AmericanNomad

Is there currently any way for an unvaccinated foreigner to enter the Philippines?

64 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

It appears the public health emergency expires in September. However it can be renewed. My guess and I could be wrong is that it will be allowed to expire or renewed with less restrictions. No one can say for sure if or when the vaccine requirement will be dropped but the way Marcos is talking about covid restrictions and bringing back tourism things seem to be going in the right direction. Also Marcos has commented that the covid rules would be reviewed the middle of this month. All we can do is wait and see. The Philippines is in the minority of countries now that require a vaccine for tourists so it is only a matter of time before they have to join the rest of the world in being reasonable.

As far as the "Cebu loophole" goes I have seen reports of foreigners being allowed to enter Cebu unvaccinated and I have seen reports of them being turned away so as far as that goes it is travel at your own risk.

ugh had a feeling.. I'm reading alot about traveling to cebu thru bangkok.. it appears that's a way? 

also I was told that there's no way to verify a vax card - it's against HIPAA law - so does that mean they have no way of really knowing if a card is authentic or not? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

fyi: this is very promising and was posted yesterday on youtube:  

2August 2022- we are officially in Cebu with my foreign bf both unvaxxed. It was not bad as I thought after knowing lots of unvaccinated tourist being denied to enter. Indeed, it was a very smooth trip. Staff in Mactan is friendly and accommodating. They only asked us why we did not get vaccinated which was very awkward to answer. At the moment we are on our day 2 Quarantine at Dulcinea hotel which I booked for 6 nights just in case which cost 2800 pesos per night including food. We paid 1,600 pesos for both of us for the RT PCR test on our arrival. We will get tested again on the 5th day by the appointed person to come to our room. Please note that its not as strict as what others post on youtube. I saw lots of unvaxxed foreigners who were put off to come over to see their loved ones because of wrong information from different sources. We also had a short stop over in Davao which was supposed to be our final destination and Davao airport staff only checked the boarding pass and passport. I am sure its all open now for unvaxxed tourists just do the 5 day quarantine. Its also nice to relax after the long flight. It is costly but all worth it. We fly with Air New Zealand from Auckland to Singapore -5 hours layover in Singapore then Singapore Airlines - Singapore to Davao to Cebu - Davao is only 50 minutes stop off and we got off the aircraft and came back in to go to Cebu 🙏

wow this is great and very promising - thanks for your story... I'm coming from the U.S.A. New York, JFK.. they are probably going to be more strict.. So I'm wondering what would be the best path of arrival to Cebu as an unvaxed American?? maybe bangkok? Can I fly to Auckland then take the same as you (air new zealand > Singapore > Singapore Airlines > Davao > Cebu) ??? thanks in advance!

Edited by defeedme
formatting

1 hour ago, defeedme said:

also I was told that there's no way to verify a vax card - it's against HIPAA law - so does that mean they have no way of really knowing if a card is authentic or not? 

There is no way to verify the authenticity of the card. I will just leave it at that due to the sites TOS.

3 hours ago, defeedme said:

fyi: this is very promising and was posted yesterday on youtube:  

2August 2022- we are officially in Cebu with my foreign bf both unvaxxed. It was not bad as I thought after knowing lots of unvaccinated tourist being denied to enter. Indeed, it was a very smooth trip. Staff in Mactan is friendly and accommodating. They only asked us why we did not get vaccinated which was very awkward to answer. At the moment we are on our day 2 Quarantine at Dulcinea hotel which I booked for 6 nights just in case which cost 2800 pesos per night including food. We paid 1,600 pesos for both of us for the RT PCR test on our arrival. We will get tested again on the 5th day by the appointed person to come to our room. Please note that its not as strict as what others post on youtube. I saw lots of unvaxxed foreigners who were put off to come over to see their loved ones because of wrong information from different sources. We also had a short stop over in Davao which was supposed to be our final destination and Davao airport staff only checked the boarding pass and passport. I am sure its all open now for unvaxxed tourists just do the 5 day quarantine. Its also nice to relax after the long flight. It is costly but all worth it. We fly with Air New Zealand from Auckland to Singapore -5 hours layover in Singapore then Singapore Airlines - Singapore to Davao to Cebu - Davao is only 50 minutes stop off and we got off the aircraft and came back in to go to Cebu 🙏

wow this is great and very promising - thanks for your story... I'm coming from the U.S.A. New York, JFK.. they are probably going to be more strict.. So I'm wondering what would be the best path of arrival to Cebu as an unvaxed American?? maybe bangkok? Can I fly to Auckland then take the same as you (air new zealand > Singapore > Singapore Airlines > Davao > Cebu) ??? thanks in advance!

I have seen more than one person on some facebook groups I'm on claim that they are an unvaccinated foreigner and were able to enter Manila with a 5 day quarantine. They all say this is only possible if entering on a balikbayan visa but there is no way to verify what these people are saying. I had someone tell me to call the Bureau of quarantine and they will verify that I can enter with a quarantine. Who knows if there is any truth to this. I will probably wait until an official notice is issued about any rule changes just to be safe. Cebu might be an alternative option for us if I can verify they are actually letting unvaccinated foreigners in. We were planning on going there for a few days anyways.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.