56 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I don't really understand why people haven't got skin tests. When I went for my medical the Doctor told me: "I know some people will come up positive if they've had the BCG, but if we don't do the test then USCIS can reject the application." This was over a year ago, and it sounds like what he said then is still true today.

I had my BCG done back home when i was 3 months old, guess thats going come up positive then?? Is USCIS going to think i have TB or something or just that because i've been immunizised against against TB that my body has antibodies against against the TB virus or something. Should i go to a CS and get a TB skin test done to be on the safe side just in case i get an RFE for it in the mail for the TB skin to be done? Or, just wait and see and hope for the best that they dont ask for one?

Last TB skin test i had done was when i just started High School and Local Health Authorities in UK dont keep records of immunizations after your 25th birthday, so they told me.

Maria

Edited by MariaDane

Separated!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my BCG done back home when i was 3 months old, guess thats going come up positive then??

Not necessarily, I had my BCG done when I was 3 years old and the skin test didn't come up positive, 29 years later.

Last TB skin test i had done was when i just started High School and Local Health Authorities in UK dont keep records of immunizations after your 25th birthday, so they told me.

The scar on your arm is a pretty good indicator that you had a BCG, trust me!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I had my BCG done back home when i was 3 months old, guess thats going come up positive then??

Not necessarily, I had my BCG done when I was 3 years old and the skin test didn't come up positive, 29 years later.

The scar on your arm is a pretty good indicator that you had a BCG, trust me!

cheers, DR_LHA :thumbs:

but, will USCIS still require me to have a TB skin test done?

Separated!!

Sounds like rampant inconsistancy to me. The dr in London never mentioned the TB skin test to my fiance at all. I guess if we end up getting an AOS interview, we'll go to the civil surgeon here and get one done. Sheesh.

Well my civil surgeon was in the USA, not the UK. Perhaps that makes a difference.

The guy was talking about his own personal experiences with USCIS though, it didn't sound like he'd been told by USCIS to give skin tests, just that people he didn't give the skin test to came back to him to get it after getting RFEs etc.

I'm following you now.

I just find it amusing (ok, more frustrating than amusing!) that people are getting RFE'd at interview for not having the skin test, while those who aren't interviewed (& are approved!) likely did not have the skin test at their K1 or K3 overseas medical. :unsure:

And I'll bet if we looked hard enough, we'd find people here who were interviewed and approved without having had the skin test. :wacko:

SA4userbar.jpg

And I'll bet if we looked hard enough, we'd find people here who were interviewed and approved without having had the skin test. :wacko:

Undoubtedly. Consistancy was never USCIS's strong suit.

Undoubtedly. Consistancy was never USCIS's strong suit.

True dat. :lol:

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Here's that damn TB skin test. What the heck are they doing? There's no consistency here.........

Yeah, I don't know either.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Timeline
I don't really understand why people haven't got skin tests. When I went for my medical the Doctor told me: "I know some people will come up positive if they've had the BCG, but if we don't do the test then USCIS can reject the application." This was over a year ago, and it sounds like what he said then is still true today.

Oh, trust me, had I known I needed a skin test, I would have one done. I put faith into the CS who did my medical exam so it never crossed my mind that he would miss something important. He told me I needed the x-ray so I got the x-ray. I've had skin tests done when I was younger but that was about it.

I don't know about what someone said a year ago. I just know that the IO who interviewed me said that this was a new requirement which the CDC put into effect AFTER the TB scare with that guy.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Timeline
Sounds like rampant inconsistancy to me. The dr in London never mentioned the TB skin test to my fiance at all. I guess if we end up getting an AOS interview, we'll go to the civil surgeon here and get one done. Sheesh.

Me either. You know, we pay these civil surgeons and put faith in them to do what needs to be done. If my CS knew i would need a skin test, then he is wrong for not giving me one. My biggest gripe is that I feel when they received my I-485, they should have then sent me an RFE for the skin test - not at my interview.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Timeline

Well my civil surgeon was in the USA, not the UK. Perhaps that makes a difference.

The guy was talking about his own personal experiences with USCIS though, it didn't sound like he'd been told by USCIS to give skin tests, just that people he didn't give the skin test to came back to him to get it after getting RFEs etc.

I'm following you now.

I just find it amusing (ok, more frustrating than amusing!) that people are getting RFE'd at interview for not having the skin test, while those who aren't interviewed (& are approved!) likely did not have the skin test at their K1 or K3 overseas medical. :unsure:

I gotta say that I agree with you there!

036.jpg

Timeline:

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Oh, trust me, had I known I needed a skin test, I would have one done. I put faith into the CS who did my medical exam so it never crossed my mind that he would miss something important. He told me I needed the x-ray so I got the x-ray. I've had skin tests done when I was younger but that was about it.

I'm blaming your CS here, not you BTW. ;)

Timeline
Congrats for your approval!! TB test can be done at any public health office or it should be done only at USCIS doctor?

Thanks

Thanks! Not sure about a public health center. The IO just told me that I need to have it done by a CS so I will just go there. In the end, you need a CS anyway to transcribe it all. The IO told me it is $75 for this skin test - I hope it turns out that she is wrong.

I'm blaming your CS here, not you BTW. ;)

I blame him too but for some reason, I'm starting to think that it's a foreign thing. Seems like those that had their medicals done in their home country did not get the TB skin test. It looks like only the CS's here in the US do it. I think USCIS needs to send out proper protocols so everyone can perform the same procedures.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

Removal of Conditions:

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Wow, a skin test! I am glad the CDC is on top of these things :P Congrats, hope you can get the RFE resolved quickly and the GC arrives.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.