milena stankovic

Mada a mistake on I-129F

6 posts in this topic

Need some help! I just noticed that we missed a checkbox on our I-129F application and we are planning to send a letter with the correct information to USCIS. Our case is at the California service center. Does any know what the correct mailing address is ? All I have is this address - 24000 Avila Rd, Laguna Niguel, CA 92677, United States, but I'm not sure if it is correct. 

I'd appreciate if there's someone who can advise me on this. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, milena stankovic said:

Need some help! I just noticed that we missed a checkbox on our I-129F application and we are planning to send a letter with the correct information to USCIS. Our case is at the California service center. Does any know what the correct mailing address is ? All I have is this address - 24000 Avila Rd, Laguna Niguel, CA 92677, United States, but I'm not sure if it is correct. 

Did you get a receipt number yet? 

This is the best I could find on the subject.

Correct USCIS Form Entry Mistakes After Submission

Wait for NOA1

In order to correct USCIS form entry mistakes, wait until USCIS has received your application. As a result of receiving the application, USCIS send you a receipt notice. namely, this is called Notice of Action 1 (NOA1). As a result, a unique receipt number will be assigned to your case.

For this purpose, this number helps you contact USCIS regarding your case. As a result, USCIS is able to locate your case using this number.

Call USCIS Customer Service Center

Once you receive this notice, call USCIS. Then, tell the customer service agent that you made a mistake on your form. In addition, request if they can fix the error. If the change is a minor one, the customer service agents may be able to fix it. However, at times, they may need some time to fix the error. As a consequence, they will provide you with a reference number. Under those circumstances, quote this number when you call back to check if the error has been fixed.

Send in Information, If Needed

In addition, they may ask you to send in something explaining the mistake.

The customer service agents may not be able to help you if the error is a serious one. In this case, you will have to send a letter to the USCIS quoting your receipt number and explain the mistake. You may also have to fill, sign and send a new form with supporting documents along with this letter, as per the instructions provided by the immigration agent who spoke to you.

If your letter reaches USCIS on time, they may accept the correction and start processing your case . However,  if it is too late and if the agency has already started to work on your case, your letter may not be considered. In this case, you will be sent a Request for Evidence (RFE) . If you receive a RFE letter, send the documents the USCIS requested and corrections, if any, within the time the USCIS has provided. You will not have to pay any additional fee for this.

However, if your mistake is a serious one and your case is rejected, you will have to start the application process again. In addition, you pay the fee again.

Edited by MarJhi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, milena stankovic said:

Yes, we received our NOA1. 

Need Help? Ask Emma
Get Information

Live Assistance

Live Assistance—You may have to wait to speak to a representative by phone. Please try our online tools first. If you want to speak to someone and your issue cannot be resolved right away, your request will be sent to an Immigration Services Officer. We will send you an email to confirm your request and give an estimate when we will contact you. You will also receive a text message and/or email one to two business days before we contact you.
Our toll free number is 800-375-5283 (TTY 800-767-1833) and our hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm Eastern.
Outside the U.S? Call 212-620-3418

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, milena stankovic said:

What checkbox was missed?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.