mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Sounds like the Embassy in Bangkok is acting like the Embassy in Ho Chi Minh City.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Well, I got a call from my fiancee at 12:30 Thai time. Our case has been put under administrative review... great

Today was not the day to be interviewing.

-Aaron

Sorry to hear about the problems you guys both had. Hopefully it is really just a minor glitch and you'll be on your way quickly.

Keep us posted on your progress, and

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
Hello everyone! Its my first post in this thread.

I want to send my girl a valentines day card and not sure if there is still time to send via snail mail or USPS international priority to Thailand. Our last experience with DHL was horrible so I would hate to give them any more of my money..

Can some of you more experienced persons give me an idea on the time frames for different postage methods?

Thank you in advance!

Danny

You still have time to send your valentines day card to your girl here in Thailand. My boyfriend send me letters through USPS..express mail takes 3-4 days and ordinary mail takes 6-8 days.

I use USPS express for packages...about 30-35 bucks...never had a problems. Depending on what day it goes out, I'd echo 7-8 days consistently. I'd assume priority is the same. I'm a fan of usps. In 8 years and a few thousand packages, only 2 lost (one this past week unfortunately).

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

Timeline

I want to send my girl a valentines day card and not sure if there is still time to send via snail mail or USPS international priority to Thailand. Our last experience with DHL was horrible so I would hate to give them any more of my money..

Can some of you more experienced persons give me an idea on the time frames for different postage methods?

Thank you in advance!

Danny

One option you could consider is to use a local florist delivery shop in Thailand. Advantage: You can place an order up to the day before you want it to arrive (birthday, Valentines, etc.). Disadvantage: You can't add a personal keepsake that you choose yourself, it's a 'package' deal (though they can add a personalized card).

I've done this a few times. The service I have used is http://www.forever-florist-thailand.com/ . They were efficient and quick, but not cheap. There are many others you can find on Google.

My sweetheart's family was in BKK at her apartment for Christmas and I sent a flower basket and a fruit flower basket. We celebrated Christmas via webcam (I dressed up like Santa, kids slept on the couch and I situated webcam to catch the scene)...3am "Santa" came in. It was great they were able to see it. One FUNNY THING is my fiancee SWORE when I went upstairs to change and sneak into the house that ANOTHER SANTA showed up. I told her she was pulling my leg but her mom seconded the claim. They swore it was a ghost, didn't look like me and maybe they saw the real santa (Isaan people, I think believe in ghosts quite a bit)... I can't explain that one but they shared Christmas and just as the kids woke up and "I" came into the room to exclaim I saw "santa" leaving off the roof with his reindeer, the flowers and fruit baskets arrived so we all had goodies to open together. That was a memorable, magical moment.

I don't bring up the second santa claus thing...kinda freaks me out. If they're pulling a joke on me, they're DARN GOOD at it! LOL!

I paid under $100 and they ate on the fruit for days, flowers were stunning 1/4 price of US prices...reliable and high quality. Fruit was all perfect, bird of paradise flower and greenery out of the basket, etc.

I can't remember if it was a company linked to here or thaivisa but I jsut clicked on the link, ordered and that was it. They all had said they never got flowers or any delievered presents before in their lives...were very touched (then of course the mandatory "spend your money too much" concerns) but she corrected the family and said sometimes blowing a little money makes farang happy and look, we're happy too! They're frugal people but the surprise and quality and the entire experience made it more than well worth it.

I plan on doing it again for V-day. I have NO IDEA what to get her for Vday (which is also her birthday)!!!!

My friend is flying out there to stay with her (and chase one of her friends; I predict he'll be a member here, soon). He's going out a month before I do to get his dating under way.

I have NO IDEA what to get her for her birthday/Valendines day! She got me a nice watch. She doesn't have a watch and claims she'd never need one. I told her if she's coming to the US, she'll want one. I asked 100 times what she wants....she says nothing... I finally got her to say something after some time she said "gold" (she knows it can be liquidated again easily) but with more than enough for sin sod wedding gold, I'd like to do something different.

Any suggestions??? She's got perfume, gold and can't think of anything else other than a watch she swears she doesn't need/want (not sure if its out of concern for money or she really doesn't).

HelP!

-Aaron....ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW????? #######??? YOU WERE ON YOUR WAY?

Does anyone know what this means or what they're reviewing? This is the second I've seen recently! Anyone have any clue...ever seen this? Geez, you were almost home!

Edited by HYENA

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Timeline

Thank you in advance!

Danny

If you send it to my friend, he'll be there on the 9th in the evening. Not sure if that would be faster but I'm having him bring some other mail to get a jump start for other people. Maybe he could drop it in the local mail there (up to you, though). He's in maryland leaving on the 8th morning, be there evening (BKK time) on the 9th.

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Timeline
-Aaron....ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW????? #######??? YOU WERE ON YOUR WAY?

Not AR, the other guy Eric, got AR. We just have to provide for evidence of our relationship. I guess staying in BKK for 2 months, and hundreds of pages of calls/chats/sms is just not enough. We also have to clarify her mom's name change, which she never changed. Her birth certificate had her Mom's name wrong, and he crossed it out and wrote a note at the top, which did not get translated to english, and the Thai girl helping the consular, said it was changed, from another certificate, which it never was.

Timeline
i'm sorry to hear it didn't go as planned guys. i have my fingers crossed you'll be sorted soon and back on track.

I'm panicking now. We had a lot of emails and only when we had a problem and weren't taling too much, she'd send an email 9typical marital spat only our of paranoia on my part but now everything is OK)

so they need emails MORE? I don't know how I can do anything different...any suggestions anyone????

sh&*( I'm freaking right out here! We only have the K1, hopefully no mistakes. SIam caught a translation error...hopefully that's all ok and everything looks good though.

we had a lot of emails early on but once we got se up with webcams that's what we did.

