Kev139

Accessing MyUSCIS Account while Overseas

4 posts in this topic

I recently had my Naturalization Interview and my N-400 application has been approved. I was advised on the same day that I would be required to attend a Naturalization Ceremony later this month. During the interview I advised the Officer that my wife and I would be traveling overseas in the coming weeks. He indicated that travel would not pose any problems, but I would be required to respond to the USCIS Naturalization Notice, in writing, with reason for travel and documentary evidence of such. I've completed this advice back to the USCIS. 

I suspect further correspondence from USCIS will be sent to me in the next couple of weeks - while I'm overseas. My question is: will I  be able to access the MyUSCIS account from overseas? The two-factor authentication code (to enable login) goes to my US cell phone. 

Thanks, in advance, for any advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Kev139 said:

I recently had my Naturalization Interview and my N-400 application has been approved. I was advised on the same day that I would be required to attend a Naturalization Ceremony later this month. During the interview I advised the Officer that my wife and I would be traveling overseas in the coming weeks. He indicated that travel would not pose any problems, but I would be required to respond to the USCIS Naturalization Notice, in writing, with reason for travel and documentary evidence of such. I've completed this advice back to the USCIS. 

I suspect further correspondence from USCIS will be sent to me in the next couple of weeks - while I'm overseas. My question is: will I  be able to access the MyUSCIS account from overseas? The two-factor authentication code (to enable login) goes to my US cell phone. 

Thanks, in advance, for any advice.

If you don't have access to your US cell when overseas then you wont be able to access your MyUSCIS account. I suggest using the casechecker site .. just need your IOE#.. and it will update when they schedule the interview. This site wont tell you the interview date or time, but the snail mail letter should arrive about a week later. If you can get someone to retrieve that letter they can tell you when and where your oath has been scheduled. You can then decide if you are going to return for it or reschedule . 
https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.