5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share my experience in hopes that it would help someone.

Around March I started gathering all the information that would be requiered at the interview. I knew I would need my parents help with the AOS so I asked ahead of time because my mom like to procrastinate. In this case being proactive was a problem. We received our interview date for June 20th 2007 and were ready about 2 weeks before with all of our documents, proof of relationship, etc.

When we got to the embassy we were put on a list and were called up to a window where a nice lady took our documents reviewed asked questions about our relationship ( where we met, how long married, etc. ) nothing too personal but you have to be prepared. I noticed she made a comment on her worksheet that said "...needs 2006 w2's for co-sponsor", well needless to say I freaked ( on the inside ) and it all made sense to me!!! My co-sponsor had sent the AOS in March before filing 06 taxes and our interview was in June. So from March to June I was just looking over this document because I had checked it off on my list as "done"!

We went into the office of the consular and were asked about our relationship, my wife's fingerprints were taken, and then we were told our visa was pre-approved but it was not going to be given to us until we provided them with our co-sponsors w2's for the last fiscal year. We walked out pretty bummed out! We were given a sheet with mailing info as to where we could send the info that was pending and once that was done the embassy would call us and let us know when we could go back for the visa. I figured for sure this would delay our plans by at least a month!!

The very next day my wife went and delivered the w2's which my mom sent about 2 hours after we got out of the embassy. A week later we got a call to come in the week of July 2 2007 at 10 am, we went in on the 2nd at 9:30 to be safe. I was amazed at the time of response. We got to the embasy and went in to wait to be called. About an hour later I started thinking how the embassy oficials would know to call us.....how would they know if we came in on the 2nd, 3rd, or 5th if we were just told to come in sometime that week. I asked one of the guards about this and he said that if we were not put on a list when we came in we would not be called. Again I freaked!!! Luckily at 11am they open a counter especially for US Citizens services. As soon as they opened I went up and explained that it we were not put on a list and were not going to be called. The same nice lady as before took my wife's passport and looked up her file. Then she handed me a claim number and told me to come back at 4pm and that our visa was approved!!! We went back at 4pm and everything was in order......after such a long wait ( 7 months ) FINALLY we had our approved visa!!! We were so happy we went luggage shopping!!

Well thats our story I want to thank all of you for helping us clear up our questions and making the process easier. If I had to give tips to those just begining your journey I would say:

1. Read the guidlines posted on this website they are really good

2. Use common sense

3. Ask the embassy don't be affraid they actually do want to help you

4. Plan ahead and be ready for the interview

Good luck to all of you and I will keep my timeline updated and post again after our POE.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share my experience in hopes that it would help someone.

Around March I started gathering all the information that would be requiered at the interview. I knew I would need my parents help with the AOS so I asked ahead of time because my mom like to procrastinate. In this case being proactive was a problem. We received our interview date for June 20th 2007 and were ready about 2 weeks before with all of our documents, proof of relationship, etc.

When we got to the embassy we were put on a list and were called up to a window where a nice lady took our documents reviewed asked questions about our relationship ( where we met, how long married, etc. ) nothing too personal but you have to be prepared. I noticed she made a comment on her worksheet that said "...needs 2006 w2's for co-sponsor", well needless to say I freaked ( on the inside ) and it all made sense to me!!! My co-sponsor had sent the AOS in March before filing 06 taxes and our interview was in June. So from March to June I was just looking over this document because I had checked it off on my list as "done"!

We went into the office of the consular and were asked about our relationship, my wife's fingerprints were taken, and then we were told our visa was pre-approved but it was not going to be given to us until we provided them with our co-sponsors w2's for the last fiscal year. We walked out pretty bummed out! We were given a sheet with mailing info as to where we could send the info that was pending and once that was done the embassy would call us and let us know when we could go back for the visa. I figured for sure this would delay our plans by at least a month!!

The very next day my wife went and delivered the w2's which my mom sent about 2 hours after we got out of the embassy. A week later we got a call to come in the week of July 2 2007 at 10 am, we went in on the 2nd at 9:30 to be safe. I was amazed at the time of response. We got to the embasy and went in to wait to be called. About an hour later I started thinking how the embassy oficials would know to call us.....how would they know if we came in on the 2nd, 3rd, or 5th if we were just told to come in sometime that week. I asked one of the guards about this and he said that if we were not put on a list when we came in we would not be called. Again I freaked!!! Luckily at 11am they open a counter especially for US Citizens services. As soon as they opened I went up and explained that it we were not put on a list and were not going to be called. The same nice lady as before took my wife's passport and looked up her file. Then she handed me a claim number and told me to come back at 4pm and that our visa was approved!!! We went back at 4pm and everything was in order......after such a long wait ( 7 months ) FINALLY we had our approved visa!!! We were so happy we went luggage shopping!!

Well thats our story I want to thank all of you for helping us clear up our questions and making the process easier. If I had to give tips to those just begining your journey I would say:

1. Read the guidlines posted on this website they are really good

2. Use common sense

3. Ask the embassy don't be affraid they actually do want to help you

4. Plan ahead and be ready for the interview

Good luck to all of you and I will keep my timeline updated and post again after our POE.

Congratulations!

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

congrats :thumbs:

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Congratulations!!! We'll be having our interview in September, so thanks for the heads-up. Right now I'm in the process of getting it all together.

6-09-06 Met Luis in Honduras

3-02-07 Went to Honduras to go see him

3-12-07 Finally mailed I-129F to CSC

3-13-07 They Received I-129F Petition

3-15-07 Touched

3-19-07 Received letter with case number

6-13-07 Touched (APPROVED and didn't even know it. Had to call CSC on7/2/07) 92 DAYS!

6-14-07 Touched

6-27-07 Sent to NVC

6-29-07 Touched

6-30-07 Touched Again

7-05-07 NVC APPROVED & SENT TO HONDURAS!!!!

7-10-07 Recvd letter from NVC of APPROVAL

8-21-07 INTERVIEW DATE!!!!

8-22-07 Everything went well, except..... they have to do an FBI check

10-19-07 Call from embassy that application is approved!! 59 DAYS WAITING!

10-22-07 VISA IN HAND BABY!!!

10-23-07 LUIS COMES TO THE U.S.!

10-30-07 MARRIED!!!!! YEAH!

AOS & EAD

11-14-07 Finally mailed AOS & EAD

11-15-07 Received and signed by V. Bustamante

11-23-07 Check cashed

12-05-07 Biometrics appt

01-23-08 EAD card received

3-14-08 Interview

3-17-08 Appt. went well, now just waiting for the card!!

4-15-08 approx. Got Green Card!

Children's I-485

4-1-08 Luis's children arrive from Honduras (Ages 11 & 9)

6-30-08 Mailed AOS (here we go again...)

7-30-08 Biometrics appointment

8-2008 Luis' moves out - kind of suspicious!

12-31-08 Luis returns

4-13-09 Childrens greencard appointment

4-15-09 Luis' moves out again! Smells like fraud to me

10-8-09 Served him annulment papers based on fraud

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.