TheAmelie

Interview scheduled but it’s so close to my due date!!!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Ok so I didn’t except that. Houston office is pretty busy and people really are waiting long for their interviews. I just woke up to an email that our interview is scheduled, as of Jan 27th. So basically I’ll have an interview in a month. I’m due March 7th and I’m so scared I will into labor earlier and I’ll be in the hospital and they’ll deny my case if I don’t make it to the interview. I’m so worried right now. Any advices? Someone had situation like that? 

our Pd is Jan 12th 2021 

Not sure if I should laugh or cry.

I would assume stress is not good for you so rest and relax so you can carry your babe to term. That way you will be done with the interview before the baby gets here.

I still know some babies have their own timetable.

Good luck and congrats

*** Moved from AOS from Work/Student/Tourist Visas forum to AOS Progress Reports ***

3 hours ago, TheAmelie said:

they’ll deny my case if I don’t make it to the interview.

Yes, your AOS application will be denied if you do not attend the interview.  To avoid a denial, contact USCIS and request for a re-schedule.  Make sure to ask for an email with details of the request ticket you filed.  In case USCIS denies your case by mistake, at least you will have an email trail that you followed proper procedure for re-scheduling.  A similar thing happened to another VJ member who recently had his AOS denied despite having a prior request for re-schedule --

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chancy said:

*** Moved from AOS from Work/Student/Tourist Visas forum to AOS Progress Reports ***

Yes, your AOS application will be denied if you do not attend the interview.  To avoid a denial, contact USCIS and request for a re-schedule.  Make sure to ask for an email with details of the request ticket you filed.  In case USCIS denies your case by mistake, at least you will have an email trail that you followed proper procedure for re-scheduling.  A similar thing happened to another VJ member who recently had his AOS denied despite having a prior request for re-schedule --

What’s if it’s an emergency? What if I literally go into a labor the day before or the day of my interview? Would be a proof of being in a hospital enough? How does rescheduling work? 
gotta start praying that baby boy will stay in there till March 7th 

23 minutes ago, TheAmelie said:

What’s if it’s an emergency? What if I literally go into a labor the day before or the day of my interview? Would be a proof of being in a hospital enough? How does rescheduling work? 

It's up to you if you want to risk being a no-show for your interview.  Having a medical emergency certainly seems like a valid reason, but you won't know how USCIS will decide until after the fact.  Since you already know when you are due to give birth, better to request for re-scheduling long before your interview date.  As I said above, just make sure to have an email trail documenting that you requested USCIS to re-schedule your interview.

You can reschedule but you must constantly monitor any status update to see when the new interview will happen.

The poster of the case that @Chancyshared has gone through an extremely stressful time trying to fix the issue.

Another choice that I think could work in case you go into labor around the interview date, is your husband attending the interview, explaining the issue, bringing the evidence of you delivering a baby, maybe talking to a supervisor and rescheduling the new interview then and there.

1 minute ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Another choice that I think could work in case you go into labor around the interview date, is your husband attending the interview, explaining the issue, bringing the evidence of you delivering a baby, maybe talking to a supervisor and rescheduling the new interview then and there.

I agree that would be the least risky approach.  Although if I were the one giving birth, I would want my husband with me the whole time.  If the husband can't go to the interview either, maybe hire a legal representative to request for re-schedule at the USCIS office on the day of the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.