islandgirl80

Downloaded N400 electronic form

10 posts in this topic

I am reviewing my downloaded electronic N400 form and I notice that in part 10 number 8 question “ How many times has your current spouse been married (including annulled marriages, marriages to other people, and marriages to the same person)? If your current spouse has been married before, provide the following information about your current spouse’s prior spouse”. There is a box and it says 1 which is he had 1 prior marriage before me. But it should be 2 right because he is married to me? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

If he had a prior one = 1

Married to you = 1

Total = 2

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Sort it out at interview.

2 hours ago, islandgirl80 said:

Yeah it should be 2 but for some reason it only show 1. I did put the right informations..

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It should be one. The question is to how many marriages prior to the current one. It is worded in a weird way, and the form you download shows vs the online filling option you can kinda see the difference. Since you said it shows as "1", then there are no issues, it is as it should (mine was zero, as an example). If it showed as "2" you would just say that you were counting your current one as well, due to the way the question was worded.

13 hours ago, BioNat said:

It should be one. The question is to how many marriages prior to the current one. It is worded in a weird way, and the form you download shows vs the online filling option you can kinda see the difference. Since you said it shows as "1", then there are no issues, it is as it should (mine was zero, as an example). If it showed as "2" you would just say that you were counting your current one as well, due to the way the question was worded.

Thank you. Yeah the question is confusing. Did you get your biometrics reuse? I am waiting on mine. I guess I might have a biometrics. I filed mine yesterday (03/07). From what I see from others timeline that they get their biometrics reuse notification few hours after they filed.

Timeline
9 hours ago, islandgirl80 said:

Thank you. Yeah the question is confusing. Did you get your biometrics reuse? I am waiting on mine. I guess I might have a biometrics. I filed mine yesterday (03/07). From what I see from others timeline that they get their biometrics reuse notification few hours after they filed.

Yes, I got the reuse the same day for the N-400. There must be some trigger in the system. I've heard that if the biometrics are less than 4 years (mine is from 11/2018) they might reuse. There must be other things at play too, like maybe the quality of the biometrics per se (who knows), or also, I've sent my ROC a year before, and they did the biometrics reuse as well. They took longer to issue the reuse notice for the ROC... the system might have noticed that is already reusing for the ROC, so that's why it only took a couple of hours to send the reuse notice for the N400. 

7 minutes ago, BioNat said:

Yes, I got the reuse the same day for the N-400. There must be some trigger in the system. I've heard that if the biometrics are less than 4 years (mine is from 11/2018) they might reuse. There must be other things at play too, like maybe the quality of the biometrics per se (who knows), or also, I've sent my ROC a year before, and they did the biometrics reuse as well. They took longer to issue the reuse notice for the ROC... the system might have noticed that is already reusing for the ROC, so that's why it only took a couple of hours to send the reuse notice for the N400. 

My last biometrics was nov 2016. So maybe I will need a new biometrics.

Timeline
On 3/8/2022 at 2:22 PM, islandgirl80 said:

My last biometrics was nov 2016. So maybe I will need a new biometrics.

Yep, it's what seems like. If the threshold is 4 years (or even 5), yours is older than that. Well, at least you know what to expect. 

30 minutes ago, BioNat said:

Yep, it's what seems like. If the threshold is 4 years (or even 5), yours is older than that. Well, at least you know what to expect. 

Things might have changed over the last year, but my last biometrics would have been in 2014, and for my N400 (submitted last year) they did re-use biometrics (with notice sent the same day I submitted the N400).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.