TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't find the I-693A... I can only find the I-693

Am I blind?

What do you mean by "find"?

Firstly there is no such form as I-693A, its real name is Supplement A to I-693 (or something like that). Although this is available online, there is little point in downloading it because a Civil surgeon must fill it out and they have copies already.

Or am I missing the point here?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
I find it silly too but the IO wants me to mail it in. I had so much other stuff that showed we live together but she still wanted those utility bills. She even asked for house keys LOL.

Really? That's so ridiculous. How on earth does it prove you're in a relationship? I showed real evidence, like joint lease, bank account and health insurance, you know, stuff that people actually have in both names. No normal couple in America has their Electricity bill in both their names, its ridiculous that they ask this.

Oh, I totally agree! I also had the bank account information, health and dental insurance, etc. We NEVER even thought to really add my name on the utilities because my husband has everything on automatic pay so I never really have to deal with anything. Just for the sake of this RFE, he called yesterday and put my name on everything. I find it odd that she said I am approved BUT she still needs this and that but whatever.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Timeline

Am I blind?

Huh? You have your I-693? The I-693 is your medical exam which USCIS should have. :unsure:

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Oh, I totally agree! I also had the bank account information, health and dental insurance, etc. We NEVER even thought to really add my name on the utilities because my husband has everything on automatic pay so I never really have to deal with anything. Just for the sake of this RFE, he called yesterday and put my name on everything. I find it odd that she said I am approved BUT she still needs this and that but whatever.

So now you need to go get your name added to all the bills, just to send them to USCIS? What a joke. How exactly would that prove anything about your relationship? Sounds like the IO you had needs a reality check.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Am I blind?

What do you mean by "find"?

Firstly there is no such form as I-693A, its real name is Supplement A to I-693 (or something like that). Although this is available online, there is little point in downloading it because a Civil surgeon must fill it out and they have copies already.

Or am I missing the point here?

Well I called the USCIS Civil Surgeon here in Colorado, she said that I should just bring in the form to be sure it is the most current and up to date so I printed a blank one and no big deal. I have copies of the DS-3025 Medical Exam (well my husband does) because he asked the Australian Civil Surgeon if he could have copies od the medical report and they gave him one. We are going to ask the Civil Surgeon here in Colorado to simply transcribe the information from one medical report to the other medical report and then we will send in both reports as well as the TB skin test that they will do for him. I just called and asked a ton of questions and told her our situation. She is going to meet with both of us on Monday likely. Loke flies into the states Sunday.

Am I blind?

Huh? You have your I-693? The I-693 is your medical exam which USCIS should have. :unsure:

They have the medical exam but we made sure to get our own copies to use for AOS. We are all paranoid and proactive types lol. We have like a jillion copies of everything.

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Timeline

So now you need to go get your name added to all the bills, just to send them to USCIS? What a joke. How exactly would that prove anything about your relationship? Sounds like the IO you had needs a reality check.

Yes! I had to be added to all the bills and will have to mail it. Funny thing is that my daughter was with us. The AO/IO said: "Oh, I can tell you're really married - there is no way your daughter would be so attached to your husband if you werent in a real relationship." So well darn, why the silliness with the utility bills? LOL

I'm annoyed but all I can do is give them what they want. i wonder how many people got approved today without their TB test.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

I'm annoyed but all I can do is give them what they want. i wonder how many people got approved today without their TB test.

Me too!!!

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Well, I finally had my interview today at 1:30 pm in Chicago. We ended up being a little bit late because we got lost. Anyhow, we ended up having a very nice immigration officer assigned to our case. She basically asked me the standard questions if I'm a terrorist and so on. She had a very good sense of humor and made jokes about stuff so that made me feel pretty comfortable.

She went through my file checking all the documents and then I was asked for documents. She first asked for a copy of my marriage certificate, then my original birth certificate, and my passport. She removed the I-94 out of there immediately. She asked to see pictures, documents showing that I live at our address (I brought my school registration papers and my membership document stating that I am a member of the American Association for Medical Transcription). I also brought proof of our joint bank account and insurance benefits proving that I am on my husband's insurance policy. LOL, she asked me if I had my house key with me cause she wanted to compare it to my husband's and make sure I have my own house key. I did not have mine with me because I left my purse in the car (less hassle with security). My husband told her he could go get it out of the car but she said never mind, don't worry about it.

To sum it up, I did get approved but I do have an RFE for utility bills and a TB skin test. She told me that since that whole ordeal happened with that American man who traveled with TB from Europe, they now require the skin test. When I had my medical exam done in Germany, they only did the chest X-Ray and my medical did say I have no signs of TB.

So, I will mail her some utility bills and do my TB skin test to send to her and I'm all done for now.

Anyhow, I am approved and she told me I should have my GC by August 1st!

Congratualtions!!!

Question-Do our utility bills have to be in both our names? Wouldn't banking account and charge card information be sufficient?

She told me utility bills had to be in both of our names. We had the paperwork for the joint account and stuff but she wanted more. She even asked to see our house keys but I left mine in my purse in the car. I think it all depends on the IO. Some want a lot of evidence, some accept less.

Thank you for your response. I'll see how it goes.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

After being added, you still have to wait for the current utility bills to come in which will take more time. What will you do to get copies of you being added onto the bill?

No normal couple in America has their Electricity bill in both their names, its ridiculous that they ask this.

We don't even HAVE an electricity bill... our electric is included in the rent we pay each month. The only thing we'll have to pay for ourselves is our house phone when we decide to get that hooked up. The landlord even covers our internet for us. So if they ask us for utility bills they'll have to come up with something else.

After being added, you still have to wait for the current utility bills to come in which will take more time. What will you do to get copies of you being added onto the bill?

Maybe if you call the electric company you could request a copy of your last bill with both names on it? I'm not sure, just an idea.

Edited by Angilla

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.