MBGD

IR 2 - Missed to fill out I130 for my Child

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 hours ago, mam521 said:

That separation in the applications is challenging.

It is very simple to just delay the case which gets to NVC first.  Why expedite?   

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 7 months later...

~~ Duplicate thread removed. Please do not start multiple threads pertaining to same or related topics. Post all follow up updates and questions in this thread only ~~

35 minutes ago, MBGD said:

Hello friends, 

I posted a while ago about the mistake we made by not submitting our kid (3 years old) seperate I130 application. We submitted her application in Januray 2022 and we are still waiting for updates ( we called many times to seek support from USCIS and of course we did not get any answer). At the Meantime, we ended up submitting the documents of my spouse to NVC in July ( my spouse got approved in Januray 2022 and we decided to wait based on many friends feedback in this forum to make sure that both applications got processed together). Yesterday, they approved our documents and we are DQ. What should we do? My child has a B2 visa and we are thinking that once her mom gets her IR1, they travel together. Once her I130 gets approved, they go back to the country to finish the process. Did anyone experience this situation before?

Members here advised you to not submit the documents to NVC and to stall the NVC process…. You did exactly the opposite which I’m confused about. Have you considered that they might not allow them entry? US citizen father, mother with an IR1 spousal visa, and child with a tourist visa — sounds like an intent to immigrate rather than visit. Moreover, B2 doesn’t allow more than 6 months stay usually, so how will you address that? 

1 minute ago, powerpuff said:

~~ Duplicate thread removed. Please do not start multiple threads pertaining to same or related topics. Post all follow up updates and questions in this thread only ~~

Members here advised you to not submit the documents to NVC and to stall the NVC process…. You did exactly the opposite which I’m confused about. Have you considered that they might not allow them entry? US citizen father, mother with an IR1 spousal visa, and child with a tourist visa — sounds like an intent to immigrate rather than visit. Moreover, B2 doesn’t allow more than 6 months stay usually, so how will you address that? 

We did for 8 months and I think we miscalculted the timeframe. Thinking that the I130 for a minor will be approved within 8 months at least. Also, the NVC portal says that if you don't submit within one year the application will be withdrawn or something and they have another process if you get to that timeframe.  We are just tired from waiting. It has been two years now :(  I think we will need to handle this some how if they can't travel together.

Being a minor and processing times for I-130 are unrelated

NVC says that you have to keep contact once a year to keep your application open. You can theoretically have it in the NVC stage for years if you wanted to by simply messaging them once a year. 

7 minutes ago, MBGD said:

We are just tired from waiting. It has been two years now :(  I think we will need to handle this some how if they can't travel together.

I, and everyone here, understand that it’s hard because we have all been separated from our loved ones. However, this is what comes with US immigration and petitioning for someone who is foreign. Good luck in your journey, I hope you do not make more mistakes as that can prolong the process once again. 

4 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

Being a minor and processing times for I-130 are unrelated

NVC says that you have to keep contact once a year to keep your application open. You can theoretically have it in the NVC stage for years if you wanted to by simply messaging them once a year. 

I, and everyone here, understand that it’s hard because we have all been separated from our loved ones. However, this is what comes with US immigration and petitioning for someone who is foreign. Good luck in your journey, I hope you do not make more mistakes as that can prolong the process once again. 

Thanks and really apprecited it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.