ROI-AL

Dublin timelines and medicals

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi everyone! After a bit of back and forth we finally got our NVC approval letter 🤩 We went ahead and scheduled the medical, but the first appointment wasn't available until May. I know it's become the case where the interview date occurs before the medical is complete - but I just had a few questions.. 

• Roughly how long does it take for the NVC to come back on a confirmed interview date?
  • If the interview is before the medical appointment, does the embassy hold onto your passport? 

Thanks a mill! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

sorry ,  no idea when NVC will schedule for an Irish 

but u need a notice from the embassy to take to dr appointment

and this is one of the things u don't want to do too soon as the visa will expire 6 months from date of the medical

and yes,  embassy will hold on to passport if medical can not be done before the interview

I was DQ'd in mid January and received an interview date about 3 and a half weeks later. The interview was scheduled for March 3rd, I couldn't get a medical until March 22nd but after many calls, I got a cancellation for March 11th.

I was able to schedule the medical without my interview, you need your DBL number. Because I did not have my medical completed at the interview they gave me a 221-G and my passport back and on it noted that as soon as I completed my medical to courier my passport there and when they receive my medical results, I should receive my passport back.

This is the maters email: visacentre@materprivate.ie

They have relocated to Cherrywood Business Park, they are very helpful there. But make sure you have all of your vaccinations in order, there is no leeway with those.

All the best!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We submitted all our docs to NVC on March 15 and got DQ'd on May 25.  Waiting on the interview letter now.   I'm curious to see when we'll get it and how much notice we're going to get for the interview.

Timeline
On 5/4/2022 at 5:46 PM, orlarose said:

Hey all :)

can anyone share how long it took nvc to approve all their docs? We submitted last Friday & I have a medical booked for July 13. Wondering was that too ambitious?

thank you 

Hey Orla - it took us a few tries to get all the documents right so we were back and forth with the NVC for almost a year :( Every time you resubmit you're sent to the back of the queue. 

Timeline
On 5/27/2022 at 10:12 PM, GPandPD said:

We submitted all our docs to NVC on March 15 and got DQ'd on May 25.  Waiting on the interview letter now.   I'm curious to see when we'll get it and how much notice we're going to get for the interview.

It was 12 days between the DQ notice from the NVC and the interview letter. Our interview was 3 weeks after getting the interview letter. 

We got our interview letter today- scheduled for July 28th.

My husband is Irish but living in Canada, so he's traveling back to Ireland for the interview and medical exam so the timing is a bit tricky.

We're trying to get the medical exam scheduled now.  I'm hoping we have enough notice that we can get an appointment before the interview.  Does anyone have experience with how long it takes the medical center to transfer the results to the consulate?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.