mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Anybody know how long it takes to receive packet 3? According to the embassy, they sent it on Nov. 21. So far nothing. My fiancee lives in northeastern Thailand.

My fiancee (now wife), lived about 15 kilometers outside of Chiang Mai. I took about 3 weeks for the packet 3 to reach her house, once the consulate told me it had been mailed. I don't think that is really normal...but for some reason (it was about this time of year, 2007)...mail was moving quite slowly up to her house. (I actually didn't wait on pkt 3. I downloaded all the forms from the embassy website and sent them in...kept the mailed pkt 3 as a 'souveneir <haha>)

Now that I think about it...packet 4 wasn't much faster.

I'm sure yours will arrive more quickly!

Peace to All,

Mark-N-AAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
You welcome Afterforever...I am sort of in the same situation. Our interview probably some time toward the end of January. It doesn't look like I will be able to have enough days to get away from work to be with her during the interview. But she does understand the situation. I am coaching her right now for interview. I am trying to alleviate the fear from her.

it took about 2 weeks for my husband to get packet 3...a piece of advice if i may. now that you know it's in the post, just go ahead and download everything and and send in notice that you are prepared for your interview it will save a few weeks time. by the time they recieve everything you can have your medical, certificate of being single etc all ready.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the info Kang Lang.

If we send in the notice that we are prepared for the interview, will my fiance still have enough time to apply for and receive the police certificate? I know the medical can be done quickly but I am worried my fiancee will not receive the police certificate in time. Also, do you know if she would be able to have her sister pick up the certificate? The sister lives in BKK, my fiance lives in Udon Thani, so it would obviously be a time saver.

Edited by afterforever

You welcome Afterforever...I am sort of in the same situation. Our interview probably some time toward the end of January. It doesn't look like I will be able to have enough days to get away from work to be with her during the interview. But she does understand the situation. I am coaching her right now for interview. I am trying to alleviate the fear from her.

it took about 2 weeks for my husband to get packet 3...a piece of advice if i may. now that you know it's in the post, just go ahead and download everything and and send in notice that you are prepared for your interview it will save a few weeks time. by the time they recieve everything you can have your medical, certificate of being single etc all ready.

GOOD LUCK!

If we send in the notice that we are prepared for the interview, will my fiance still have enough time to apply for and receive the police certificate? I know the medical can be done quickly but I am worried my fiancee will not receive the police certificate in time. Also, do you know if she would be able to have her sister pick up the certificate? The sister lives in BKK, my fiance lives in Udon Thani, so it would obviously be a time saver.

Yes as long as you get your application for police certification in right around the time you send in packet 3 (do it in the same week which will give you some time in case there is a problem) takes around 2-3 weeks for the police cert., once you send in packet 3 your interview is still a good 4-6 weeks away. Unfortunately only your fiancee will be able to pick up the certificate, so she should make the trip to BKK and get her medical done and police cert., app on the same day. She will definitely have to go back and pick it up.

P.S. You may want to google search the forms you need, alot of law firms have them attached to their websites can be a good alternative to waiting for USCIS to upload them. FYI the packet 3 forms were not terrible hard or complicated to deal with.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS.

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Timeline

GOOD LUCK!

Man, it's seems like it was just yesterday my now wife and I went though this process...This website has help us A LOT from time to time.... :)

Afterforever,

Clarification about picking up Police Certificate ;) Based on my wife's experience, the same day after her medical at Bumrungrad Hospital, she went to and applied for the Police certificate in person at the BKK police station listed in the Packet 3 docs, however she was able to have her brother (who lives in BKK) to pick it up for her. Her brother had copies of 1) My wife's Thai ID and 2) a copy of the ENTIRE House Registration Book (Tabien Baan)

Also my wife said she written (by hand) a statement in BOTH copies that they are true and correct and signed it. Wife is also telling me it took about 2 weeks to process.

When her brother went to the Police station to pick-up the Police Certificate, they asked if he was related to my wife, then had to show his Thai ID and they of course looked at the copy if the Registration Book (Tabien Baan) to confirm he was her brother.

Now I am not saying this is a standard way or was OK to do (since it was never mentioned a relative can pick up the certificate) , I am just posting based on our experience....I don't have the current number for the BKK police station one would pick up the certificate at, but perhaps it will be worth it if your fiance give them a call and ask! ;)

Good Luck with yours and everyone's processes..... take care

regards,

George

George (USA) 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif and Pocky (Thailand)3dflagsdotcom_thail_2faws.gif

07-20-04 Mailed I-129F to USCIS CSC

07-26-04 NOA1

08-27-04 NOA2

10-18-04 Poc gets medical exam at Bumrungrad, applies for Police Certificate, pays K-1 Visa Fee and turned in DS-230 pt 1 & “checklist”

01-14-05 K-1 Approved

04-06-05 USCIS (Chicago Lockbox) receives AOS Package

04-13-05 Received NOA1s for I-485 & I-131

06-13-05 Received NOA2 for I-485, AOS Interview set for August 2005 at the San Francisco USCIS

08-10-05 AOS approved

08-15-05 Green Card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I worked in the northeastern part of Thailand at the time and went to BKK to have my police report done. The process took only half an hour and you don't need to make an appointment in advance. I chose to have them express-mail the report to me (by paying 35 BHT extra) instead of going to BKK to pick it up. If I remember it correctly, it took about 2+ weeks for it to arrive.

