Yeezy69

NVC to SG Embassy Wait Time

20 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the wait time for US Embassy in SG to send out and schedule IR1 interview? 

I was DQ'ed on Jan 11th and I was wondering what the wait times are like for SG consulate. 

TIA

On 1/18/2022 at 10:25 PM, Yeezy69 said:

Does anyone know the wait time for US Embassy in SG to send out and schedule IR1 interview? 

I was DQ'ed on Jan 11th and I was wondering what the wait times are like for SG consulate. 

TIA

From what I’ve researched, the wait time seems to be very long. Specially during omricon surge. 

i don’t know when things will pick up, you’re looking anywhere between 2 to 6 months. this can change depending what the embassy decides to.

Maybe try to send out an email to them. And check what is there response. 

• 10 months later...
On 1/18/2022 at 5:25 AM, Yeezy69 said:

TIA

Do you have an update? How long did it end up taking you to receive your interview at the Singapore Consulate after DQ?

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

Sorry for the late response! I received my interview slot about 1-2 weeks after DQ. You have to schedule to do your medical prior the interview.

The actual interview will be about 4 weeks after DQ I believe. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2022 at 6:36 PM, Yeezy69 said:

Sorry for the late response! I received my interview slot about 1-2 weeks after DQ. You have to schedule to do your medical prior the interview.

The actual interview will be about 4 weeks after DQ I believe. Good luck!

Thank you @Yeezy69! We contacted the SG Consulate but they said that they dont have any Panel Physicians at present to do the medical interviews for the next 3 weeks at minimum, so not sure when they will actually send out the interview invites.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2022 at 12:45 AM, SGtoMurica said:

Thank you @Yeezy69! We contacted the SG Consulate but they said that they dont have any Panel Physicians at present to do the medical interviews for the next 3 weeks at minimum, so not sure when they will actually send out the interview invites.

@SGtoMurica

Have you gotten your interview invite?

On 1/12/2023 at 9:52 AM, FJT said:

no sorry I don't. I'm waiting for DQ from NVC and am wondering how long it will take to get to the interview stage. Seems like your case was delayed due to the holiday season? hope you get your interview soon, please do update here

Sure I will do that. When you DQ and finally get an interview invite, can you post here too? Appreciate that.

We are also applying for IR1 from SG. We just got our NOA2 on Dec 2. Nothing from the NVC yet, but we are not in a hurry.

We won’t be ready to move until June 2024, so more curious how long to drag our feet before visa application. NOA2 is good for 12 months. 

43 minutes ago, ujongjoe said:

We are also applying for IR1 from SG. We just got our NOA2 on Dec 2. Nothing from the NVC yet, but we are not in a hurry.

We won’t be ready to move until June 2024, so more curious how long to drag our feet before visa application. NOA2 is good for 12 months. 

I've heard its pretty fast but then again I'll update you when we hear back

On 1/16/2023 at 9:24 PM, ujongjoe said:

I'm applying for IR1 too, I130 approved 21 Dec and received the NVC welcome letter 4 days later

If you need to delay, highly suggest you read this thread: 

On 1/16/2023 at 10:08 PM, SGtoMurica said:

I've heard its pretty fast but then again I'll update you when we hear back

Are you applying for CR1/IR1 too? I'm expecting my DQ to happen in early Feb. Fingers crossed

On 1/19/2023 at 4:16 AM, FJT said:

I'm applying for IR1 too, I130 approved 21 Dec and received the NVC welcome letter 4 days later

If you need to delay, highly suggest you read this thread: 

Are you applying for CR1/IR1 too? I'm expecting my DQ to happen in early Feb. Fingers crossed

No, my category is under EB but I have been DQ since October 2022 so hopefully I will get an IL shortly after CNY. I actually want to get it ASAP and not looking to delay hah.

8 hours ago, FJT said:

Yikes... seems like the clinic that usually does the medical exam is closed permanently 

In that case, they should waive the requirement until further notice. Probably best to email the embassy in Singapore for advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.