USbound22

Filing I-130 after previously abandoning green card

23 posts in this topic

On 2/8/2022 at 4:25 PM, Dashinka said:

Let us know how the DCF request goes.  I read a recent thread regarding someone from Japan going through DCF, it still happens albeit much less often now days.

Good Luck!

We just got an email that were are approved for DCF with Frankfurt. That was crazy fast. Here we go!

5 minutes ago, USbound22 said:

We just got an email that were are approved for DCF with Frankfurt. That was crazy fast. Here we go!

Great news! 

Congratulations~ 

ETA: There is a Frankfurt DCF group from Jan 2021 

Might be helpful but maybe not

Edited by Kor2USA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, USbound22 said:

Congrats, hopefully you will get through this portion of your journey relatively quickly.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again. I have another question for you (hope someone will see this):

I am now preparing the forms and documents for the next packet while I wait for the embassy to process our I-130.

I know that I need a police certificate from Germany (no prob, already ordered it) AND from any other country that I lived in for more than a year. That would be the US for me.

Did you have to turn in a police certificate from the US? How would I go about obtaining one? I found this website: https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks not sure if this is the right place.

tia!

Hi again! I keep coming back here, I hope you don't mind. Some things are tricky to fill out for me because of the GC abandonment.

We are now working on packet 3 and I am filling out form DS-260. This is online. Last time I did this, I'm not sure it was the same form, but it definitely wasn't online

In the section that asks about my past 5 trips to the US, I am asked whether I've been given an A- Number by the DHS. What should I put there?

My two latest trips to the US were using the ESTA Waiver (after I abandoned the Green Card). The three trips before that were still with Green Card, so with my A number. But it wasn't issued to me then, I already had it.

I can only answer this question Yes/NO and then write down the dates last five trips together in a block. I can't put down different information about each trip.

Idk, maybe I should write an email to Frankfurt about this, but maybe one of you remembers how you did that?

Thanks!

Bildschirmfoto 2022-03-10 um 17.52.23.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.