charlottewitch

March 2022 - K1 NVC thread for Mexico

115 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 8/7/2022 at 8:01 AM, cookies&cream said:

Good news! We finally received our interview instructions. 😃 The interview will be on September 15th and I will have the biometrics and documents appointments on September 14th. I haven't made the appointment for medical yet, but I'm guessing it'll be on the 13th. Also, only my fiancé (petitioner) received the email with instructions, I didn't receive anything.

I wanted to comment on this. Like @charlottewitch said, it was probably too early to submit it, buuuuut the 30 days expiration thing is just for when you save it, it stays saved for 30 days. After you submit it, I'm not sure how long it's valid for, I've seen people say it's a year though. In any case, I'd recommend to fill out a new one once you have the instructions and use that one, because some information might've changed, considering you still have to wait a few months to receive instructions for the interview. 

Sooo @charlottewitch and @M+K

I'm thinking your appointments will be in September as well ❤️❤️❤️ 

Great news! Our interview has been scheduled for September 22nd with documents on the 21st. It’s been a long road but this part seemed to go by fast 

23 hours ago, Andres bruno said:

So once Mexico City embassy receives your case and sends you an email does the email have an appointment date already set? Or what does the first email from the embassy instruct??

Yes, the email comes with an appointment date and instructions for paying the visa and making an appointment for biometrics. Also, it tells you which documents you have to bring to the interview.

Timeline
4 hours ago, cookies&cream said:

Yes, the email comes with an appointment date and instructions for paying the visa and making an appointment for biometrics. Also, it tells you which documents you have to bring to the interview.

Could you copy and paste the required documents list? 😀 I feel like I should start getting things together early so I don't mess anything up with more time limit pressure lol (still don't have an e-mail/appointment date)

Edited by charlottewitch
Quick extra clarification

On 8/11/2022 at 12:24 AM, charlottewitch said:

Could you copy and paste the required documents list? 😀 I feel like I should start getting things together early so I don't mess anything up with more time limit pressure lol (still don't have an e-mail/appointment date)

Sure. This is it:

Bring the following documents one day prior to your interview appointment at the time listed above: 

1. A valid passport with at least six months of validity remaining from the time of visa issuance.
  2. Original and copy of birth certificates, both beneficiaries and petitioner.
  3. Original and copy of marriage certificate (if applicable).
  4. Original and copy of divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor.
  5. Original and copy of the police record(s) from each State where the applicants live and have lived for at least six months since the age of 16.  “Carta de antecedentes penales de todos los estados en los que ha vivido por más de 6 meses a partir de los 16 años”. If you have been convicted of a crime or an offense, you must submit a written certificate by the court describing each offense.
  6. Medical examination (vaccinations are optional).  For more information, please contact any of the authorized panel physicians in Mexico listed below:

MEDICOS ESPECIALIZADOS INTERNACIONALES
Hamburgo 206, Interior 204, 2nd Floor,
Colonia Juárez, Delegación Cuauhtémoc,
Mexico City 06600
Tel: (55) 2624-0630 or
(55) 5207-3794 ext. 101
www.mei-mexico.com

CLINICA MEDICA INTERNACIONAL
Ave. Ramon Rivera Lara # 9020
Fracc. Las Lunas
CD. Juarez, Chih.,
Mexico C.P. 32543
Tel:  (011-52-656) 227-2800
Toll-free from the U.S.:  1-844-624-9447
Llamada gratuita de México:  01 800 801-8585
Fax:  (011-52-656) 227-2808
http://www.clinicamedicainternacional.com.mx/

SERVICIOS MEDICOS DE LA FRONTERA
Prol. Ramon Rivera Lara #8950
Col. Partido Senecu
CD. Juarez, Chih., Mexico C.P. 32540
Tel:  (011-52-656) 688-2700
Toll-free from the U.S.:  1-844-847-5340
Llamada gratuita de México: 01 800 201-8472
Fax:  (011-52-656) 688-2701
www.smf.com.mx

1. Evidence of financial support.  The petitioner can provide a letter from their current job, recent payroll receipts, recent tax returns, and Form I-134.
  2. Each applicant regardless of age is required to present two photographs (2 x 2 inches).  For additional photo requirements, see:  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos.html
  3. Evidence of the relationship between the petitioner and beneficiary.
  4. Proof of the petitioner’s U.S. citizenship. (U.S. passport).
  5. Receipt of payment from any BANAMEX or SCOTIA bank branch for $265.00 U.S. dollars for each applicant, or proof of payment online.
  6. Consular appointment instructions letter.
  7. Printed DS-160 confirmation page for each applicant.
  8. Valid U.S. nonimmigrant visa (tourist, laser, or student visa, for example) (if applicable).
  9. The complete address in the United States where you will live, including the zip code.

Timeline

@cookies&cream Thank you!

I wonder about "Evidence of the relationship between the petitioner and beneficiary" ... I thought the only time this kind of thing was necessary was on the visa application. I talked to RapidVisa about this and they told me that I should give photos ("5 to 6" no less!) of us together and stuff. I asked if the photos I submitted with the visa application were fine, and they said yes. I wonder if there's any kind of stipulations on date of photos, once we're at this point- obviously given the pandemic, traveling to get more photos would be stupid and dangerous... I hope they don't expect that.

If anyone viewing this thread has organized "evidence of relationship between petitioner and beneficiary" for the final interview (not just the visa application) stage, what kinds of things did you put in? If you already went to your interview, what did they expect? RapidVisa is kind of making me nervous think I need to make a big packet of "evidence" again, haha..

On 8/13/2022 at 7:10 PM, charlottewitch said:

@cookies&cream Thank you!

I wonder about "Evidence of the relationship between the petitioner and beneficiary" ... I thought the only time this kind of thing was necessary was on the visa application. I talked to RapidVisa about this and they told me that I should give photos ("5 to 6" no less!) of us together and stuff. I asked if the photos I submitted with the visa application were fine, and they said yes. I wonder if there's any kind of stipulations on date of photos, once we're at this point- obviously given the pandemic, traveling to get more photos would be stupid and dangerous... I hope they don't expect that.

If anyone viewing this thread has organized "evidence of relationship between petitioner and beneficiary" for the final interview (not just the visa application) stage, what kinds of things did you put in? If you already went to your interview, what did they expect? RapidVisa is kind of making me nervous think I need to make a big packet of "evidence" again, haha..

Hmm yeah, I'm going to bring evidence of our meetings after filing the i129f, but if you haven't since each other since sending the original package maybe you can include screenshots of messages, call history, and things like that (I'll include those too). 

If you are already planning the wedding and you pay for something related to it that would be good evidence as well ☺️ 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 12:38 AM, Andres bruno said:

So question does does the nvc case status turn to ready before my fiancé gets email of interview day or is the at the same time? Also if your case status does come first how long does the email take from then on usually??

Yes, it changes to ready before getting the instructions email. And then it can take up to a month to get the email, but usually faster, two weeks or so, although some people get it a few days after.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.