A031

Changing Visa Interview Consulate Location? (k1)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello,

I need help understanding the process of changing consulate locations for my fiancé's interview. I have only heard that they received the petition and it will likely be a few more months before it is accepted or denied. I filed an i-29f for a k1 visa in July 2021.  My fiancé lives in Turkey as a student, and originally is from Morocco. 

I have been reading reviews and it seems like the Moroccan embassy denies a lot more than the Turkish one and has a lot more problems. Also, it would be more convenient since she is living in Turkey currently.

Thanks so much for the help!

5 minutes ago, A031 said:

Hello,

I need help understanding the process of changing consulate locations for my fiancé's interview. I have only heard that they received the petition and it will likely be a few more months before it is accepted or denied. I filed an i-29f for a k1 visa in July 2021.  My fiancé lives in Turkey as a student, and originally is from Morocco. 

I have been reading reviews and it seems like the Moroccan embassy denies a lot more than the Turkish one and has a lot more problems. Also, it would be more convenient since she is living in Turkey currently.

Thanks so much for the help!

If you gave their most recent address as Turkey they will most likely be scheduled for an interview in Turkey after you receive your NOA2. 

A member recently had his Zimbabwean fiance state she wanted to interview in Zimbabwe but she was still scheduled to interview in South Africa because of the most recent physical address.

You will probably not have to take any action. 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/774668-consulate-in-a-different-country/?tab=comments#comment-10579148

Edited by ROK2USA

12 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

If you gave their most recent address as Turkey they will most likely be scheduled for an interview in Turkey after you receive your NOA2. 

A member recently had his Zimbabwean fiance state she wanted to interview in Zimbabwe but she was still scheduled to interview in South Africa because of the most recent physical address.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/774668-consulate-in-a-different-country/?tab=comments#comment-10579148

*Not schedule and interview (that's IR1/CR1) but have your case sent to Turkey... 

Timeline
On 4/19/2022 at 11:52 AM, ROK2USA said:

Are you sure she will be scheduled to Turkey? She is only on a student scholarship and does not have permanent residency. We also put the Moroccan consulate on the form. I've heard that the Moroccan consulate is harder than the Turkish ones on the form, but I am unsure.

7 hours ago, A031 said:

Are you sure she will be scheduled to Turkey? She is only on a student scholarship and does not have permanent residency. We also put the Moroccan consulate on the form. I've heard that the Moroccan consulate is harder than the Turkish ones on the form, but I am unsure.

If your partner is still in Turkey when the petition is approved and she is not scheduled to interview in Turkey she can request a change of venue. 

She will just have to show she has some sort of residency. It does not have to be permanent resident status. Student or work visas are also accepted. 

Did you read the link I posted above? 

The member requested to interview in Zimbabwe and they scheduled her to interview in South Africa. 

Timeline
On 4/26/2022 at 1:03 AM, ROK2USA said:

If your partner is still in Turkey when the petition is approved and she is not scheduled to interview in Turkey she can request a change of venue. 

She will just have to show she has some sort of residency. It does not have to be permanent resident status. Student or work visas are also accepted. 

Did you read the link I posted above? 

The member requested to interview in Zimbabwe and they scheduled her to interview in South Africa. 

Is the situation that happened in Zimbabwe how it usually happens? Where the location they are nearest is where the interview will be scheduled at? I would think that since she is a Moroccan citizen with no permanent Turkish residency status (although she is living in Turkey through a scholarship college program) that there would still be a chance she would have her interview in Morocco. After all it is the location that was put on the i-29f. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.