Gujjupat

Vaccination at visamedical.!

15 posts in this topic

Hi All

I was going through all my documents and realised that I don’t have any vaccine record apart from COVID vaccine as I was born in another country.!

does anyone had experience taking Tetanus/ MMR vaccine at visamedical.? Do they always have it in stock .?  As I may have to get train back home on same day just in case they say they don’t have it stock.!

Please advice.!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Gujjupat said:

Hi All

I was going through all my documents and realised that I don’t have any vaccine record apart from COVID vaccine as I was born in another country.!

does anyone had experience taking Tetanus/ MMR vaccine at visamedical.? Do they always have it in stock .?  As I may have to get train back home on same day just in case they say they don’t have it stock.!

Please advice.!

My husband didn’t have any vaccines except Covid shots. He’s in India but I think it’s the same regardless of where you are.
These are the shots he got-

TdaP
MMR
Varicella
Influenza

In India at least, you have to be vaccinated with US approved vaccines which the approved clinics have so don’t worry about not getting them, they’re very common vaccines😁

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gujjupat said:

Hi All

Please advice.!

I’ve never known anyone to post that Visa Medicals was out of vaccines. You can get your shots before at your doctor office, Boots, any clinics within stores that do vaccines. 

The shots for adults

TdaP
MMR
Influenza 

Varicella shot is waived for immigrant visas in the UK as “not readily available”. You don’t have to get it. 

Can you explain what you mean by I may have to get train back home on same day just in case they say they don’t have it stock”. Where is back home?

What is the date of your medical?

Edited by Wuozopo

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

I’ve never known anyone to post that Visa Medicals was out of vaccines. You can get your shots before at your doctor office, Boots, any clinics within stores that do vaccines. 

The shots for adults

TdaP
MMR
Influenza 

Varicella shot is waived for immigrant visas in the UK as “not readily available”. You don’t have to get it. 

Can you explain what you mean by I may have to get train back home on same day just in case they say they don’t have it stock”. Where is back home?

What is the date of your medical?

Medical end of February.! I don’t live in London.! I am getting train to London! 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Gujjupat said:

Medical end of February.! I don’t live in London.! I am getting train to London! 

You have plenty of time to get to a Boots or Tesco or somewhere that gives vaccinations before your medical.  You need 3 shots and the documentation of what they gave you and the date given. Find a place near your town.

Edited by Wuozopo

Just now, Wuozopo said:

You have plenty of time to get to a Boots or Tesco or somewhere that gives vaccinations before your medical.  You need 3 shots and the documentation of what they gave you and the date given.

Thanks! But am I still alright to get those vaccine at visamedical right.? Do they give this vaccine on day.?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Gujjupat said:

Thanks! But am I still alright to get those vaccine at visamedical right.? Do they give this vaccine on day.?

Yes they do. Have you looked at their price list?  Have you asked a nurse at your GP if they will give them free?

17 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Yes they do. Have you looked at their price list?  Have you asked a nurse at your GP if they will give them free?

Thanks

I just spoke to my GP and t hey said I can have this at clinic except flu one.! But they said MMR is 2 dose one after 4 weeks.!so it would be incomplete if I get this at GP.? Please advice.! 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Gujjupat said:

Thanks

I just spoke to my GP and t hey said I can have this at clinic except flu one.! But they said MMR is 2 dose one after 4 weeks.!so it would be incomplete if I get this at GP.? Please advice.! 

MMR- you will get a waiver for the 2ND dose because 4 weeks haven’t passed by your medical.. “Insufficient time interval”. You never have to get it for immigration purposes.

Flu-  UK does not vaccinate adults for flu except elderly. You’ll have to find another place because US requires it.

27 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

MMR- you will get a waiver for the 2ND dose because 4 weeks haven’t passed by your medical.. “Insufficient time interval”. You never have to get it for immigration purposes.

Flu-  UK does not vaccinate adults for flu except elderly. You’ll have to find another place because US requires it.

That’s great.! Thanks.! Very useful info.! Very appreciated.

one more question my friend said I need to keep flu vaccine and MMR at least 4 weeks gap.? Is that right.? As my friend say both are live vaccine either can have on same day or in 4 weeks interval.!

please advice.!

I had flu and tetanus on the same day - actually within minutes of each other - and that was fine. 

Be sure to get all of your required vaccines either before or at the Visa medical as it can become an issue when you do your AoS.

I didn't discover this forum until after my Medical and, as Wuozopo advised, I made a mistake in waiting on my GP appointment to get the vaccines afterwards. I had to find a Civil Surgeon in the US to give me a I-693 at further cost.

Good luck.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Gujjupat said:

That’s great.! Thanks.! Very useful info.! Very appreciated.

one more question my friend said I need to keep flu vaccine and MMR at least 4 weeks gap.? Is that right.? As my friend say both are live vaccine either can have on same day or in 4 weeks interval.!

please advice.!

Read about flu vaccines here https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/flu.html#Vaccines

The live type is a nasal spray. 

Read everything about the medical exam in the Panel Physician’s Technical Instructions. 

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fimmigrantrefugeehealth%2Fexams%2Fti%2Fpanel%2Ftechnical-instructions-panel-physicians.html

And don’t forget to review the clinic’s list of what to bring to your appointment. 
https://visamedicals.co.uk/united-states/

Timeline
7 hours ago, Ian88 said:

Be sure to get all of your required vaccines either before or at the Visa medical as it can become an issue when you do your AoS.

I didn't discover this forum until after my Medical and, as Wuozopo advised, I made a mistake in waiting on my GP appointment to get the vaccines afterwards. I had to find a Civil Surgeon in the US to give me a I-693 at further cost.

That mostly only applies to K1 fiancés. All immigrant visas must be complete on shots and recorded at the medical or they don’t get the visa. They don’t  do AOS. They are permanent residents as soon as they pass through immigration at the airport (or a land crossing like Canada). 

Edited by Wuozopo

Whoops - my apologies, misread the visa type.

for OP you can get a flu shot (and various others) at Boots but you need to make an appointment to see the Pharmacist, they wouldn’t take a walk-in. They do say you will meet with the Pharmacist and discuss options and then come back for shots, but I was given both of my shots there and then.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.