Good Luck. (F)

Click here to look at my K-1 journey and AOS adventure on my profile -- signature & story tab...

----------------------------------------------------

973181_1238682260.jpg

Check out our dog's blog here.

My ROC Adventure:

January 13, 2010----------Mailed out I-751 to VSC

January 15, 2010----------Package delivered

January 19, 2010----------NOA

January 21, 2010----------Check cashed

February 17, 2010---------Biometrics

April 8, 2010----------------Card production ordered

April 19, 2010---------------Card received in the mail

The Most Powerful Force in Life is Love

1095_thumb.gif1332_thumb.gif807_thumb.gif

Timeline
I don't have the current number for the BKK police station one would pick up the certificate at, but perhaps it will be worth it if your fiance give them a call and ask! ;)

George

When you are done with the police report process, you will be given the name of the police officer who takes care of your case and his tel number that you can call. So, just go there and get it done as soon as you can. It may take longer than it normally does. In my case, packet 4 arrived about 2 weeks after my packet 3 was sent. My interview date was about 2+ weeks following the arrival of packet 4. You should have plenty of time to get police report and medical done.

(F)

Click here to look at my K-1 journey and AOS adventure on my profile -- signature & story tab...

973181_1238682260.jpg

My ROC Adventure:

Timeline

Hey thanks you guys for the wonderful information. I'm still waiting for the NVC to send me package received notification. It should be any day now...I hope.

Hey Afterforever, I'm from the same hometown as your fiance; Udon Thani. My fiance is from Sisaket.

One question...Does my fiance has to wait until she get the package 3 to have medical check and police certificate?

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

I am sorry ThaiStyleUSA that i didnt reply sooner. I havent been here in a few :(

The RFE was for my name change. When i turn 15 i got my step fathers name and i forgot to send that documment with the petition. I really dont know what is taking them so long.

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.

Prov. 3:3

REMOVING OF CONDITION

08/02/2010 I-751 sent with K2 & my son

08/12/2010 Check cashed

08/06/2010 NOA (received 08/16/2010)

08/18/2010 My son's check was cashed

09/27/2010 Biometrics appointment

10/26/2010 APPROVED

11/1/2010 10yrs GC in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

For all of those waiting on Packet 3 -

Rin's packet 3 took almost three weeks to arrive at her home (near Bangkok) and the packet 4 never arrived. Once I was confident that the embassy had her case from NVC, we returned the necessary docs to get the interview scheduled. Then I followed up with e-mails every few days. Eventually they replied with her interview schedule. So if you are sure the packet 3 has been sent, then I suggest sending them the following (from the embassy review section)

What forms should be send back to the Consulate?

DS-230 Part I (unsigned)

2 passport photos

Copy of passport

Checklist

*Must be mailed to the IVU*

U.S. Embassy Bangkok, Consular Section

Attention: Immigrant Visa Unit

95 Wireless Road

Bangkok 10330

Thailand

John

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Timeline
I am sorry ThaiStyleUSA that i didnt reply sooner. I havent been here in a few :(

The RFE was for my name change. When i turn 15 i got my step fathers name and i forgot to send that documment with the petition. I really dont know what is taking them so long.

My name changed twice; first was when I took my steph father's name when I was about 13 yrs old. Second was when I became naturalized US citizen when I joined the military. What I did was went to the Social Security Office and have them write a statement saying that Those names are the same person with same SSAN. Since they don't issue the SSAN with the old name. I also wrote a letter to USCIS that I don't have a photo ID with original name and SSAN on me because I was too young to carry an ID. But I had sent them plenty of my military information with my K-1 package though. I think that was very helpful because you must be US citizen to further your military career. Anyway, I got approved 2 days after they'd received my respond RFE. You should try calling them again. It shouldn't take that long. Good luck and let us know.

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

Timeline
What forms should be send back to the Consulate?

DS-230 Part I (unsigned)

2 passport photos

Copy of passport

Checklist

*Must be mailed to the IVU*

U.S. Embassy Bangkok, Consular Section

Attention: Immigrant Visa Unit

95 Wireless Road

Bangkok 10330

Thailand

John

Here is the checklist:

Packet_3_Checklist_new.pdf

973181_1238682260.jpg

My ROC Adventure:

Timeline

Thanks ladywhite.. :thumbs:

Thai Style USA

Our Links:

Thank you for the wishes, i will keep you posted.

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.

Prov. 3:3

REMOVING OF CONDITION

08/02/2010 I-751 sent with K2 & my son

08/12/2010 Check cashed

08/06/2010 NOA (received 08/16/2010)

08/18/2010 My son's check was cashed

09/27/2010 Biometrics appointment

10/26/2010 APPROVED

11/1/2010 10yrs GC in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.