charlottewitch

March 2022 - K1 NVC thread for Mexico

115 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

@cookies&cream thank you for the update! And the explanation on the e-mail. I'm glad at least it wasn't indicative of anything changing for the worse at the embassy.

Ah, I see... I guess now I can put down a concrete date for the NVC receiving my case, at least (seems to be March 4th then!) My estimate in September remains unchanged, at least. I hope the cases start flowing to the embassy again soon. ;__;

On 5/3/2022 at 10:45 AM, charlottewitch said:

@cookies&cream thank you for the update! And the explanation on the e-mail. I'm glad at least it wasn't indicative of anything changing for the worse at the embassy.

Ah, I see... I guess now I can put down a concrete date for the NVC receiving my case, at least (seems to be March 4th then!) My estimate in September remains unchanged, at least. I hope the cases start flowing to the embassy again soon. ;__;

Yes, and also your case number tells you when the case was created. First it's the embassy it goes to (MEX) and the year. The next three numbers are the julian date in which the case was created plus 500, and the last three numbers say the order in which it was created that day. So for example a case number MEX2021627002 would be a case that corresponds to the embassy in mexico city, created in 2021 on the 127th day of that year (julian date), and it was the second case created that day. 

And yeah!! It's ridiculous how long it's taking. I'll update you when I see new cases being sent to the embassy :)

Edited by cookies&cream

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2022 at 3:18 PM, cookies&cream said:

Yeah, it looks like after your status change to "ready" you have the interview about 3 weeks later. And I also saw a case with noa2 from november that changed to "in transit" on march 10th, so based on that I think you'll have your interview in September or something like that. Hopefully things speed up and we get it sooner, but I doubt it 🙈🙈 most people have received that email I showed you twice before they change to "in transit". 

I'll try to post here what I see happening in the Facebook groups regarding this topic. And we might even have the interview on the same date or close! 

I received an e-mail letter "The U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico approved your request to process your immigrant visa case expeditiously. We are forwarding your case file to the embassy or consulate for their action." one week ago, in that time, my case shows "In Transit", two days later (this Monday) it changes to "READY", (my case was approved in NCV since March 2021, by employment)

you thing it will take 3 weeks to receive the appointment? what about for Appointment interview Date? how long can take?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Luis Montoya said:

I received an e-mail letter "The U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico approved your request to process your immigrant visa case expeditiously. We are forwarding your case file to the embassy or consulate for their action." one week ago, in that time, my case shows "In Transit", two days later (this Monday) it changes to "READY", (my case was approved in NCV since March 2021, by employment)

you thing it will take 3 weeks to receive the appointment? what about for Appointment interview Date? how long can take?

Thanks

From what I've observed on facebook groups lately, people are receiving their interview date one or two weeks after the "ready" status with the interview taking place one month after they receive that email. So, it will probably happen pretty soon. 

Congrats and good luck.

On 5/23/2022 at 12:56 PM, M+K said:

Hey guys just checking in. Hope you all are staying strong during this time! 

If anyone has any news please post here! 

Hi! Trying to stay strong 😕 but the wait seems endless. There haven't been any new cases sent to the embassy since april 12. Oh well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Just to let you know that some people in the facebook group reported that their case finally moved to "in transit" today! After 2 months of zero cases being sent to the embassy. 

The ones that moved to "in transit" are all cases with noa2 in november and december 2021. 

My noa2 is from january 2022 so I hope next time they send cases it will be my turn, hehe. 

Anyway, this is good news! 

On 5/27/2022 at 4:43 PM, cookies&cream said:

From what I've observed on facebook groups lately, people are receiving their interview date one or two weeks after the "ready" status with the interview taking place one month after they receive that email. So, it will probably happen pretty soon. 

Congrats and good luck.

more than two weeks later ("READY"), I'm still waiting for Interview date!

any thoughts? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Luis Montoya said:

more than two weeks later ("READY"), I'm still waiting for Interview date!

any thoughts? 

It's been 2 weeks + 2 days right? I would give it at least another week before worrying.

Congratulations on the change to "READY!" Keep us updated when you get that interview date :) 

20 hours ago, Luis Montoya said:

what is the names of the Facebook groups you mention before?

LM

Here are the links to the facebook groups.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mexicanosvisak1aos/?ref=share

https://www.facebook.com/groups/808842426403326/?ref=share

Regarding the other question, the time you've been waiting to receive your appointment seems normal. I've seen people who receive it in two weeks, others in a month. I don't know if it's the same in Cd. Juárez but you could also call the embassy to ask. 

Timeline

@cookies&cream Wow!! That's exciting! : D

No update yet on mine, but I'll check later today too! If it's not today, I suppose it probably won't be too far off at that rate, just another week or two. Thanks for the heads up, and congratulations!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.