I only recently learned to save the history of the chat session but she doesn't write much says it takes a long time. I TOLD HER 6 MONTHS AGO TO START EMAILING ME but maybe it's inherent do minimal culture? I'm vvery frustrated here trying to think what I can do differently to show enough evidence.

We have stamped passports we went to Cambodia together, some emails early on, my money transfers but only emails and pictures about business but not related to relationship as much.

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT! I'M PANICKING BIG TIME HERE!

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Timeline
i'm sorry to hear it didn't go as planned guys. i have my fingers crossed you'll be sorted soon and back on track.

I'm panicking now. We had a lot of emails and only when we had a problem and weren't taling too much, she'd send an email 9typical marital spat only our of paranoia on my part but now everything is OK)

so they need emails MORE? I don't know how I can do anything different...any suggestions anyone????

sh&*( I'm freaking right out here! We only have the K1, hopefully no mistakes. SIam caught a translation error...hopefully that's all ok and everything looks good though.

we had a lot of emails early on but once we got se up with webcams that's what we did.

I only recently learned to save the history of the chat session but she doesn't write much says it takes a long time. I TOLD HER 6 MONTHS AGO TO START EMAILING ME but maybe it's inherent do minimal culture? I'm vvery frustrated here trying to think what I can do differently to show enough evidence.

We have stamped passports we went to Cambodia together, some emails early on, my money transfers but only emails and pictures about business but not related to relationship as much.

My Fiancee even mentioned that she needed to email me for the embassy, but of course she only sent about 1 every other week, cause we spent so much time on the phone. I had 200 pages of call details report from my calling card, but he said that was me contacting her, not the other way around. Everybody has been baffled by needing more evidence, and completely baffled that they want to read our conversations. I would have thought being here for the past 2 months with her, would be evidence enough, but hey what do I know.

I have been dwelling on this all day and I am sure I will be until Monday when we go back to give the info they requested. Most likely no sleep for me all weekend.

Timeline

My Fiancee even mentioned that she needed to email me for the embassy, but of course she only sent about 1 every other week, cause we spent so much time on the phone. I had 200 pages of call details report from my calling card, but he said that was me contacting her, not the other way around. Everybody has been baffled by needing more evidence, and completely baffled that they want to read our conversations. I would have thought being here for the past 2 months with her, would be evidence enough, but hey what do I know.

I have been dwelling on this all day and I am sure I will be until Monday when we go back to give the info they requested. Most likely no sleep for me all weekend.

by the "rules" one needs to only see the fiancee once. i don't have any 1500 emails but I will have 3 trips there by the time I'm done. Did you have a lot of pictures? that's one thing i'll have.

still, all those emails... I jsut don't have that many. VERY FRUSTRATING. I don't know how to get a call log...then again, she rings me, I hang up and I call her back. I think everyone knows that.

I feel like I'm walking into a losing situation here. Very frustrating.... So what if they want more evidence from me? I have what I have. Maybe he should come over and stay with us in her apartment....damn slug needs an attitude adjustment!

Edited by HYENA

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Timeline

by the "rules" one needs to only see the fiancee once. i don't have any 1500 emails but I will have 3 trips there by the time I'm done. Did you have a lot of pictures? that's one thing i'll have.

still, all those emails... I jsut don't have that many. VERY FRUSTRATING. I don't know how to get a call log...then again, she rings me, I hang up and I call her back. I think everyone knows that.

I feel like I'm walking into a losing situation here. Very frustrating.... So what if they want more evidence from me? I have what I have. Maybe he should come over and stay with us in her apartment....damn slug needs an attitude adjustment!

I also had 4 trips, with this last one staying here for 2 months, and then I also had about 50 pictures, with her mom, and entire family, sitting at dinner on the floor in her hometown. I am still baffled.

Timeline

I also had 4 trips, with this last one staying here for 2 months, and then I also had about 50 pictures, with her mom, and entire family, sitting at dinner on the floor in her hometown. I am still baffled.

I have less than yo email-wise. I'm jsut hoping that slug will calm down and his lying sidekick dies before I get there. I hate the cattiness of the women in BKK..it's disgusting.

I can imagine your fiancee sitting there being asked ...do you have....? and the B**& saying "no have" and she's saying "yes, it's in there" and the **()(& saying "no have"...I hate the purposeful ignorance practiced like this. That and the prejudice so rampant (what shade skin, where you're from as if Thai isn't enough), etc.

...now we likely have a Thai hater in the embassy trying to deny all he can because he got scammed one too many times and is jaded. My first trip to BKK was scam central (it amazed me how so many people have no problems with lack of honesty or anything...diff culture for sure but that was the tip of the ugliness iceburg after I returned and stayed a month then repeated again.

I'm just hoping to go around march 9 or 14 or so and stay for a month and hopefully come back with her (can't deal without a paycheck much longer than that). I am happy to see air fares at 1060 from the DC area...tempted to get one now with only $75 change fee...

8/14/08 NOA-1

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

7/28/09 Pick up visa

Timeline

About the AR, is the assistant to the consular there as an interpreter for your fiance? I had heard that they may question a relationship based on the fact that the applicant needed to have an interpreter at the interview thus putting the viability of that a relationship was in question.

This all make me nervous too. I have an equal amount of documentation but this Feb 22 will only be my second trip there. I hope this is just a minor snafu and things work out quick for you guys.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Please remake and link to this post :). This thread has gotten very large and to keep the server load low I am requesting that threads of this size (roughly 300 pages or more) be restarted. Thank you for helping out!! :)

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.