone!!

Congratulations!  Did the CO ask to see the I-134?  If so, were they ok with a print-out of a scan?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chancy said:

Congratulations!  Did the CO ask to see the I-134?  If so, were they ok with a print-out of a scan?

Thank you.  It appears they were okay with the print-out of a scan.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.